Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

Todd, I really like that bottom right section full of mysterious MOFI records. Which ones are they? Looks like a collection I'd hate to have to move across an ocean again . . .

2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

3. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Had to cut up a nice book to make this box. Worth it

4. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

5. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Absolutely amazing. Curious what was the book used to assemble this masterpiece?

6. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Good advice. I was looking at Sound Anchor stands; but, I do have several large chunks of 100+ yr old oak in the garage. Perhaps, I'll fashion stands out of one; seems I always do things the hard way, anyway...

BigGame likes this.
  7. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Views Magnetic Storm Roger and Dean ( google image). Probably most know for Asia and Yes album covers. You can see a black and white prelim in the corner of the cabinet ( dragon and ball). Découpage On the top and buried in acrylic and then glass on top. I thought it came out pretty cool, thanks.
    War of the worlds saucer buried in the ground ( center in red)

AudioRoss and sacsongs like this.
  8. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Thanks! Lots of various titles. A good blend of releases from the older, middle, and newer releases. I need to put a list together one day.

The move across the ocean luckily went well. I agree. I would hate the idea to have to do it again.

Eduardo Denaro likes this.
  9. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Very nice! What kind of TV is that? I like the stand on it.

10. jenkovix

jenkovix Forum Resident

Wondering to buy these speakers. Are they SF Venere 3.0? How do they sound?

11. Todd Fredericks

It's a Panasonic TC-P60VT60. The last of their plasma line (2013) and a pretty incredible picture. Thankfully it works here via a stepdown transformer and can handle all the various formats with no problems. We got the stand back in 2006 from Onecall.com. I cannot remember which brand but we've been very happy with it. Thanks!

12. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

For my taste too cold.
    But I keep them connected on solid-state amp.
    They need tube amp, prima luna sound good to me but missing a lot of power.
    Now my pair is connected on vintage combination Mitsubishi DA-P20 & DA-A10. But I think that I need tube preamp one Audio research like LS17.

13. vanye

vanye Forum Resident

Why are the Eagles in between the Bob Dylans?

14. Dr Jackson

Dr Jackson Surgeon of Sound

Wow, impressive stuff here.

15. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Me too.....

16. Todd Fredericks

Ha! I didn't even notice. Misfiled. I'll correct that tomorrow. Thanks! :)

Eduardo Denaro and Mazzy like this.
  17. Maybe the Eagles feel they are as important as Dylan. Hoping something will rub off on them ?

Kyhl likes this.
  18. Todd Fredericks

Tapping into the power of Bob. I better not wake up tomorrow and the Eaglex box is sitting next to the Beatles albums. That sneaky box/group!

JeffMo, Kristofa and Mazzy like this.
  19. The Eagles box will have devour your Flying Burrito Bros, First National Band and Poco records if you have any, and leave nary a trace...:whistle:

20. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Ah I miss the plasmas. I was able to pick up the last of the samsung plasma at the end of 2014. I'm pretty sure I got the last one in the valley and I had to drive across town to get it. Still worth it. Blows away any TV at best buy today. Shame they did away with them. Far superior to LED/LCD IMO. The Plasma I paid $1,000 for on a closeout now goes for $1500 plus used. And they aren't getting any newer.

21. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Hope oled prices come down quickly.

Love my two LG Plasmas.

bluemooze likes this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

My thoughts too. I'm new to this forum,or any forum for that matter, super fun hanging with folks with the same interests.
    Super cool systems and spaces you guys have.
    It's like an overdose of stuff I dig:)

23. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

My media room is still under construction, so I'm not ready to post pics yet, but had a quick comment to share. My 29yr old niece was visiting today and was looking over my setup. She kept asking me about my "Edison lamp piece".

"It's cool, is it supposed to be like a steampunk thing?" - "No, it's a vacuum tube amp."
    "A what? Why is it putting out so much heat?" - "It's on and the music is playing through it. Vacuum tubes get hot."
    "So the music is making the lamps glow? I'm going to text my friend and see if he's ever heard of vacuum tube amps."

A little while later... (text) "Mike said vacuum tube amps are old and this must be an antique. He's surprised it still works."
    [​IMG]

Mccrip, bluesaddict, trd and 32 others like this.
  24. trd

trd Forum Resident

25. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I'm only 3 years older than your niece.

I don't know whether she's the weird one for not knowing about vacuum tube amps or I'm the weird one for not being able to recall a time when I didn't know about vacuum tube amps.

:laugh: