Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Thanks Don, it took me a while to set it up, but it was worth the effort:p

2. Ilovefooty

Ilovefooty Forum Resident

I can't work out how to post a pic on this forum. I would if i could.

3. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

PostImage and TinyPic are two services that will let you upload an image for free and post a link to that image here on the forum. Once you upload a picture to PostImage or TinyPic, look for a provided link that links you directly to the JPG image you uploaded. Then add that link to a forum post here. Your image will show up in the forum post.

Starwanderer, Dino and Ilovefooty like this.
  4. IAMBLEST

IAMBLEST Forum Resident

Upload a pic to imgur.com on your phone or laptop. Copy the URL it gives you. Click in the image icon and paste the url from imgur.com and click OK.

Dino and Ilovefooty like this.
  5. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

The family room system is staying. I spent much of the weekend re-initializing the Twonkey media server on the NAS. I'm learning a lot about the quirks of the DLNA implementation of both the server that's embedded in that Buffalo NAS and the playback side this Sony BDP-S590. Anyone who has been following the "Now Listening" thread in "Long and Winding" has been exposed to the whole story.

I swapped the old 90s Sony towers with the more recent models which sound and look better. Funny that my home theater room which was my #1 priority for audio 10 years ago has become #3 behind the family room / whole house system and the office system. I'm listening to a lot of stuff to get an idea of what my capability is here. I think new speakers may be in my future, but we shall see. Once I get used to these they will probably be fine.

So the system consists of:
    * Dish Network Joey receiver
    * Sony BDP-S590 Blu-Ray player - SACD capable with DLNA playback capabilities.
    * Pioneer PD-F606 25 CD changer - honestly the only reason this is here is because the BDP-S590 lacks a shuffle mode. I would rather load a DVD-R with all my Christmas albums and put it on Shuffle than load this up with 25 Holiday CDs at the end of the year.
    * Marantz SR-1420 receiver - no remote, but the Dish Network receiver can do volume and power.
    * Sony SS-F6000 tower speakers

I can turn on a wall-switch to activate two Proficient Audio C-625TT speakers; one in the Kitchen, one in the dining room. These are connected to an old JVC R-K11 receiver (first stereo receiver I ever bought myself new in the early 80s. Still works) and a Dayton T-Amp respectively.

Here is the system with the grills removed from the speakers.
    [​IMG]

Looks more like this most of the time:
    [​IMG]

The room, from the corner of the kitchen - one of the Proficient Audio single point stereo speakers is directly above my head. You can see the one wall on the left is all windows with a hearth and gas fireplace. The Corgi is Tucker. The oxblood leather chair is by Thomasville.

[​IMG]

A slightly better angle, but does not illustrate the hearth. Directly under the ski poster is where I envision the Urban Outfitters record rack. Where the lamp is near the love seat on the left is where the turntable could potentially go. The lamp would move to the other side of the love seat. For a long time I ran a Philips 90s pro-logic receiver in stereo mode which had more than a passing family resemblance to this Philips era Marantz receiver, so I have a high level of confidence in the phono preamp that's built in here.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Hi Tucker!

Manimal and PhilBiker like this.
  7. PhilBiker

Some more angles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Listening to Bruce Cockburn's "Anything Anytime Anywhere" SACD right now. The speakers are good enough I think to resolve that SACD sounds better than a 320K LAME encoded MP3.

Honestly I think this system the whole front end could resolve substantially better with some better speakers. The speakers are the obvious and glaring weak point. Though they are sufficient, I'm going to want to replace them if I end up really liking this.

Sitting in that easy chair surfing on my Microsoft Surface with a ball game on the TV is pretty compelling. The imaging that is perfect in my nearfield upstairs is nonexistent, but I have that room for perfect imaging.

8. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

why are your speakers so close together?

IanL, Jerry Horne and Mazzy like this.
  9. PhilBiker

In order to tuck the system neatly into the corner.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  10. Ilovefooty

Ilovefooty Forum Resident

The internals of one of my Audio Note Kits EL34 Level 3 Mono Blocks. The tubes are Psvane EL34PH, Seimens ECF80 and Genelex Gold Lion GZ34 rectifiers.

I'll post some better pics of the rest of system in the next few days. This was my first post.

[​IMG]

oboogie, IanL, RDriftwood and 15 others like this.
  11. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Comfortable looking.

12. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Love it, and love the pic of the door, which sets us up for the surprise of entering the room. Nicely done! What are the room dimensions if you don't mind me asking? (edit; Saw 10sqM in a subsequent post although the exact dimensions would still be interesting. :))

B_big! likes this.
  13. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Haha! Exact! hehehe. Who is that, Munch?

14. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

15. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I thought it was Goya.

16. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Nice deck Henry!!

HenryH and BigGame like this.
  17. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Ah. Google imaged it: Kokoschka.

18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Good catch! I never would have guessed.

"The portrait of "Peter Altenberg (1909)," shown above, for instance, depicts a face in harsh red tones, blood rushing through flesh, bright red skin. The eyes are sad and weary, with heavy lids and bags below. His hands are gesticulating out of the portrait plane, jabbing out into pictorial space, each finger gnarled and arthritic. The background places the subject in some Hellish nowhere, with abstract expressionistic slashes of black and red. Kokoschka's fingerprints are everywhere, literally. He wants you to be aware this is paint, pigment on canvas, put on the canvas by an artist."

Art/Museums: Oskar Kokoschka: Early Portraits from Vienna and Berlin 1909-1914 at the Neue Galerie in New York ยป

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  19. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Wow, I really like that

20. roole

roole Forum Resident

[​IMG]

My little setup.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    JUCO, Chris81, Jay hartman and 46 others like this.
  21. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Good ol' OK. Oskar Kokoschka.

Sneaky Pete and Donniej like this.
  22. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

The exact dimensions are:

lenght = 3.60 m (141.7323 in)
    width = 2.70 m (106.2992 in)
    hight = 2.50 m (98.4252 in)
    The record storage sizes:

length = 2.65 m (104.3307 in)
    hight = 2.47 m (97.2441 in)
    depth = 0.36 m (14.1732 in)

I hope this is what you asked for! . [​IMG]

23. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Little?? wow

24. timind

timind phorum rezident

Someone has to ask; why are your speakers are facing the wall instead of the listening area?

25. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

It's easier to disconnect/connect the cables this way as I'm swapping back and forth between the maggies and the little box on the tv stand there.
    They sound the same from behind as they do from the front, though some believe they sound better from behind!

vanye, sacsongs and timind like this.