Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

I think we have the same subwoofer ... AudioEngine S8?

2. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

3rd from the left please!

Ron P. likes this.
  3. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

It seems as if we have a new Micro Brewery opening in San Diego County every couple of weeks, perhaps a slight exaggeration but we have a lot. We have been dubbed the Micro Brew Capital of the World with 74 Premium breweries and counting and each one has something unique to bring to the Aficionado.

Drink Up San Diego keeps tabs on all of these. If you are a beer fan you need to stop buy here!

@Ron P. - Good choice, the Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout is one of my all time favorites along side of the Ballist Point Indra Kunindra (which is probably one of the most uniques tasting beers that I have ever drank, but can get very spicy).

Mad shadows likes this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

My nest egg is my home in Oakland. Bought it in '98 and it's already worth 3x what I paid. Not selling anytime soon but yup it's nuts what's going on in the Bay Area these days.

Mazzy likes this.
  5. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes indeed, AudioEngine. But not for the Maggies. It is for the TV audio on the wall to the right. Helping the little NHT's on the wall.

6. Mogens

Mogens Forum Resident

You should sell before there is no water.

7. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

"....drink scotch whiskey all night long,
    and die behind the wheel".

Sorry, on a Steely Dan kick...just bought tickets for the Red Rocks show, (opening show for the tour with Elvis).

Those lines from Deacon Blues.......my theme song in life if I had to pick one. Including the scotch whiskey line. I drank A LOT of scotch in my life, so I do appreciate your affection.

[​IMG]

8. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

I bet the view will be simply breathtaking in the fall.

9. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

same thing going on in Denver. Trying to get a little place there but it's ridiculous. Many listings only last 3 days and go for much more than the asking price. It's an absolute feeding frenzy. I hear it's going on in Austin, Charlotte and Raleigh, Nashville and Oklahoma City....among others. The economy is recovering measurably, but real estate is back with a vengeance.

10. mace

mace Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My space.

barfko, CrazyCatz, Waxxy and 17 others like this.
  11. utahusker

utahusker Senior Member

Nice collection!

12. utahusker

utahusker Senior Member

San Diego is the place to go for brewpub crawls! I love west coast IPA's, I like extreme, but a nice balanced Imperial/double IPA is what sends me.

beowulf likes this.
  13. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

.....the new "rack" is well underway for my dedicated music room.
    .....1/4 sawn white oak....Mission Style

Can't wait for it to be complete.....also a few colour samples I'll be looking at. He's not happy with them just yet.
    Still experimenting with dye combinations. These shown are still wet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Usually needing some serious fixing-up, but some aren't bad. They're 'in the country' though. Or Detroit.

Ron P. likes this.
  15. There are a large if group of you get people and empty nesters who live living in cities. The great cities have attracted more people w $$ and smaller cities are growing.

My parents generation fled the city to the suburbs but I love a place that doesn't shut down at 9pm.

I left SF after 59 years and Seattle is my new home. And people bitch here about the same things as SF but housing is about 1/3 of SF but the locals here mere huge increases

I need great live music and record stores. Seattle fits the bill for that.

jazdoc and Ron P. like this.
  16. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I lived in Seattle many years ago. I loved it.

17. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

Excellent craftsmanship. I dream of having a real wood shop.

18. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Thanks Wardsweb!!! I re-read my post too late to edit it.

But there was a hint in it with this - "He's not happy with them just yet" speaking to the colour samples.

The "He" is a very dear friend of mine who is the builder. Self taught and crazy talented. I do not possess the skills for any of this unfortunately. Needing to give credit where credit is due!!!

He has built me 3 "racks" - including the one in process.

This one a few years ago - walnut -

[​IMG]

...and this one more recently - maple -

[​IMG]

Shiver, Ras, LeeH and 13 others like this.
  19. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

I'm in the process of resto/modding a pair of Infinity Quantum 2's ...I have 1 done (off to the right ) they will soon be taking the place of these Infinity RS IIIa's that I did last year...

[​IMG]

20. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Relocated to a rental property in Jan, I'm now using a headphone system which I love:
    [​IMG]

Cactus Bob, beverett, jfeldt and 13 others like this.
  21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

That looks beautiful!!!
    Do those spikes make a difference on what appears to be a Mac Book Pro?

bluemooze likes this.
  22. alan967tiger

I'm not sure re the spikes, I used them in previous systems and I didn't want them to go unused; on the MBP I think there's a little more air and space with the spiked isolation platforms and the Stillpoints.

23. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

wow, awesome stuff, the complete opposite...

24. alan967tiger

Not sure if you were referring to my photo? If so, the complete opposite of your system?

25. box of frogs

box of frogs Forum Resident

Looks very smart! Do you find the Hush platform makes a beneficial difference to the Esoteric CDP?