Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

If you can derive joy from music on whatever you're listening to it on, then you have wealth beyond imagination. IMHO.

2. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

My home is my man cave :)

[​IMG]

33na3rd, BKphoto, royzak2000 and 33 others like this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

Party on dude!!

4. AxiomAcoustics

AxiomAcoustics "The enemy is listening"

Thanks, fellow Jazz traveler. Those lamps are great with 4 brightness levels and choice of warm or cool, we bought several. Note that the one at the turntable is the same line but one of the two segment models rather than the 4 segment like at the RCM.

SteelyTom likes this.
  5. AxiomAcoustics

Not only that but a hi-fi store with really nice audition rooms, a craft beer fridge and a drumkit in the next room....and.....meets all WAF requirements. :cool:

Don Parkhurst and eddiel like this.
  6. AxiomAcoustics

Thanks, I think :laugh: So coincidentally, since you're from Chicago, the pix in that post feature two Chicago references......can you name them?

7. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

i could stare at your photos all day, but it makes me want to take a nap in the garage with the car running :)

gd0 and AxiomAcoustics like this.
  8. AxiomAcoustics

Well put :thumbsup: A killer Phish jam blasting out of the garage boom box while doing chores still elicits joy, no matter the sound.

timztunz likes this.
  9. Bathory

in all honesty, I almost bought the pass labs monos used. 300's maybe, buut I did end up buying a nice pair of McCormack dna-750's instead, the price i could not pass up, and it turns out, if you didn't see my rants (happy ones ) the amps were owned by Dan Babineau, and i spoke with him many times now, he installed some mega top quality teflon capacitors, and some other stuff, so I'm not complaining.

but thats the extent of my audio, preamp is ok, cd player is low level quality, speakers are looked upon as junk by many. so nothing is listed.

AxiomAcoustics likes this.
  10. AxiomAcoustics

:biglaugh: Note that my "garage" comment above was posted before I read your response.

11. AxiomAcoustics

Nice Studios :thumbsup:

12. Bathory

its the visual setup you have,....mine is just a tv, with a large three shelf thing, with my amps on either side on butcher blocks, and the components on the shelves. as I wrote pref, i just purchased the yamaha cd-s300 cd player, many cruddy reviews, but the good ones are great ! i just hope it lasts longer than 30 play hours, my cd player i just sent back to sweet water ( who were absolutely amazing by the way ) !!!! will refund me fully, and i ordered the yamaha cd-s300 cd player. Im just hoping it lasts longer than 30 hours. as my older cd players i had lasted me 10+ years easy! onkyo dx-7500 and acurus acd-11.

13. GMcGilli

GMcGilli Forum Resident

Have to admit - as soon as I saw the lights I was expecting 2 turntables and a mixer :)

14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

You know, I like to look at everyone's setup. There is music coming out of them all.

15. Bathory

true, as long as the buds are sticking to my fingers, and the stella artois is cold and frothy, CCR is playing at a nice volume, life isn't so bad is it??
    good conversation, and good friends/family, life is good huh?

SteelyTom and Tullman like this.
  16. Bathory

wether it be a 10K pair of MBL paycheck drainers, or a yamaha 95W receiver, life is good?????

maybe

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

What speakers does MBL have that sell for 10K?;)

AxiomAcoustics likes this.
  18. Bathory

just a general thought. I'm thinking of those radiahstrhaler things at 100K regardless, does it matter,......yes.

19. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Challenge accepted...

The view right now.

[​IMG]

1999 model Marantz stereo receiver - $45 on eBay
    Sony SACD compatible Blu-Ray player - $0 gift
    Sony 80s servo driven direct drive linear tracking turntable - $18.50 at a Thrift store
    Pioneer 25CD changer - $150 in 1997
    Polk Audio R50 tower speakers - $50 at a Thrift store

Kicking back listening to a great CD with my dogs while I wait for the storm to blow in: Priceless!

33na3rd, royzak2000, Kyhl and 28 others like this.
  20. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

@PhilBiker thanks for covering those puppies up with some slippers;)

Slippers-on, Shiver, Robert C and 4 others like this.
  21. AxiomAcoustics

Alright man, you're on. Based on your Forum Username I'm guessing I could pull out some Sunn O)))....maybe some Sabs, some Goatsnake? (Yes I'm an audiophile and yes, I listen to non-audiophile-approved heaviness.) I'll supply the beer. (Yes, this is an old pic but hey, the 4:20 seemed so fitting based on your comments and the double IPA is a household staple.) As for the bud? There's a retail "dispensary" literally 1.5 blocks from my house. You however must bring that 25 y.o. Scotch. Deal? :D

[​IMG]

Chupacabra likes this.
  22. AxiomAcoustics

I thought that was.....2 turntables and a microphone? Of course with 2 turntables a mixer always helps.

23. AxiomAcoustics

That's what I was thinking......missing a zero.

24. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Active Member

Doom, drone, and stoner metal sound absolutely stunning on vinyl. I know a lot of people that pooh-pooh that sentiment, but I'll put even new releases against their digital counterparts most any day.

Not every record of course, but enough of them that I'll default to just buying them that way. Bands like Sunn O))) take vinyl very seriously.

BlackPearl and AxiomAcoustics like this.
  25. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

And what happens after the third pint ?

MaxxMaxx4 likes this.