Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

How do you like that a Marantz?

2. Uri Cohen

Uri Cohen Forum Resident

I haven't used the analog outs of the unit yet. I purchased it for a good looking transport to my Audio-GD unit. When I get my upgraded Audio-GD next week, I can test the analog outs of the unit (since the upgraded until will be a Preamp/Amp/DAC, which means for the most part I'll used the built-in DAC to headphone amp and it takes external analog sources).

So far so good, it's more nicer when you are seeing it with your own eyes. Two minor things: You can only eject CDs from the actual unit (the remote does not have a eject button), and at times the CD tray won't close back in (but that hasn't been happening to me as of late, I got the unit last week).

I'm still burning in the unit and doing more things, but this sounds like a good CD spinner for $600 at the moment.

3. New gas fireplace and tile (almost finished) next to my main setup. I have a center listening chair. TV arm pivots to left seating area when needed.

Law & Order is always showing someplace in the world

[​IMG]

Kyhl, vintage_tube, arar and 19 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

Kyhl, arar, Bananas&blow and 14 others like this.
  5. revolversoul

revolversoul Forum Resident

dig Nipper over in the corner, and that is a great looking room

mrz80, SandAndGlass and Vinyl Addict like this.
  6. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Could you do a before / after post, Mazzy?

7. Old tile wood burning on right. New tile, hearth and gas fireplace on left. Still needs the insert and inside frame on left.

[​IMG]

Kyhl, arar, Rupe33 and 13 others like this.
  8. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very nice upgrade.

9. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Two views and the recently simplified living room system. There's an Adcom GFA-545 in the middle driving the baby Thiel speakers. Variable output from the TV straight to the amp.

Relatively new to the house, so the mismatched furniture in the background is temporary. I have been resisting hanging the TV on the wall, because I prefer it low for watching - probably willing to live with the aesthetic downside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  10. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Looked good to begin with, but that's a huge improvement. Very nice!

Vinyl Addict and Mazzy like this.
  11. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

New fire place, looking slick & urbane, Mazzy!

Mazzy likes this.
  12. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Very nice room, tastefully thought out. Love Nipper in the corner!!

Mazzy likes this.
  13. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

I'm very limited to space, but did manage a little to move things around. Must get some longer speaker cables!, I've put off doing so until I decide what to buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, Jay hartman and 59 others like this.
  14. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I have 700, it looks like about one fifth of whats shown in the photo, 3000 is my guess.

MaxxMaxx4 and e.s. like this.
  15. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Space-limited, to be sure, but tasteful, clean and uncluttered.

That's a whole lotta Marshall for that corner - but the leafy adornment is a nice touch!

Voltaire likes this.
  16. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Where'd you get the big Nipper?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Antique mall about 25 years ago.

SandAndGlass and Vinyl Addict like this.
  18. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Yes, an audio room is never quite complete, without "Nipper", Got to have Nipper.

And, yes, that is a nice large room. Most, just don't have that much glorious open space.

I do have a question. Do you ever bring your speakers out further from the wall, when listening?

With your room, as I am seeing it, I would bet that it would provide some fantastic imaging.

The best imaging that I remember, is when there is nothing around the speakers, as much as possible, in every direction.

I would think that may also improve, with your speakers being closer to your listening position.

Just curious?

Manimal and Mazzy like this.
  19. Good suggestion. Simple answer no. They are about a foot out from the walls now. I'm intending to upgrade speakers possibly sometime later this year or early next and I deffinitely will try that then. For now , until I replace my cables, I'm pretty much at the max. No additional length.

Thanks for the tip. It has been something I've thought of.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. Try1256

Try1256 Forum Resident

Here is my rig. BAT VK-3i, VK-P5, Odyssey Khartago, Thorens TD-160, Yamaha PX-3, Polk SDA 2b

[​IMG]

21. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I've got that same Studio 2 sign!

Jay hartman likes this.
  22. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

Guitars always seem to take a music room to a level that a room with audio equipment alone doesn't usually reach.

mrz80, PhilBiker, ChristianL and 3 others like this.
  23. Try1256

Try1256 Forum Resident

My daughter went to Paris and London last year. They went to Abbey Road and got it in the gift shop. I have the album framed above it out of the picture.

timind likes this.
  24. Try1256

Try1256 Forum Resident

Thanks Bob
    The Les Paul I have owned since 1974. My wife bought the ES-335 for me in 1980. It is a 1971 model. The 79 Strat is on the other wall.

Kostas, Black Widow, dadonred and 3 others like this.
  25. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Yes, but only if the owner is actually a musician. I have always liked great guitars and other instruments, but since I don't play any of them, I refrain from collecting them.