Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

My humble home theater.

[​IMG]

:D

KSM91, barfko, easycraig and 23 others like this.
  2. Mad shadows

Mad shadows Forum Resident

Well, humble is more of my approach to most things in life - you can all ways spend more money and time.
    The business end of things for me is music - vinyl is my true passion.

arar, 56GoldTop, Shoalcove and 4 others like this.
  3. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

Are we going to see a new thread?

Bananas&blow likes this.
  4. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

This is true ....now Mad shadows system makes mine look like a Little Tyke toy!

....but I love my Little Tyke toy by the way! :)

But my cousin who owns a Hi Fi shop in our city has a client with a system in his "man-cave" that exceeds $250,000 .....that's not a typo.

So it's all relative I suppose.

We like what we like and many of us have a budget that gets us what it does!

Enjoy what you have....it is as MS says all about the music at the end of the day.

5. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I love that wall!

Ntotrar likes this.
  6. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I know I JUST posted in this thread, however, today I made a big change that I wanted to share!! My integrated amp is gone, and replaced with a Mcintosh C47 pre, and MC275 tube amp. I feel like I got new speakers, that's how different (and amazing!) it sounds. I am ready for a LONG weekend of listening!!! I sold my headphone rig, as it was not getting use since building this room out. I did, however, keep my fav pair; my Audeze LCD-XC's. I can use them with this setup for when I feel like a 'phone session. :) Anyway, thanks for letting me post twice within a few weeks! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

That top picture in the previous post is very nicely composed - great perspective shot.

Wired4Fun and Mad shadows like this.
  8. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

With a system like this, it's perfectly understandable why the headphone rig was collecting dust. Congrats!

Wired4Fun and PhilBiker like this.
  9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Aw, big deal! $250,000 CAD is only $187,500 US! :whistle:

10. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

AP....our dollar improved again today.....it's actually $198,000 and change US!!

...so there!!! :D

11. loudwizard

loudwizard Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Same system, new art and rugs. Pretty stoked. I'm super curious about upgrading, but I'm awfully happy with this system for the moment.
    I think the Sphinx v2 and Monitor Silver 8s play really well together. I think a cartridge and phono stage upgrade will be next.

Records are in multiple rooms of the house, but here's another display I see from this vantage point.
    [​IMG]

jacchank, easycraig, Burner and 46 others like this.
  12. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I like your wall decorations... quirky, yet cool!

PhilBiker and loudwizard like this.
  13. Seancito

Seancito Forum Resident

I see you have a Rogue Sphinx. I do too and love it. Do you use the preamp with the Sphinx? Is there an advantage to that with a MM cartridge?

PhilBiker and loudwizard like this.
  14. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

Striking. Love that 1060......

PhilBiker likes this.
  15. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

What a great start! Super system, plus you've started acquiring some essential artists: Beatles, Yes, Floyd, Johnny Cash..... Plus a flair for decorating. WELL done!

16. loudwizard

loudwizard Well-Known Member

yes, I use the Lounge preamp right now. I was just curious if it would be an improvement over the phono in the Sphinx - and it is, substantially.

bluemooze and Joe Spivey like this.
  17. Saycheese78

Saycheese78 Member

He has one component that make his system more transparent than most of us.

His ears.

Take good care of them and try to prevent prolonged usage of cans

PhilBiker likes this.
  18. Ulises

Ulises Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Here is my main floor vintage system. Sansui 4000, Dual 1237, Klipsch Heresy I. Digital is a Schitt Modi Multibit linked to a Google Chromecast with an Ifi SPIDF Ipurifier. This is in a pretty open space (Living room, dining room, kitchen) and it fills it with ease. When we are here it's always playing something. I love that when I'm cooking and a record ends the 1237 automatically lifts the tonearm!

BluTorch, arar, Donniej and 25 others like this.
  19. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Love the Sansui!!

....original case or did you make it?

20. Ulises

Ulises Forum Resident

....original case or did you make it?[/QUOTE]

The Sansui case is original--it belonged to my father-in-law, whose brother brought it back from Japan in 1971 or thereabouts. I love that my wife grew up listening to it and now my kids will do the same. Had it serviced once and have never had a single problem with it. The Dual plinth is from Fixmydual. I bought the 1237 after a holiday party a few years ago in Chicago and was disappointed in the morning to learn it had a plastic plinth ;) so I had to remedy that.

21. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

The Sansui case is original--it belonged to my father-in-law, whose brother brought it back from Japan in 1971 or thereabouts. I love that my wife grew up listening to it and now my kids will do the same. Had it serviced once and have never had a single problem with it. The Dual plinth is from Fixmydual. I bought the 1237 after a holiday party a few years ago in Chicago and was disappointed in the morning to learn it had a plastic plinth ;) so I had to remedy that.[/QUOTE]

Excellent history!!!

Enjoy the music :whistle:

PhilBiker, SirMarc and Ulises like this.
  22. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Vintage is good!

Manimal, Ulises and cat9 like this.
  23. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

You know, $100,000 systems are great and all, but there's just something about a vintage system like this that really makes me want to listen to records. In the end, you don't need more than that.

Rupe33, e.s., artfromtex and 14 others like this.
  24. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

New flat!

[​IMG]

Burner, arar, Donniej and 46 others like this.
  25. Ron Scubadiver

Ron Scubadiver Forum Resident

I dig photos of buildings out in the middle of nowhere.