Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Yes that's a pet peeve for me and I hesitated fixing that image but the photo and room was nice and I felt it needed to be seen. Even though it wasn't my photo.

I think most folks here use camera phones, and the majority of them have built in apps to alter or fix any images. You don't have to download a separate app. On an iPhone for instance, in PHOTOS just alter the light, and within that area you can work on exposure, shadows and contrast if you like. Especially those who have dark rooms or when you are shooting right into a back lit window coming at you. Sometimes play with your images before you upload them.

I've bee representing commercial photographers for over thirty years and am in awe of their talent. But yes you can now do so much with a friggen phone. I used to be into photography myself when I was young but working with these great photographers has taught me a ton more about the value of imagery.

I love look at all these rooms so I want to view them in the best possible light. That's what this particular thread is all about. Beautiful rooms, beautiful equipment and the viewing of the wide variety of tastes.... Love it all.

bluemooze, Funky54, wgb113 and 5 others like this.
  2. Daily Nightly

Daily Nightly Forum Resident

my upstairs/"headphone" system;)...[​IMG]

Donniej, Rickchick, BigGame and 33 others like this.
  3. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Supper's ready

[​IMG]

The other end of my listening room. Boxes and all. The chair/stool being my perch. Warts and all. Sounds good even though the room is oversized for my little Rega system.

[​IMG]

More listening room, addition of REL T2. It sounds good but I feel Klipshorns in my future!!!
    Been shopping Klipsch on eBay...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    BigGame, Kyhl, Manimal and 11 others like this.
  4. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Supper's ready

Just bought Cornwalls on eBay... God save me. Next will be an appropriate amplifier. I'll keep my Rega sources for now.

5. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Congrats! I would definitely look for nice tube amp for those Cornwalls. What do you envision the budget will be?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  6. pdxway

pdxway Well-Known Member

Have you considered sitting closer? :)

7. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Forum Resident

I bought a pair in December without ever hearing them before. A crites crossover and an old tube amp will fill that room like you can't believe.

RDriftwood likes this.
  8. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Supper's ready

Yeah but the room is huge! Fact is they sound great everywhere but the dynamics are lacking at the other end...

Sell my Brio, sell my RS3 and thrown in a grand and we will see... Scott, Fisher or perhaps a Rogue I don't know yet...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    GoldprintAudio and Dennis0675 like this.
  9. costerdock

costerdock Forum Resident

That music room chair will not do (in my best hanable leckter voice)

Congrats on the Cornwalls. They should be awesome.

PhilBiker, Dennis0675 and Ntotrar like this.
  10. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

LOVE IT! Your my kinda guy Ntotrar! First things first....set up the Hi-Fi. Good Man!!! I also noticed the glass of beer on the other stool.....nicely done!

11. dmleman

dmleman Active Member

Up to date picture of my soundroom.
    [​IMG]Up to date picture of my soundroom by Don Leman, on Flickr

Speakers - Harbeth Monitor 40.2
    Preamp - Blue Circle BC3000
    Amp - Blue Circle BC204
    Turntable -Thorens 125 MkII/ SME 3009 Series III/ Benz Micro Gold
    Phonostage - Blue Circle BC23
    CD player - Denon 3520
    Streamer - Cambridge Audio CXN
    Open Reel - ReVox A77
    Tuner - Magnum Dynalab Etude

12. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Enjoying Sparkling Crystal Clear Digital

Beautiful set up indeed, love those speakers! Everything is so neat and elegant looking, wish the ReVox showed up in the pic, I see it behind the left speaker. Great system to be sure!

13. Steve0

Steve0 Well-Known Member

I really wanted to add a woofa to my setup at home , so we did just that a few weeks ago

[​IMG]

Ok so she is not strictly an audio upgrade but certainly is an upgrade to my life. She is 10 weeks old in that pic and is a French Bulldog in case anyone is wondering.

TT pic from the other night, so I dont offend anyone in the thread ;P

Throens TD124 Mk2, SME 3009 imp, Ortofon 2M Black :)

[​IMG]

ultron9, Donniej, BigGame and 36 others like this.
  14. Some really nice setups in this thread!

Here is mine, it's quite modest but I love the sound coming out of it.
    TT is a Thorens TD166 MKV with an Ortofon 2M Blue.
    Preamp is a Graham Slee Amp Communicator with the audiophile PSU1 upgrade.
    The amp is an all-tubes Thorens AZ-25 from 1961, and the speakers are Cabasse Sloop M4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Donniej, Steve0, Bhob and 42 others like this.
  15. John Woo

John Woo Well-Known Member

it happens to me, just a few months back, i went to a transport/DAC route and never look back
    the sound is so engaging emotionally that i hardly play LPs now.

mreeter and timind like this.
  16. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

This is a thread to show our systems and rooms, not a digital vs. analog debate. Any chance we could talk about that in another thread?

:)

Manimal, SirMarc, Encore and 4 others like this.
  17. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Thanks for that - many posts were deleted. But we DO NOT need another CD vs LP thread!!!!!!!

PhilBiker, Ron P. and timind like this.
  18. james

james Forum Resident

I always pay particular attention to your posts because I think our houses have similar layouts. I'm currently not living there while the kitchen is gutted/renovated. I don't have that fireplace where you do. I was hoping to put the stereo/tv on the same wall you have, but I think my toddler would climb up the back of the couch and maybe fall into the stairwell. Bummed about that.

I also have a half wall where I think you have a railing. Still trying to figure this out (on paper).

[​IMG]

Manimal, bluemooze, Mazzy and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Thank you Emmanuel Zitnik for this posting...made my morning! I once had this table AND have heard this rare amp decades ago....and it was beautiful! Don't know the speakers but my head is now filled with the opening strains of "Round Here" in warm, yet detailed sound that I imagine your system sounds like.

"Step out the front door like a ghost
    into the fog where no one notices
    the contrast of white on white.
    And in between the moon and you
    the angels get a better view
    of the crumbling difference between wrong and right."

Emmanuel Zitnik likes this.
  20. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Ha .....I knew it.....when LiteJazz53 posted that he gave up the table for strictly digits......I knew there was going to be trouble. One of the biggest "can of worms" in the world of Hi-Fi.

timind likes this.

21. Thanks! Lovely record for sure and it does sound fantastic :p

22. Extra points for the Les Paul Standard.

Love your town. Spent a fair amount of time in the mid 90s traveling to Bordeaux on business.

PhilBiker, Emmanuel Zitnik and Ron P. like this.
  23. Kristofa

Kristofa Forum Resident

That looks like a Pro-Ject Speed Box on the table. Does this work with the Thorens?

Emmanuel Zitnik likes this.
  24. Yes, I forgot to list it, but it is indeed a Speed Box S, which happens to work with my Thorens because it has a 16v AC motor.

PhilBiker and Kristofa like this.
  25. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Looks really close. My house is a split level so right when you walk in there is a landing then seven steps up this open living kitchen area or seven steps down to the right where there is a bedroom, bath laundry and what is now my office music cd room and a seperate record library ( formally a tiny bedroom )

I bought the house almost four years ago from flippers after leaving and entire life in Sam Francisco. It was a early 80s track style and I see many of the same style south from me. I loved the clean lines.

Apparently the original small kitchen was walled in cutting up the room. I love that it is all open now like yours. Beautiful open space.

By kitchen is reversed as the island is long ways and the fridge on the opposite side just left of the hallway. I finally renovated the old fireplace installing a more efficient gas one and replacing with a more minimal modernist tile.

Yeah my sofa is in front of the stair railing but my son is now grown up at 26 and out of the house. But I remember those worries back in SF. But my sofa is not close to the back railing - check it out. The tv pivots on an arm towards the sofa area. There's a deck out off the eating area.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Donniej, BigGame, igor_xxxx and 42 others like this.