Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. The ever changing Columbia City I travel a lot for work and I can walk to the light rail. 18 min to Seatac and ten minutes to a ball game. I've always moved into up an coming hoods as you get more for your $. It's been a hot summer so far.

2. For me its all about organization. Some of us need it and others don't. Everything in its right place

Long Live Analog likes this.
  3. Mogens

Mogens Forum Resident

Of course Mazzy has a Mazzer!

4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have 3-pairs of A7's and 1-pair of La Scala's. One pair of A7's has a custom walnut cabinet built around the original plywood cabinet that was shortened 8" and the La Scala's have a custom cabinet built over the commercial black cabinets. I also have a pair of Frazier Dixielander's. Just gotta have them horns!

I have a few solid state amps from Peachtree, Emotiva and Crown. I have a Rogue Cronos Magnum and their M-150 monoblocks. I use the tube amps on the Altec's. I have a couple of First Watt designs that I use on the Altec's as an alternate to the tube amps.

Tim 2 likes this.
  5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I saw the 90 degree temps - not the Seattle in June that I remember!

Heading out there for a family reunion around the 4th of July and looking forward to it. Unfortunately the Mariners are out of town or I'd catch a game too.

You have done a nice job with your new home. Enjoy!

6. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Funny you wrote "Everything in it's right place". One of my fav Radiohead songs, and was listening to the Brad Mehldau cover just now. There are two versions. He does a few Radiohead covers that just kill me! Have a listen if you like jazz piano. Brilliant pianist.

7. I went to my first Mariners game two weeks ago. It was against my hometown San Francisco Giants. I loved that the light rail took 10 minutes.

Every major city is going through big changes. Good and bad. I'm a third generation San Franciscan and luckily owned a home there for 24 years. But like many Californians, I cashed out and bought in Seattle (we seem to be heading here and Portland). No more mortgage. But i do know that for locals here, prices have skyrocketed but still about 1/3 of San Francisco prices. And Seattle is a great music town.

Enjoy your holiday. It is going to me hot here. One of my best friends, another record guy who is an hoffmanite here, is coming out next week from SF. Record and music time! Good times!

8. That was no accident. It is my favorite RadioHead song and KID A album. I do have that Piano album too. It's greats.

JeffMo likes this.
  9. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

Absolutely fabulous Mazzy!!!!!!

10. Hard to see in these photos, but behind my desk are the Old Pers Madsen Rack-It CD drawers . I have a lot more CDs so I hope to eventually build long wall shelves inset into that long blank wall in the bottom photo. Then I can unpack the rest of my CD boxes.

11. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Now THAT's the ticket!

Mazzy likes this.
  12. YUP. More $$ for music.... Now that's dangerous....

Boomy likes this.
  13. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

Some recents:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    barfko, LedZep2, xilef regnu and 16 others like this.
  14. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

I love your "now playing" stand :)

15. The Trinity

Thanks! It's simple, but it enhances the tactile / visual experience that is such an important part of playing vinyl.

16. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Finally hooked up the second set of speakers along the windows and now have 2 listening spots. The klipsch and mcintosh speakers are pretty much opposites so it's kind of nice having the ability to choose. Definitely spending more time on the couch listening with the lady, but I just have to flip a chair around and I have a great solo listening spot for the klipsch set now.

17. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Michael, beautiful system and listening area....

Michael Ries likes this.
  18. bozburn

bozburn Forum Resident

19. The Trinity

A few from tonight. Me and Mrs Trinity kicking back over a fresh 40 pounder of Canadian Club, and lots of vinyl. One day I'll post a picture of her vinyl library, which is pretty impressive in and of itself. My brother Mazzy serves as inspiration for many of these photos. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    barfko, JUCO, highway chile and 15 others like this.
  20. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Is it just my imagination, or is the market for lava lamps as strong as ever?

21. timind

timind phorum rezident

Lovin the pics. What model is the Technics tt? I think I had the exact table back in the 80s.

22. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Compared to the great listening rooms most of you guys have, mine is pretty modest, bit I live in a flat and the listening room doubles as living room (or vice versa :) ). Nonetheless, sitting on my sofa, sipping a beer and listening to some old music on old gear, I feel quite good :)
    [​IMG]

SandAndGlass likes this.
  23. The Trinity

Thank-you! It's a SL3300. I have a selection of great turntables, most of which are far better than this one, but I love this table to bits, and use it as my daily driver. I bought it new in box at a garage sale about 17 years ago, and it was about 20 years old then. It's a real gem, and as mint as can be.

SandAndGlass and timind like this.
  24. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Is it me or is there a lot of unfortunate speaker placement in many of these system photos?

MartinR, Robert C, Ron P. and 3 others like this.
  25. WntrMute2

WntrMute2 Forum Resident

Well it must be really hard to get proper placement with all those curved walls and apparently circular rooms!

timztunz, Ron P. and timind like this.