Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. timind

timind phorum rezident

I worked for a company that sold/serviced bank equipment. We serviced machines using nixie tubes for the count display. Awesome.
    [​IMG]

You can still find these machines on ebay and at flea markets. I'll bet the tubes still work.

BigGame, SandAndGlass, JNTEX and 4 others like this.
  2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Sorry dude, but that made me laugh out loud.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  3. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I said, I have no freakin' idea how my father got a hold of it, I know it was mine originally, and yes, $75, I could have held on to it, I was saying how sometimes you need to let go of something and share the love.

She and I both thought it was worth much more than what $$'s changed hands, same with my sale of the Pilot A 1090-A console, I'll post old thread pics, man, I miss her!! My 1st!!

bluemooze likes this.
  4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Very well done. That looks like an ideal space for sharing your music with a group of people. Being able to clearly hear your system from the kitchen really improves ones quality of life.

5. james

james Summon The Queen

Thanks! Yeah, I used to have it in the sunroom off to the side. Having it in the main living area is a life upgrade for sure.

Jerry James, timztunz and Dennis0675 like this.
  6. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Fantastic room my friend. You are currently winning!

james likes this.
  7. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I was also but it’s well ventelated and the wood only gets warm. The records on display are thrift store finds but in good condition.

RDriftwood and Dennis0675 like this.
  8. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I agree with the kitchen thing. We have the benefit of hearing our rig everywhere...but it sounds really good in that area between the kitchen island and sink/counter area. It much bigger than it looks in this pic because of the fish eye lens but it's a full four burner with oven and cabinets.

[​IMG]

9. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

The kitchen really is the the hub of the house, throw a party and everyone winds up in the kitchen. My last house was a new build with an open floor plan. Much like this, all the good stuff was incorporated into one large space. The place I'm in now is 120 years old, the opposite of an open floor plan. There really is no listening to the stereo from another room while in the kitchen.

RDriftwood, PhilBiker and Mazzy like this.
  10. I'm into the combo room too. I know hard core audio freaks shutter with all our reflective surfaces (Fridge, stovetop, dishwasher, etc) but I love to live and listen in the same space and I do enjoy the sound. Very nice!:tiphat:

Not right for everyone but love being a member of this club :tiphat:

Eigenvector likes this.
  11. You could always add a layer of those spikey things to keep pigeons off of roof ledges

Ron P. and e.s. like this.
  12. james

james Summon The Queen

i still have to paint the wood topper on that. maybe paint some barbed wire so it doesn't look so brutal

dryce and Mazzy like this.
  13. james

james Summon The Queen

When I first refinished my basement, I was really excited to move the stereo down there. Less windows, carpeted...it had to sound better. And it did! But that lasted a few weeks until I was sick of being in the basement by myself

14. I feel exactly the same way.....

james likes this.
  15. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Yup - I had a bunch of family over just last night visiting from out of town. We had my Duke Ellington Pandora station playing on the streaming DVD player in the stereo (old picture it's slightly revised now):
    [​IMG]

With us listening in the kitchen:
    [​IMG]

In out house we have a 6-1/2" Proficient Audio single point stereo speaker in-ceiling in the kitchen and another in the dining room. Preamp output goes into the wall behind the stereo, down to the basement, then to a couple amps there which are controlled on/off by a wall switch for the kitchen / dining room zone. Not the best for "Critical listening" but awesome for having the Duke Ellington channel going when I have people visiting.

Shiver, cobbler, 33na3rd and 21 others like this.
  16. cadeallaw

cadeallaw Forum Resident

You are missing out... Cornwalls are freakin’ amazing

SandAndGlass and Dennis0675 like this.
  17. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I was actually contemplating yesterday how nice it would be to have my hifi in a shared-use room. Sometimes you just want good-sounding music to fill the room you're doing something else in.

Manimal, RDriftwood, trd and 2 others like this.
  18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

19. Sweet.

Ntotrar likes this.
  20. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

That’s like my perfect place. Awesome man:)

SandAndGlass and james like this.
  21. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

looks awesome man.

Ntotrar and Mazzy like this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

So fortunate to have this audio paradise. And it looks like you can maybe cook there also could this ...be .... overload..ing. Must..look away

PhilBiker likes this.
  23. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

There is this BIG Amana? super oven/convection stove thingy. Been used about half a dozen times since we moved in about 6 years ago. I know for sure it has not been used for at least two years...Ok three. But I do reset the clock twice a year for the time changes!....so....there's that.

Manimal and PhilBiker like this.
  24. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Me and my buddies would be cookin Gumbo gettin toe up and listening to very high quality jams...if we could. Love it.

Rickchick, action pact and Ron P. like this.
  25. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Shheezus, I'm in Love with that room!! I gotta say what a fantastic camera collection and photo's !! I understand the visual of the speaker and main gear rack (dedicated outlets and all). One critic, shift those lovely transducers more stage right, relocate the gear where the desk is. I'm really not dissin', love, Love that space, have you play with the big soundstage position?