Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. kdejonge

kdejonge Member

I quite like them but they didn't fit into the rest of our house so I chose the black ones.
    Yeah those are nice! but 4 times more then I spend now :) The dealer said the 7 series are quite popular but I didn't ask if they are broken in.
    I got a pretty good deal I think ($2.8k)

2. timztunz

timztunz "A Dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

You might get much better SQ if you can get your speakers 2-3 feet further out into the room, and with some toe in.

CowFish, CrazyCatz, PhilBiker and 5 others like this.
  3. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Forum Resident

Haha! Thanks, although it's going on twelfth night...!

4. Jerjo

Jerjo Well-Known Member

Ziggy and Tolkien - that's a great combination!

Manimal, Kristofa and Mazzy like this.
  5. George P

George P Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango

I also see you leave your grilles off. Do you leave them off 24/7? Any concern about dust?

Mazzy likes this.
  6. action pact

action pact ^^ Sandy Warner, "The Exotica Girl"

That's what she said!

avanti1960 likes this.
  7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Forum Resident

Now you're talking my language! Maybe you could go get the rest of them?

Manimal, Bananas&blow and kdejonge like this.
  8. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Never unwrapped the grill covers they are still in the box. No dust worries as I can gently dust them.

I had a set of CM 4s for 15 years. Never used the covers. But probably good to use them If young children are around. They love to stick their fingers into things.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. George P

Good to know. I have a nice ostrich feather duster I can use.

And the sound is definitely better with the grilles off. :edthumbs:

SandAndGlass and Mazzy like this.
  10. kdejonge

kdejonge Member

The focal does not have rear bass ports so the space behind it doesn't make much difference but yeah I would like to get a better listening position. Still negotiating with the missus, step 1 was to get them into the door :)

Micke Lindahl and CraigC like this.
  11. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

My speakers are 32” from the back wall to the speaker fronts but my rig is not in a dedicated listening room. It’s a living area and I’m good to compromise a bit in an all Around living situation. It’s wonderful for me.

kdejonge, e.s. and Eigenvector like this.
  12. JNTEX

JNTEX Well-Known Member

My sideboard is getting crowded...
    [​IMG]
    Rest of room, I need to move my desk back to my office...although this room has better light and music....I need to get some art for the wall behind and another wall...just keep loosing at auctions....that might be a good thing.

Now playing..."The World According to the Clash"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

arar, Cactus Bob, 4xoddic and 18 others like this.
  13. George P

:agree:

33.5" from the back wall to the speaker fronts for me, also in a living area. And a temporary tree obstruction (just one more week.)

[​IMG]

CowFish, arar, Cactus Bob and 16 others like this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman I prefer analog

What brand of chair is this. The brown one.

Dennis0675 and JNTEX like this.
  15. JNTEX

JNTEX Well-Known Member

All of that furnishings sans rug are stickley mission, the brown covered chair reclines, great for headphones (it's the Wife chair), although I prefer the Eastman chair next to it...firmer. Both of those chairs are recently made, they come in oak or cherry, few different stains and about a bazillion different fabrics or leathers. Made by hand and jig in NY.

If your in Boston or surrounds, there should be a dealer near there. Most of the stuff is made to order and takes a month or two (but worth it).

Products made by hand make me j*zz my pants.

Reclined photo....
    [​IMG]

Also a sofa in there....bonus points to anyone who can id whats in that hutch....

[​IMG]

arar, Aftermath, Jerjo and 4 others like this.
  16. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Well-Known Member

First entry into this thread after seeing everyone's great set-ups. This is how my gear is lined up in the living room of our townhouse. The 2x2 cube is solid hardwood and weighs a ton. I have a matching one also in the living room that just holds albums. Found them years ago and they happened to be the perfect side for records and gear while also fitting our decor esthetic. The couch is right next to this cube so I can easily reach the volume or quickly flip sides.

Speakers are on the other side of the room on 15' runs of cable. This works for our open living room/kitchen layout so music fills the whole space. If I'm doing serious listening or having a record night, I can easily move the speakers to make the couch the sweet spot.

Majority of my collection is downstairs in a record room with Ikea shelves. I keep the more commonly played or newer albums upstairs. Stacks below are waiting to be refiled after a long week of pulling music for everyday listening.

[​IMG]

arar, Aftermath, Cactus Bob and 36 others like this.
  17. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Phish msg

Happy New Years!

18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

To me this is “the” thread at the Hoff, and man it’s been turned up to eleven. Happy New Years you lucky ears:)

Bananas&blow, Mazzy, SirMarc and 4 others like this.
  19. Mike-48

Mike-48 Forum Resident

A recording session in my recently reconfigured audio room (used mainly for listening). Playback gear shown: Janszen Valentina speakers (1 of 2 visible, at right), JL Audio F112 subs (1 of 2 partly visible, at left), Bryston 4B3 amp (peeking out under gray diffuser). GIK soffit traps, GIK A6 Alpha traps, ASC half-round traps, and Vicoustic EPS diffuser. Also shown: two Rode NT-2A mics in near-Blumlein configuration. Musicians: Stephen Cohen, Michele Cheng, Hassan Estakhrian. [​IMG]

20. Xulio

Xulio Member

Need to show those Devore man. Love their look

21. timind

timind Forum Resident

This is one of those posts I wish I could like twice. :edthumbs:

PhilBiker, Kristofa, Manimal and 3 others like this.
  22. Jazzman53

Jazzman53 Member

Hi all. New member here from Savannah GA with first post. I mostly stream jazz from a Logitech Transporter into a Behringer DCX2496 crossover feeding Carver TFM-25 amps and homebuilt wire-stator hybrid ESL's and Ripol subs. Looking forward to chatting with you. Charlie

[​IMG]

CowFish, arar, Aftermath and 48 others like this.
  23. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Impressive

Manimal likes this.
  24. audiolab1

audiolab1 Active Member

Rookwood?

25. Jazzman53

Jazzman53 Member

Manimal and Claude Benshaul like this.