Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

I used Aluminum 8020 extrusions and brackets purchased from eBay. The shelves are just plywood.

4xoddic, timind and 33na3rd like this.
  2. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Thanks! I've heard great things about the 2235B as well.

I will definitely do as you recommend. :righton:

3. Daveheart

Daveheart Forum Resident

Here's a few shots of my main system. The room's not particularly large, but it's a dedicated listening room without distractions (except the guitar of course).

Since my rack is off to the side, this is about as much of a complete system shot as I can get.
    [​IMG]

Here's the main rack. BL-91 on top. Then I've got a Schiit Yggdrasil, a Denon DVD 3910, a Schiit Freya (gets interchanged with my Modwright SWL 9.0), and a Decware Zen Triode Phono and a DNA Sonnet. The Auralic Aries is off to the right.
    [​IMG]
    The star of the show is my Micro Seiki BL-91.
    [​IMG]

Here's a front shot. In the middle is the AHB2 and a small outlaw sub (designed and made for them by Hsu if I remember correctly).
    [​IMG]

rocnred, Dave, james and 39 others like this.
  4. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Yea, that is a really nice turntable and arm, looks in great shape too! One of the best belt drive tables of that period, good samples can go for $2000 to $3000 nowadays.

5. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

And I notice a Decware Zen Triode ZP3 phono stage on the bottom shelf, which looks something like this, up close.

[​IMG]

6. Daveheart

Daveheart Forum Resident

I actually picked it up not too long ago. For the shape it was in, it was a steal. There wasn't a thing I needed to fix.

That's right. I'm currently building a VTA PH-16 to attempt to replace it. I've got the boards assembled but am still working on the chassis (then final assembly/testing).

SandAndGlass and Davey like this.
  7. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Nice Hamer!

8. Daveheart

Daveheart Forum Resident

Thanks! I think I've had it for about 20 years now. I'm nowhere near the player I used to be though. I had a bad break on my 5th finger on my left hand that healed poorly and haven't been the same since. Part of me thinks I should just re-learn to play left-handed as I'm a lefty in the first place.

9. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

oops
    forget this post

10. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

I was fascinated by your Helmut Newton book, so I sought to procure one on Amazon. Unfortunately, I can't really swing $8400 (!) at the moment. Did yours come with the custom Philippe Starck stand?

11. Long story about the HN SUMO book and unfortunately I do not have the stand. I got this copy free. Has slight water damage.

I also have the small version. That’s still available I think.

12. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

Yeah, the small one is available (and reasonable) but the massive one is just so cool.

Mazzy likes this.
  13. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

My first ever dedicated listening space! Before this everything was done at the computer or with AV consumer gear.

[​IMG]

The new system includes:
    - Wharfedale Diamond 225 speakers
    - Sennheiser HD-650 headphones
    - Marantz PM8005 integrated amplifier
    - Marantz SA8005 SACD/CD player and USB DAC
    - Pro-Ject Debut III turntable with an Ortofon OM-5E cartridge (featuring a “Weird Al” table mat)
    - Puget Systems Windows 10 miniPC (in the bottom right cubbie for playing back FLAC/hi-res files from JRiver Media Center to the SA8005 DAC and controlling the wall-mounted display)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

What's the Tori Amos, with the keyboard thing? Is that a box set? CDs or Lps? I'm a big fan!

also.....don't think I didn't notice all you other great music!

AlanDistro likes this.
  15. AlanDistro

It's a 5 CD box set called "A Piano", it collects a ton of (but not all) b-sides, some previously unreleased songs and demos, and a few new mixes of older tracks (including all of Little Earthquakes alternate mix). You can find it here: Tori Amos - A Piano: The Collection

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    SandAndGlass, Ron P., 33na3rd and 2 others like this.
  16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

What do you have those speakers sitting on? I'm looking for an option to get my book shelves off the same surface as my table.

17. AlanDistro

They are rubber isolation feet I got from Amazon, they are made for isolating washers and dryers from shaking the ceiling when they're placed on the second floor of a house. They worked miracles for our second floor washer and dryer and were super cheap ($15 for a pack of four), so I figured they'd work for the speakers too. :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  18. Pete74

Pete74 Forum Resident

So here goes.... long time lurker of this thread, but it seems tonight I'm feeling brave enough to post. :)
    It's not too fancy or anything. Thanks to my wife, I got a big upgrade this year with the RP8/2m Bronze combo.
    [​IMG]
    Yamaha CA-610 & CD-S300, Tascam US-122mkii tucked away left of the amp, and the little red light on the bottom left is a raspberry pi w/hifi berry dac.
    [​IMG]

Speakers are KLH Model 6's. And seeing as guitars seem to be pretty common here I let a few sneak into the wider room shots...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

barfko, 16hz lover, rocnred and 70 others like this.
  19. Roycer

Roycer Forum Resident

I use to have a Yamaha ca-1010 nice amp...and very nice room

Moebius and Pete74 like this.
  20. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Nice setup! Like the Marantz 8005 series!

AlanDistro and PhilBiker like this.
  21. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Pete 74 you should get some stands for your speakers, you should notice a big improved getting them off the floor

PhilBiker and George P like this.
  22. Pete74

Pete74 Forum Resident

They are on stands.. just can't see them because there's a guitar amp in front. now that I look at the pics again tho you're right it's hard to tell. they're actually about 30" off the floor

PhilBiker likes this.
  23. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Love the instruments and wish I played. Is that a Dobrato?

PhilBiker and Pete74 like this.
  24. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Lo
    Love the room!!

Dennis0675, PhilBiker and Pete74 like this.
  25. Pete74

Pete74 Forum Resident

Thanks! It's a National. (similar concept to what people know as a dobro, but more blues, less bluegrass/country sounding)

Crowes72, Subvet and PhilBiker like this.