Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

I think it's a Ford Thames 800 van.

[​IMG]

The Transit began production in 1965. The licence plate of the maths van in the photograph indicates a date prior to 1963. You can see a plate saying "Thames" just above the licence plate.

And yes, the Transit is still in production today, one of the world's great vehicles.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    CowFish, Cactus Bob, RGBARGEE and 4 others like this.
  2. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

Couldn't keep y'all waiting. Apologize for the stock photo (and I don't have the mentioned upgrades), but you get the idea. iPod Video 5th Gen Black Classic 128GB SSD Upgrade Wolfson DAC 80GB 120GB 160GB

I really, really, like this thread. But I'm not in y'alls league. (Not a problem) Anyone with really high end headphone amps/dacs/iems willing to let them go for cheap, let me know....and I'll repost.

Keep the great photos coming!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    billnunan and PhilBiker like this.
  3. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

What's the cable in the little package at the top left?

jtw likes this.
  4. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

No apologies are necessary and no judgements on anyone's gear. All it takes to succeed here is a love of music and respect of others. Enjoy the music, no matter what kind of package it comes in.

5. p147

p147 Forum Resident

Finally after 4 months of packing, moving, refurbishing, unpacking and finally setting up both his and hers music room :).
    The wife's is the Yamaha Clavinova mini-grand. and mine is the hi-fi.

The Wife's.

[​IMG]

Mine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turntable - Pioneer PL-90. Cartridge - Kiseki Purple Heart. CD Player- Pioneer PD-91. Cassette Player- Pioneer CT-91a. Pre-Amp - Pioneer C-73 Ref. Power Amp - Pioneer M-73 Ref. Tuner- Pioneer F-91.
    Speakers - Pioneer S-2EX standmounts

Dred, JUCO, Jay hartman and 52 others like this.
  6. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment for me.

CowFish, Bananas&blow and George P like this.
  7. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll give it a shot.

8. DPM

DPM Senior Member

:thumbsup:
    I spy with my open eye a three-headed musical beast capable of bone crunching progressive rock mayhem.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PhilBiker, beowulf and slovell like this.
  9. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

:evil::hide:

10. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

I believe the PMC is the same one I auditioned in dealer's treated room many years ago. The demo music was Diana Krall with just double bass. It was like both were in the room with me. Very impressed!

11. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Beautiful both! No doubt about what live piano sounds like there! Impressive.

12. timind

timind phorum rezident

I use a 5th gen ipod in my headphone setup. I put a new battery and two 256gb sd cards (512gb) in mine. Love the thing with nothing but AIFFs loaded to it. Wouldn't make much of a pic though.

SandAndGlass, Dennis0675 and sacsongs like this.
  13. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

They call it a 'trip wire'. Not sure why it does.

14. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

15. HankM

HankM Senior Member

My Dad recently just bought a PL-90 from Japan. It is a beast. Nice Elite setup you got there!

16. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Really lovely....all of it!
    My wife also plays....and on a Yamaha Clavinova (upright) too.
    ....in the same room as our very vintage living room system....nice combo me thinks!!

Enjoy!!

p147 and PhilBiker like this.
  17. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

It's not all that fancy...but it works really well for me.

A friend of mine is moving to Vietnam this summer and gave me his Expedit 5x5. So a lot more capacity...probably will last me the rest of my life.

[​IMG]

Turntable, Kyhl, arar and 22 others like this.
  18. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

I'm slow. I don't get it. But I have another question. Is the blue stuff under the speakers for isolation, or to protect the floor, or did you go through a placement procedure and mark it in case you, or someone else had to move the speakers?

19. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Ah, that Nilsson tune refers to a trip wire.

The speaker stands do have isolation feet, but the blue tape is to mark the position. Recently I've been monitoring pink noise in real time and working with the positioning to minimize room issues.

CowFish, PhilBiker and jtw like this.
  20. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

Right on! I used to spend so much time placing speakers, and I could swear someone was moving them while vacuuming or something.

21. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

Like to see all together Pioneer Elite M series.
    Well done Sir.

CowFish likes this.
  22. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Paging @MacGyver ! ! !

Great setup.

Bob_in_OKC likes this.
  23. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Yes, if you scroll you'll find plenty of modest rooms in this thread, including mine!

Augustus McRae, LeeVing and SirMarc like this.
  24. My local Hawthorne stereo guy delivered and installed a new Rega Aria stage and Ania MC cart today on my new demo RP8.

Changed out from an old Music Fidelity X-LPS stage and Exact.

Big difference already. Wow. He said it would take 100 hours to really warm up.

I’ll never go back to an MM. Huge improvement.

Excited.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

25. Eigenvector

Eigenvector Forum Resident

You’re determined to make me broke, aren’t you? :winkgrin:

Funny, my local dealer has a demo RP10 for a great price and I keep telling myself I don’t need it, it’s overkill. Then you post this......

Seroiusly, though, I’m glad you’re loving all of your recent turntable and cartridge upgrades. I’m seriously jealous!

timztunz likes this.