Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] Another shot of the box. Tore up a beloved book to make it but.. what the heck.

2. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I thought his wife pulled a practical joke and nailed all his stuff to the ceiling. But your point makes more sense.

3. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Browsing my local Best Buy today... just thinkin'...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dred, 16hz lover, Rickchick and 18 others like this.
  4. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

GO FOR IT!!
    At least, the integrated amp.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  5. I have the BW 702s in white. One up from the tower shown here. But what's up with that ugly two teired dustcover????

PhilBiker, ukrules and SirMarc like this.
  6. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Sorry, they have McIntosh gear at BestBuy in the US? Canada’s Best Buy has nothing but dusty trash. Wow.

apesfan, Tim 2, PhilBiker and 2 others like this.
  7. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Probably the "Magnolia store" inside BB

clhboa and PhilBiker like this.
  8. It's in the Magnolia speciality shops inside some of the classier Best Buys. Or the high rent shops :tiphat:

9. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

The top shot makes it look like you are conducting!

Encore, basie-fan, billnunan and 2 others like this.
  10. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Forget the music, lets talk about -Knob Creek-. :cheers:

11. talkingh

talkingh Vibes Controller

so annoying that amp in the uk is nearly $9000...i would get it tomorrow if i was us based
    might have to try smuggle on back

billnunan and andybeau like this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

13. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I like natural sounds on wood floors.

Crimson Witch, Mazzy and Manimal like this.
  14. Steve0

Steve0 Audio Banana

what an inviting space, mega like !

Dennis0675, SandAndGlass and Manimal like this.
  15. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Diggin' the record stands (plural)!!!!

Manimal likes this.
  16. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

+1...where did you find those?

Manimal and cat9 like this.
  17. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

How I lust after a pair of 802's. I want them. I need them. I dream of them. I have no space for them. My 804's are plenty good. 802's, get them I must!

But maybe 802s are for scotch drinkers and 804's are for us bourbon drinkers.

alan967tiger, Mazzy, Manimal and 2 others like this.
  18. Old Audiophool

Old Audiophool Forum Resident

Interesting tweeters on top of the speakers.

19. George P

George P Notable Member

And maybe 704 S2s are for Zevia drinkers.

[​IMG]

winston1156, Shiver, BigGame and 13 others like this.
  20. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

There’s a thrift/antique store near me, the kind people rent their own booths and I find them there. I’ve found three there for 18 to 20 bucks each. I told one vendor I would probably buy all he can find:)

cat9, SandAndGlass and Madness like this.
  21. Dougr33

Dougr33 Forum Resident

There's a bad habit to get into! (placement of can, not the drinking of it).

22. George P

George P Notable Member

Indeed. I only did it for the pic, and only with a room temperature can.

Funny story, a number of years ago a girl I was dating put a sweaty cold Starbucks cup on top of my speaker. I immediately took it off and asked her not to put it there. She didn't understand why I would ask this and told me so. Now, I knew this already for other reasons, but if I hadn't, then right then and there I would know that she wasn't the one.

23. Dougr33

Dougr33 Forum Resident

Early warning signs are the best!

George P likes this.
  24. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

**Shudder**

Gorgeous speakers.

Donniej and George P like this.
  25. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Spending this kind of money there is so much to consider. My partner saw me ogling this stuff and reminded me there might be some money from the expense budget left over at the end of the year and that's all I needed to hear. I can't get it out of my head and the thought of spending nearly what we paid for my Honda fit has me in fits. So I think I've taken the logical approach and tried to rationalize every expense. I nixed the CD player and instead looked at the MCT500 SACD/CD transport so I wouldn't let the MA5300 amps DAC go to waste. Then I started looking at SACD catalogs at online vendors to see what' really out there and my overall impression is that compared to vinyl or CD there really isn't a lot and SACD can be expensive, more than vinyl that is. Since I'm not really into CDs that much can't justify the expense of a transport. Then I started looking at the MT2 turntable at $4000 and examined what you get for that price which is a turntable loosely based on one of Clearaudio's middle of the road decks outfitted with a lower priced high output moving coil (about $400) which for me would require an immediate upgrade, I'm thinking a Clearaudio Maestro V2 Ebony ($1300) a moving magnet that would be inn keeping the th MM phono section of the MA5300. Then I started looking at what I could buy for $4000 in Clearaudio turntables and found the Concept Wood with Satisfy Carbon tonearm and Maestro and even with the optional dustcover would be well below the $4000. Then the speakers are a big unknown without hearing them and knowing what they would do in my listening room I've decided since I like what I have already I'll stick with them, at least for the foreseeable future. So I'm left to continue considering the amp and quite possibly the Concept Wood outfitted as described and keeping the whole thing under 10 grand. I'm still having a hard time. My current system sounds pretty darn good and everything works perfectly but now I've got a bug in my ear. At least I haven't auditioned anything and I'll have to wait till the end of the year to see what's actually left in the budget.