Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Very nice find I bet it sounds sweet! Blue vinyl...…. maybe a Tom Petty - RSD?

2. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Did some rearranging and gear upgrading. Here's my current setup...

[​IMG]

3. Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith Forum Resident

@AlanDistro nice setup - what's the frame on the right side of the photo holding?

PhilBiker and AlanDistro like this.
  4. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Had these speakers BW 802D the first series. I sold them because they were giving my amps headaches. After conversations with 3-4 big wigs the agreed reason was that this BW ohm swings go below 2.5 ohms even at normal volumes. Whatever. I liked them but it had to go, Classe, Musical Fidelity, Bat amps were blowing, yes tube blue explosions.
    The sound on BWs I liked but they are a dry sound and I loved my Matrix 3 BW that were the series just before this.
    Good luck they are fine, when they behave, just kidding, John M.

Jimi Floyd likes this.
  5. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

All of you thankyou. It was Fathers day and I had no time to do anything, I slept late. I will try everything again soon damn I hate this, I sound like an idiot, John M.

SandAndGlass and Manimal like this.
  6. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Very nice but is it me or that projector is pointing upwards, even higher than the screen?

7. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Part of my rare coin collection. It's a display case that allows me to show off a few of the graded coins I own. Every coin in that set depicts a musical element, either a composer, a musical instrument, or music notation. I entered the set into the NGC registry and won their "Most Creative Set" award in 2012. You can view photos I took of all the coins in that set here: The Symphony Set (Lastufka Collection) - Custom Set Gallery (click on each image there to enlarge it)

artfromtex, JeffMo, defmoot and 8 others like this.
  8. Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith Forum Resident

Very cool - it looks like a nice way to display your collection

AlanDistro likes this.
  9. MidnightCity

MidnightCity Forum Resident

Thanks! It's an ORG reissue of Nirvana's Nevermind.

PhilBiker and Donniej like this.
  10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Your good! Happy Father’s Day!

apesfan likes this.
  11. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

It does look like it is pointing incorrectly, but it is all lined up. I’ve tried and tried to figure out why it looks wonky. So I’m not sure why it works that way, but it does!

Edit: Now that I think about it: It could be that it is mounted to a part of the ceiling that is lower than the other part of the ceiling. It’s mounted on a little duct work drop down that’s about 2 feet lower than the rest of the ceiling.

12. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Must be the angle of the photo and the lens on the camera, it just looked odd at first glance and I thought you must be overcompensating with the projector adjustments to counter that upwards angle.

13. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

[​IMG]it sort of worked by dragging from imgur.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

You are right 100%. Mine are the 800D2 model and unless driven by solid state solid watts by Krell, D'agostino, Classé, Pass Labs and few others they sound sterile. Tubes are not an option, and also a SS MA-6900 McIntosh integrated I had when I bought them could not drive their load properly, though the same amp I heard driving as a master any other speaker. I am pretty sure they would like 4x the power I am feeding them with now, but I would be forced to check the seismic rating of my building's structure then.

BigGame, apesfan and SirMarc like this.
  15. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Once you upload the picture to imgur, just click on it and then click the BBCode Copy button on the lower right, then paste it in your post ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  16. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Found and bought a very first pressing of "Per Un Amico", see the 11/72 date bottom left. Nice copy, a reasonable number of clics and pops.

[​IMG]

This record sounds exceptional and, yes, it is bass heavy. Hear for yourself a short needledrop, you can also download the 24/96 file from the same page.

17. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Sounds a little hot when the music kicks in, but the acoustic guitars and tom hits sound much nicer than the CD I have. Damn man, your gonna make me spend money on this lol

SandAndGlass, Manimal and Jimi Floyd like this.
  18. ccarty

ccarty Hyperactive!

Love the mozart225!

PhilBiker, ermylaw and Dennis0675 like this.
  19. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Thanks!

That guy sure did put out a lot of albums.

SandAndGlass and PhilBiker like this.
  20. Drewan77

Drewan77 Forum Resident

Update to pics I posted a year ago - new acoustic panels added at wall/ceiling 1st reflection points. Improvements to already great image clarity.[​IMG]

Ceiling panels mounted to lightweight bamboo frame using hook/eye to ceiling. Existing bass traps in lower corners - because the room has solid walls/floor, traps in upper corners make music too sterile & reduce reverb to zero - bass is already 'perfect' anyway.

[​IMG]

...wife assisted with mirror reflections but both too old for(e) play during ceiling measurements & 'mounting' :yikes:

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I gotta say, those stands are pretty cool.

Manimal likes this.
  22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Potential bad mix, but that hasn't stopped me for the last 45 years. Come to think of it, the bad/expensive accidents happened while sober.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  23. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You need to drag a photo from your desktop and drop it into imgur.

Make sure that you have your profile set to private.

24. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

And you can kinda justify drunk accidents by the fun you had while doing it:)

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Insanely cool!

SandAndGlass likes this.