Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. MattG

MattG Forum Resident

Yes, it does. And it never occurred to me to try that out, maybe I’ll give it a shot.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 District Champ

Parasond makes an external phono that many people highly regard. I've not heard it but based on their reputation I'd bet your internal is as good or better than the schiit.

3. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Love my Rega system!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RDriftwood, Dave, Rickchick and 38 others like this.
  4. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Very nice system. I used to have a Rega P6, and I currently have a Parasound HINT and REL sub as well...I really like both. Have you ever tried placing your sub in the corner at an angle? I believe this is what they advise to get the most linear low frequency output.

Bananas&blow and MattG like this.
  5. MattG

MattG Forum Resident

Thanks! I just got the sub and hooked it up on Sunday, currently still futzing with levels & positioning.

jon9091 likes this.
  6. jon9091

It’s a great combo...very musical.

Bananas&blow and MattG like this.
  7. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I've had this setup for a while now, does me well. Smallest bedroom in the house, my work from home office, 3 metres x 2 metres so no need for massive speakers. The only recent add was a secondhand Yamaha cassette desk for £35 from ebay. I want to upgrade my turntable as it doesn't have a 45rpm selector, manual belt change which i refuse to do in case of damaging the setup. The cd shelves have seen better days. Some of the cd's supporting the weight of the shelves above, But overall very happy with what i have.

Always room for improvement though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Almost Simon

9. Dennis0675

Very cool office rig. I have a system with the speakers on the same surface as a turntable and I recently put some isolation blocks under the speaker and it reduced the vibration to the table.

RDriftwood and Almost Simon like this.
  10. Dennis0675

Wow! You might need another shelf in the near future.

11. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

"office" :)

Almost Simon likes this.
  12. Almost Simon

I can't say i've really had any issues with vibration but its one i will look into. In an ideal world id have bigger speakers down the side of the Deconomix storage but any spare space is taken by box sets.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  13. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

That was a good article. Thanks for sharing!

14. Dennis0675

If there isn’t a problem you don’t need a solution. In my case it helped when I was playing records at a louder volume.

RDriftwood and Almost Simon like this.
  15. Almost Simon

I have to do the cull of cds quite often. I have ended up boxing and putting in the loft my old cds that get upgraded/remastered rather than trading them for peanuts, Would rather give to my kids or to friends, and learning what we know from those who traded their vinyl in the 90's (I kept mine) im loathe to trade in too much.

Bluzuner, wgb113, Kyhl and 3 others like this.
  16. jon9091

Very cool! Love the Bob Welch/Danny Kirwan era Fleetwood Mac poster...not something you see often.

Don Parkhurst and Kristofa like this.
  17. Almost Simon

Thanks! Its a promo poster for Future Games, has the album cover in the bottom right hand corner. Bought it off a nice gentleman on this site about half a dozen years back. Very proud to have a poster on my wall that's a year older than me, also good to have it away out of any sunlight damage.

Forgot to mention I love that album. Photo taken outside the gate to their home, Benifold in Hampshire, England back in '71.

jon9091 likes this.
  18. Lyfsux

Lyfsux Forum Resident

Lol, SandandGlass. My only complaint was how the car used to have a problem, I noticed a slight gravitational pull every time I approached a gas station! Ahhh the things we do for the ladies! Thanks very much for your help getting me started!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  19. Tullman

Tullman I prefer analog

Hard to forget when the badge is right in front of you.:p

jon9091 likes this.
  20. Kristofa

Kristofa I dream of wires

I love staring at CD walls and trying to find band “veins.”

21. UnityCoupled

UnityCoupled Forum Resident

I've lurked around the forum for some time and have along the way picked up a lot of valuable knowledge from its members. Until now I've been hesitant to make an account or post, as I felt intimidated by the multitude of gorgeous $50K-and-up systems around here, but heck- I figure I'll pop in and say hello anyway.

I'm an electronics tech, musician, and of course a music lover, and was very fortunate to inherit my grandfather's old system, which I've restored and upgraded myself over the past several years. The details are in my profile, but here's some pics (forgive the yesteryear's android quality images)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Music on this system (at least the well-engineered stuff) is sensational, and I end up getting sucked in for long listening sessions... but I confess with the A7's near-field the sweet spot is very narrow!

Still on my to do list: furniture (we just moved in recently), room treatment, and building a cabinet for the Scott.

Cheers!

22. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Welcome Dave,

Your grandfather had excellent taste. Glad to see that you also have excellent taste in speakers. The MC-30 is a great match for the A7's.

Here are one of my pairs.

[​IMG]

23. UnityCoupled

UnityCoupled Forum Resident

Those look brilliant! Do I see 2404's filling in the top?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  24. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

Love love love it! Wonderful looking and, I'm confident, wonderful sounding.

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  25. thomand

thomand Forum Resident

Love it. Is this the RX3 or 5? I consider replacing my RS5 with RX5, but not sure if it is worth the money. Have never listened to the RX series.