Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. doak

doak Senior Member

Thanks.
    Didn’t realize I could just post direct links to pics!!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

So go ahead and give it a try and we can see if it is working for you!

3. doak

doak Senior Member

Done/Works/see above. :)

SandAndGlass likes this.
  4. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Awesome looking system and cool room treatments! Those speakers look tremendous I bet it sounds great! :righton:

doak and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Humble apologies for asking this after so long but what free or cheap image hosting sites are preferred for U.S members?
    TIA

6. SandAndGlass

I use Imgur.

7. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

+1

8. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Thanks guys!!

9. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Now this is how to fill out a system profile! +1 on the room treatments are they DIY?

johnnypaddock and doak like this.
  10. doak

doak Senior Member

The dark maroon foam thingees on walls and ceiling, as well as the floor to ceiling bass traps in front corners are a commercial product.
    The colorful ones are semi-DIY made from beaded “tapestries” sourced from Tuesday Morning (i.e. inexpensive) plus commercially sourced beveled wood frames and 4 inch thick rock wool.

timind likes this.
  11. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict

The Turnberry GR's are sounding very good with the PrimaLuna. I was a little concerned that the PL might not be able to handle lower frequencies with authority but this is not the case. I have around 20 hrs on the Tannoy's as of tonight and they are sounding better with each listen. I just finished listening to Led Zeppelin II (double RL vinyl) and Bonzo's drums are rock solid.
    A good test to see if the PL could handle the Tannoy's for me was the 2nd track on the Counting Crows August And Everything After album, "Round Here". The bass drum at the beginning of the song sounds startlingly real.
    I'm loving them so far!

Mintsauce likes this.
  12. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Cool setup! That photo had me doing a double take (Is that a dollhouse or the real thing).

ultron9, SirMarc and Ham Sandwich like this.
  13. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Cheers for the reply, sounds very promising. It’s pretty daunting knowing where to start when stepping up so much, so this really helps.

Chazz likes this.
  14. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

I've used imgur but I prefer postimage.org.

psulioninks and DocBrown like this.
  15. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

[​IMG] The lounge I'm seated on is for listening to music, the lounge on the left is for TV viewing. The Vega Apollo CDP passes through a Yamaha Mixer to speakers via sub woofer. The main speakers can still function normally with the subbie switched 'off'. After much experimentation I found the best sound from the subbie was to place it facing across the room. When playing music with prominent bass, I have the subbie turned on (set at the 'normal' tone setting) with about 15% volume... I turn the 'low' setting on the mixer to -2 for the mains . The main speakers have excellent bass, however the subbie is a tad lower and especially gives Classical music a certain 'ambience' and 'presence'. It has a BASS BOOST as well as an EXTENDED LOW FREQ. setting which I'll probably never use .
    If you look above you'll see 2 tiny Bose cube speakers, there's another two above my head - the woofer box is in a corner. They're for my Onkyo Tuner/Amp for listening to FM radio. Minimum bass but adequate highs.. and spkrs in unobtrusive position.
    The room is fully carpeted with plenty of soft furnishings, possibly the only acoustic minus would be the Cathedral ceiling HOWEVER ... my bass isn't boomy and (when my wife is out) nothing is lost at high volume.
    Probably the tracks I play the LOUDEST is Led Zep's "NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE", BTO's "NOT FRAGILE" . Wings "LET ME ROLL IT TO YOU" and Thunderclap Newman's "SOMETHING IN THE AIR" (a surprisingly 'rich' 'warm' sounding song).

16hz lover, PhilBiker, Kyhl and 12 others like this.
  16. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Just for fun here is an interior pic of my Audio Note Dac-3 Signature. I sent some pics of it to Peter Q asking for advice on upgrading it, he said he was pretty sure it was the only totally original Dac-3 Sig out there and he wanted it for a possible AN museum he's contemplating. I'm just gonna get the caps upgraded anyway. :D

[​IMG]

17. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] Can’t wait for October! Come on Halloween!
    Intro to The Police’s Every little thing She does Is Magic reminds me of Halloween’s theme music by carpenter. Anyway come on.

barfko, Bananas&blow, arar and 19 others like this.
  18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] I dub him RICHARD!

19. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

20. SandAndGlass

:)
    If you are from the south, you gotta love Creedence.

Bananas&blow, action pact and Manimal like this.
  21. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Haha awesome!

BigGame and Manimal like this.
  22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Any more south and my feet are wet:)

vanye, timind, EVOLVIST and 1 other person like this.
  23. Carter DeVries

Carter DeVries Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I just upgraded from Wharfedale Denton 80th's to these glorious 2011 Harbeth Super HL5's last weekend. It's been a really fun week....
    Also, '77 Pioneer SX-950 sub'ing for my usual '78 Marantz 2285B which is out for service.

Dred, JUCO, Noel Patterson and 49 others like this.
  24. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

PERFECT!

LedZep2, BigGame, basie-fan and 3 others like this.
  25. Carter DeVries

Carter DeVries Forum Resident

Thank you....very much

Manimal likes this.