Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

I'm a little bit curious how you have this wired?

2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Has to be another amp in the furniture

3. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Further evidence that Scandinavians have the best design sensibility!

Dan C, Manimal, PlateMail and 2 others like this.
  4. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

I thought it was likely pre outs but that makes front left right be tube amp. And what I assumed to be surrounds you only showing 3.1 but I would guess you have more. Would be to be solid state. And I was curious how those work together in a system just as far as the sound characteristics of those two speakers would be vastly different?

5. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

NICE!
    The “ pro level” Sony decks are great machines.

Listening to John Barry on my PCM R500 as I type this.

trd likes this.
  6. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

Beautiful!!!

7. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

I have been getting advice from this forum for years, and finally signed up! Seem like fantastic, knowledgeable people. Absolutely fantastic systems in this thread, thought i'd show mine as well. A very small, simple system that I absolutely love! Seems the quest never ends though...
    ProJect MaiA Integrated, ProJect Elemental TT, Teac transport, Cambridge Audio DAC, Focal Chorus 706. Monster cables for now, Canare 4S11 coming in a couple days.
    [​IMG]

8. Noel Patterson

9. Noel Patterson

10. Sterling1

Sterling1 Forum Resident

Do you have an electronics service center in your neighborhood to service and repair your DAT Recorder? There are none in my area. The last time I had to have one of mine serviced was back in 2010, when its time-code location function stopped working. Sony Pro in LA fixed it for a flat rate of $950. Their policy was to do whatever necessary with parts and boards on hand to get the unit up to spec. Now, I can't even get those folks to answer calls or emails. The reason I've been calling is one of my recorders needs to warm up for about an hour before it will playback a tape without the Bad Cond. LED coming on along with tremendous distortion. Bad Cond. usually is about bad tape; but, in my case, it appears to be about bad caps, bad solder, and/or hardened grease. I an not knowledgeable or skilled enough to repair it myself. Back in the late 1990's I did install optional boards which permitted my units to sync to the Sony RM-D 7200 Digital Editor and that really made me anxious. At any rate if you know of a service center please advise, and thanks. BTW, your unit is awesome. Did you get it for post production work or for personal pleasure? I bought my units for the most part to archive radio commercials produced by my advertising agency. Now, I use them to record from the internet, music for which there is no computer process to copy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  11. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

My DAT was purchased new in the fall of 1999.

It was used as the master deck (mixdown to stereo) from my DA38 8 track recorder in my home studio.

I dismantled the home studio about 10 years ago and kept the Sony for use the "tape deck" in my main system.

It continues to work well in my system. Not sure of service centers in Denver as I never had to take it in for repair.

Sterling1 likes this.
  12. bullmkt3

bullmkt3 Forum Resident

I love the Super Reverb (ankle breaker). I sold my 65 Super Reverb to a harmonica player. I would love to see the rest of bands faces when he brings it to practice.

action pact likes this.
  13. mongo

mongo Senior Member

I not a TT guy anymore but that Thorens is beautiful.
    Noticed that you're using the updated 301 cartridge that still sits in my 1980 Denon DD TT.
    Nice

Manimal likes this.
  14. irender

irender Forum Resident

Back in the 80's SWBO101 was the license plate number on my car. My girlfriend on our first date noticed it and knew what it meant. She is now my wife of 27 years.

15. Nice. American version only.

In the 70s I knew so many album catalogue numbers by heart working in record retail.

MisterNines and Dennis0675 like this.
  16. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

In the 70s I knew so many album catalogue numbers by heart working in record retail.

We had a record store in town that filed their stock by label and catalog numbers only. Drove me and everyone else nuts trying to find things

MisterNines likes this.
  17. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

During my last year at school, I got a weekend/holiday job in a book shop that opened up a record department due to impressing the owner that I could remember the labels and catalogue numbers of the current Top 40 U.K. singles and albums.
    A lot of brain cells have gone since then, alas.

Delta17, MisterNines, 33na3rd and 3 others like this.
  18. action pact

I recently switched from using Kimber 4TC to biwired Canare 4S11, and while the cost was lowered, the performance was vastly improved. That's a win-win!

MisterNines and Noel Patterson like this.
  19. action pact

Gimme a quick answer: What's ST-2442?

MisterNines likes this.
  20. Beatles Capitol stereo rubber soul. But I no longer can rattle them all off. :tiphat:

Kyhl, Donniej, MisterNines and 2 others like this.
  21. Noel Patterson

well i just became a cable believer! I had 15 year old Monster speaker wire hooked up, received my Canare this morning. Immediately can hear the bottom tighten up, and an annoying lower midrange peak greatly cleaned up, as well as more air and definition in the highs. Can't believe what a difference. Was somewhat skeptical about cable differences in the past, but no more!

action pact likes this.
  22. I’ve eyeballed the Canare bi wires myself. My amp only accepts bare wire though. Would I have to hack them up to make them work?

23. Noel Patterson

I didnt make my cables, i bought them terminated already, so not really sure. Perhaps someone who has worked with this cable can chime in?

24. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Let’s not talk about cables here, it gets weird.

25. mongo

mongo Senior Member

I've used the Canare 4s11 extensively.
    Very nice cables.
    They are widely available in bulk online so you can use them w\o termination.

Now that wasn't too weird was it Dennis? :)