Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

^
    |
    |

What a nice offer Eduardo! A good citizen....

timztunz likes this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I work for gear, and beer! :D

Dr. Metal MD and timztunz like this.
  3. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident

Is that Tame Impala on the turntable?

4. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Nice to see more SAE gear. I used to take my SAE power amp for granted (Mark IIIA). I mean, it's "old". Then I started looking for it's "replacement"; something with comparable specs, dual mono design and same sonic "balls". In so doing, I gained a lot of respect for what I have. I may "swap boxes" every now and then; but, I'm no longer contemplating passing it on.

Bhob and Ron P. like this.
  5. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

Cheers! No, it's a purple pressing of the album Parallax II from the progressive metal band "Between the Buried and Me".

I inherited my SAE gear. I love the amp. I needed to get a headphone amp to fully power my Hifiman 400i's because the SAE power amp wasn't doing the trick, but that amp makes my Bose tower speakers sing with ease. It's a hog of a power amp and I feel lucky to have it. The tuner is great. I used to use the premp that I have, too, but I found that I liked the phono stage of my NAD 3020 better. The great thing about the SAE TWO premp is that it also have moving coil capabilities, so when I move up to a MC cart and don't have an upgraded premp, I can just use that!

33na3rd likes this.
  6. Bingo on the insulation over sheetrock and also the curtains, which is exactly what I plan on doing.

1. Curtains behind the audio gear.
    2. Left side is a full wall of Ikea Kallax units filled with all of my vinyl.
    3. Right side is a wall of boxes that will be covered with curtains
    4. Back Wall behind couch is open, but I will hang curtains there as well.

I've had a bit of a setback, but I should be able to post some pics in a few weeks.

7. cwon

cwon Active Member

Tell us how it sounds in addition to posting pics.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  8. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Move back. :agree:

Eduardo Denaro likes this.
  9. My situation is only temporary. Maybe a year, perhaps 2 at most. Need to figure out how we want to finish the basement first.

10. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

My system No3 while I work
    AKG & Fiio E10 & MacBook Air
    [​IMG]

11. Dr. Metal MD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did the KAB wire upgrade with upgraded RCAs yesterday. Wow does it sure make a difference! It puts this Technics into another league altogether. Highly recommend doing or getting this upgrade done for you. I also put heat shrink tubing on the tonearm. Loving the sound! I'm going to eventually put together a 'how to thread' to add to the information already out there on how to do this yourself.

12. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I've often wondered the amount of improvement this would make to my 1210 M5G which already has upgraded tonearm wiring. I bought it from KAB about 6 years ago and had the fluid damper installed but when I asked him about replacing the tonearm wiring he was of the opinion that it might not be that much difference for the M5G. My only complaint is the built-in RCA cables (something Technics should have ditched years ago).

Also, where did you get the shrink tubing?

13. Dr. Metal MD

Since I installed the tonearm wiring AND RCAs at once, I cannot comment on how upgrading the RCAs will help. I assume it will, but I don't know if the marked improvements I'm hearing are from the upgraded tonearm wire, the RCAs, or both. It's a very easy fix to do yourself if you have a soldering iron. You can buy the upgraded RCAs pre-soldered to a PCB from KAB directly. I'd recommend you try it.

The heat shrink tubing I got was from some random case of them I got off Amazon. It worked great. I used a lighter to do it after I emptied the tube of any wires so that I didn't fry anything. I think it looks cool and helps! I also stuffed cotton into the tube that Kevin sent with the wire upgrades.

jlc76 likes this.
  14. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Here's some of my rubble.[​IMG]

oboogie, MaxxMaxx4, Shiver and 13 others like this.
  15. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Garage Rubble.[​IMG]

16. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

A past system ( rubble ), home made sub in center lol.

[​IMG]

oboogie, MaxxMaxx4, Shiver and 5 others like this.
  17. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident

Mega spikes on that sub!

PhilBiker and Tim 2 like this.
  18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Rega & Bose...

19. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

How do you perceive the sound is altered my the open are behind the right speaker. Looks like serious corner reinforcement.

How does this system compare to your MTM system with the custom sub?

20. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

hey nice Thick as a Brick- is that an original issue? Also, is that Genesis Wind and Wuthering on the left?

Ron P. and chuck rodgers like this.
  21. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Yes and yes!

chuck rodgers likes this.
  22. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

good stuff, those are two of my faves! there is a new issue of W&W , sounds pretty good. check out thick as a brick II if you haven't already.

chuck rodgers likes this.
  23. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

Tim - Audio Research and Ayre in the garage ?!?! You're a fortunate guy! :righton::righton:

- Buck

MaxxMaxx4 and Ron P. like this.
  24. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

The thick in the picture is an original in G/VG condition, I also have a new copy that is pristine. The Wind is new but I have two vintage that are also VG. Haven't tried thick II. I do have a good slice of Tull on vinyl some of it in good and some in poor condition.

Ron P. and chuck rodgers like this.
  25. subframe

subframe Forum Resident

Where do you work??? Looks fun.