Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident

This is what I mean. This fellas room looks like an feature from Better Homes and Gardens. :D

My Shed looks like a feature from Man Cave Monthly.

2. CARPEYOLO

CARPEYOLO Forum Resident

Your set up is all business. Rock on.

ClassicRockTragic likes this.
  3. moops

moops Senior Member

Has "root" gone global ?

4. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Yes.
    Makes a funny double entendre to say you've rooted your android tablet or phone. As much fun and a double entendre as us in the US have when saying we've got a fanny pack. I use a fanny pack when going on short hikes or short bike rides. I always make a point to call it a fanny pack rather than a bum bag. Cause I'm from the USA. Fanny.

moops, timztunz and ClassicRockTragic like this.
  5. moops

moops Senior Member

:laugh:
    Australia played England in cricket a couple of months ago and they have a player named Joe Root who also has a brother Billy Root in the squad. Never failed to get a chuckle in our house when either of them were mentioned. Fanny ..... Root ..... funny.

timztunz and ClassicRockTragic like this.
  6. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Gives "rooting" for the home team a new meaning...

moops and timztunz like this.
  7. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I would like to thank all of the participants of this thread since the "root" discussion began for providing my morning chuckle! :cheers:

utahusker, Long Live Analog and moops like this.
  8. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Holy brothertrucking sonofagun that is an impressive collection of Marshall amps.:eek: No wonder you have tinitis. The guitar player in my band his "big" amp is a Peavey Classic 30. Usually plays with a Champ Jr. Goodness gracious what the hell are you doing with those stadium ready amps....:ignore:

bluemooze and ClassicRockTragic like this.
  9. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Looks absolutely fine to me. Leave the showrooms to the retailers and enjoy your own space!

moops and ClassicRockTragic like this.
  10. ClassicRockTragic

Well.... I like them as a clean platform... you know, that hendrix clean sound and go from there and use few pedals in front of them. Having fat warm head room is not as ear taxing to me or the Audience I have found compared to small combos even though there is no real DB difference. I kinda do it **** about in that regard as opposed to the old days when I just ran them loud. Nowadays there are sound restrictions so you can't do it the old way anymore anyway, also I do not tour. Having said that, I don't even gig anymore. Its been a few years and I am happy not to be playing.

I sort of started collecting them years and years ago and they kinda mounted up.

But ironically, i think I really did my hearing playing Solo Acoustic and a drum machine in pubs 3 to 4 nights a week for a number of years. I used to put the PA behind me to avoid using foldback and I generally played Beer Barns (big pubs full of drunks) really loud... I used a 1500 watt PA.

black sheriff likes this.
  11. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

You need to throw some nice rugs down on that floor...

12. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Thank you?

I do wish I had a room / shed to turn into a man-cave but we live in a small WWII era house with no spare rooms. The upside of this is that we have music playing all the time and having it in the living / dining room means everybody gets to enjoy it.

I like the way you've got you're room set up.

ClassicRockTragic and coltlacey1 like this.
  13. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

I dig the industrial design too. I had a 47 Labs Shigaraki integrated amp that, givin it's power limitations, rocked like no other amp I've tried. Eventually sold it to try other gear, but I will probably buy one again (used) in the future.

inperson likes this.
  14. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

"your". Sigh.

15. "it's". Sigh. :)

16. ClassicRockTragic

I meant it.... I grabbed your post as an example of how nice some of the rooms were in this thread. Some people really have some beautiful homes.

My posts are meant to be jovial, I hope they read that way and not takes too seriously.

Waxxy likes this.
  17. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Not taken seriously at all. Either way, I've got pretty thick internet skin.

18. ClassicRockTragic

Nice. You have a thick skin AND a good house ;)

Waxxy likes this.
  19. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

[​IMG]

20. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

From yesterday's listening session....
    [​IMG]

21. ClassicRockTragic

Nice

timztunz likes this.
  22. thommo

thommo Senior Member

"Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!"

23. moops

moops Senior Member

Gotta love the Root !

24. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

First purchase in quite a while

Sansui P-M500 linear tracker. Looks cheap in pictures but is damn solid in person. Weighty, aluminium etc...
    Traded in a Debut Carbon for this and got some change too.
    I'm not a very tweaky guy, and I've always hated doing cartridge alignment. Just plopped this thing down, plugged it in and turned it on.
    No unpleasant mistracking-nasties.

Try to ignore my failed attempt at focusing a camera.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. David Ellis

David Ellis Forum Resident

Sonneteer have stopped making CD players full stop. Rema told me he couldn't get the quality of transport that he wanted and he wasn't prepared to lower his standards.