Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Cool. Let them know that Queens pawn two here in their opening move would result in a Kings pawn two if white was in right corner. Thus it alters the play of the game, having Queens opposing, (on their color), ...especially if ever using notation.

Not trying to be a jerk....trying to be helpful. Love the game and perhaps they could be our next Bobby, Josh or Irina.

2. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

Thanks. I'm guessing that they know that, my wife probably set up the board after cleaning - I'll have to chastise her when I get home :winkgrin:.
    I'm afraid their championship ship(!) has already sailed* - on to more teenage pursuits now. They still love the game, though.
    [​IMG]

LarryLegg, bluemooze, timind and 4 others like this.
  3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

OUTSTANDING!!!

I'll bet you're very proud!

.......they'd probably take me apart.

PhilBiker likes this.
  4. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Wow what a room! The last two pages of this thread are just overflowing with awesomeness.

Dublintown, PhilBiker and Mazzy like this.
  5. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

I love the clean look of your room. Can I ask where you got the rug?

6. timind

timind phorum rezident

Great looking space.

Love the sock monkey. There's a pink one sitting next to me.

7. ebro

ebro The Green Manalishi

Here is a quick video of my small entertainment center, I was listening to my Back in Black LP. Posted the video to Instagram the other day and hashtagged AC/DC and the album title and much to my delight the official AC/DC insta account liked it! Although I highly doubt Brian, Angus, or Cliff saw my video :laugh:.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. lonelysea

This guy- Irvin Trujillo, in Chimayo, NM.

9. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

Just bought this headphone stand to clamp onto my desk. I'll report back on how it works. Hopefully it's worth the $14 I spent.

[​IMG]

warp2600, black sheriff, Bhob and 8 others like this.
  10. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Thanks for this. I just went to Amazon to check it out...... and bought one.

PhilBiker likes this.
  11. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

You can go to the Santuario while you're there and get healed.

12. Dr. Metal MD

Cheers, Ron. Let me know what you think of yours when you get it. I have the Hifiman 400i cans, which have a headband part to them and are different in construction than many headphone bands. That clamp should work for them.
    [​IMG]

bluemooze likes this.
  13. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

14. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Those are great headphones. My AKGs are similar with a wide headband. This hanger should work well.

15. Dr. Metal MD

Yeah, I really love them. A bit bass-light at times, but they are my first open-backed ortho planar cans. All I used to use are close-backed, which is probably why I feel like the bass is a little lighter at times. I've always wanted to listen to AKGs. I'll upload a picture of the clamp 'in action' after I get it.

16. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

I tried but it did no good. My case of Gear Acquisition Syndrome is as bad as ever. Maybe I should go back and try again.

El Santuario de Chimayo »

Ron P. likes this.
  17. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes, the dreaded G.A.S. I too suffer.

18. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Nice shots. I have many of the Santuario and the Ranchos de Taos Church as well.

19. JMT

JMT Senior Member

Added a C2300 pre-amp so I ended up rearranging the whole listening room.

[​IMG]

ebro, royzak2000, Chris C and 17 others like this.
  20. lonelysea

Not to be a bummer, but longtime pastor of El Santuario de Chimayo, Rev. Roca, passed away this past Summer.

21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Oh, I am sorry to hear. I think I've met him.......years ago. My wife and I used to go there often, (great ride from Taos), but haven't been for awhile.

22. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

My room is very small, just 8 x 12.

Yesterday I decided to try some alternate placements instead of the usual speakers in front of the short wall. First I tried diagonal placement, which is often said to be preferable in small rooms. I didn't like it, I could hear the sound bouncing around, smearing the image, no matter where I placed my room treatment panels. (I tried it both ways, with the room corner centered and also with the speakers offset in relation to the corners.) Then I tried placing the speakers in front of the long wall, with lots of air on their sides. This produced some better image depth, but the bass sounded soft and smeared, and I couldn't get the subwoofer to integrate no matter where I placed it or how I dialed it in. The bass sounded best with the subwoofer to my right... but I could easily tell where the bass frequencies were coming from.

I eventually went back to where I started, with one important change. There was a fairly large digital piano in the room, along the short wall opposite the speakers, which my daughter no longer plays. I moved it out of the room entirely (it will be going down to the basement until we decide what to do with it), which opened up more space behind the listening chair.

I was thus able to position the speakers further apart than how they were originally, and push my listening chair back a little bit, while still maintaining the equilateral triangle necessary for decent imaging. My treatment panels do a good job of absorbing the wall reflections caused by having the speakers so close to the walls, so it sounds about as good as possible in a room this size.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  23. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Action- Just an onlooker's opinion here ( no offense intended), that just looks like the most questionable location for a sub....

barfko, PhilBiker and Millington like this.
  24. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I knew someone would point that out! :D

And you're not wrong... Fortunately the plinth for the TD-124 is so freakin' heavy, and I don't listen very loud (nor do I have the sub turned up very much), so it hasn't caused any audible problems.

I just placed my hand on the plinth, just to make sure, and I don't feel any vibrations.

PhilBiker likes this.
  25. Blue Nile Fan

Blue Nile Fan Forum Resident

Here is my question - how does the LD player work with this setup? How are you running it into the receiver or the projector? What kind of picture do you get? I sold my LD player as I could not get a good picture on my flat screen. Are you sending it through something to get a better picture?