Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 5

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

Bingo.

And I've updated my profile to reflect recent changes; thanks for noting.

2. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Always enjoy seeing a setup with more than one turntable!

That's dedication. (or madness!)

3. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes Forum Resident

Thanks Jeff. It's definitely madness. I' ve got more in the closet and garage. Another L-34, Technics SL-120, Pioneer PL-50, Kenwood KD-600 and a Lenco L-70 coming this week.

4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Rega P3 Turntable w/ Bellari VP129 Preamp
    [​IMG]
    Dynavector 10x5 Cartridge
    [​IMG]
    Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player
    [​IMG]
    PrimaLuna Prologue Three Preamp
    [​IMG]
    Dynaco MK III Monoblock Power Amps
    [​IMG]
    Klipsch Cornwall Speakers
    [​IMG]

5. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Beautiful setup! :thumbsup:

I love the Rega P3/Dynavector combo. :agree:

6. keanoking

keanoking Forum Resident

Nice, very nice. Mixture of classic and new age styles :righton:

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Very nice! Vinyl through tubes and then through Cornwalls is incredible. I bet older jazz music sound pretty amazing on your rig.

8. Synthfreek

A few jazz vinyl favorites that sound really good on my setup: Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd-Jazz Samba, Getz & Luiz Bonfa-Jazz Samba Encore! and Coltrane-Ballads. Sax, tubes & Klipsch Heritage is a winning combination.

9. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

The skis are from the town dump and returns to a local ski company. My son and I build furniture with them.

Attached Files:

10. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

One more. Not my design but we copied for personal use only.

Attached Files:

11. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

Another vote for vinyl, tubes and cornwalls (cornscalas).

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Good deal. I didn't check the profile.

13. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Thanks for the pictures, bliss53. Very cool furniture.

14. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

My Mc rig...

Attached Files:

15. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Very cool. Are you gonna be getting bigger speakers in the future?

16. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

No, I've always been kind of a British mini-monitor guy - I love the sound of these B&W 805s with the Mc, its a good combo. I have a sub too but its not often on...

17. motorcitydave

I see. I bet it is.

18. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

Great system, but awful speaker placement - why is the sub not on often - bet has to do with that placement. Since I went for quality mini speakers and sub I am sold and wouldn't wannna go back to 3 way stands, (unless real high quality of course). I found out that the distance between speakers with the sub smack dab in the middle can be as large as 5,50 meters or more, but that was the distance from one corner to the other on the long side of the wall - and still get an incredible believabl e 3 D sound stage- but te sub must be exactly in the center. I changed back to 3meters and the smaller wall for ambiente reasons.
    There is something a good subwoofer can do that no regular bass in a speaker can do = play every note as loud and clear as you want the bass guitar to sound AND (best of all) carries the room infomation in the lowest octave and that means you get the space of the recording in a manner you simply can't get otherwise - I start to dig why ome won't change their Martin Logans (subwoofer with electrostats) for nothing else in the world. The amp benefits from the additional power of the subwoofer's amp and the two ways sound more resolving than ever - perfect ! Couldn't be more happy, if it wasn't for the extra care that is needed to finetune the sub level for different kinds of music - a Reggae Dub track following by a 1960ies Rock song can be annoying - it is nice to hear the bass, but if the bass is by far the loudest instrument in the mix and shakes the walls it can get annyoing...LOL...
    For TV it is simply a must - the best investment I ever did - was a HiFi quality subwoofer. Bet in 10 years you won't find any new Stereo without a subwoofer - they're getting better and better, not the boom boxes of yore or those that shake the room for explosions or boom on one note . Fast, deep and tight while being warm and round - that's what i call bass !
    Is it too much hustle to adjust to different styles or is it just not well placed - that you don't use it more often ?

19. Synthfreek

I've also got a big *** SVS sub between my Cornwalls :)

20. motorcitydave

Cool. I bet that rocks.

21. Lontano

Lontano Forum Resident

Here's system as currently stands.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Fisico60

Fisico60 New Member

Let us be aware of further developments...

23. Fisico60

Fisico60 New Member

(I hope you do)

24. João

João Active Member

It's not smart to call it awful speaker placement, as you don't know the rest of the room.

My experience tells me that anything bigger than monitor speakers require treating the room modes, unless you want to put up with fatiguing bass. Also, speakers that are way more than 2 m apart result in loss of image coherence, no matter how you see them set up in audio shows. I'm sure the soundstage is larger than the distance between those speakers, as it should be with high fidelity gear properly set up.

25. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

Very nice looking stuff. I really like the wood grains. Just a thought. Have you tried removing the framed picture with glass between the speakers. I asking only because I had a big reflective surface between my speakers that really screwed up the sound. I noticed a big change when I threw a blanket over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.