Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

And if I understand correctly, this is a temporary rental home... on a different continent... I can't imagine bothering to put that kind of setup together, or to haul that large of a music collection overseas for a temporary assignment. I think I'd bring a large harddrive filled with lossless files, a nice DAC and a small but serviceable system. Or maybe I'd just bring my iPhone and nice pair of cans!
    :)

2. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

But then we wouldn't get to drool over these great pictures!

3. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

I've been on various assignments around the world for about the last 8 years, would be a tough life without a main system. It's always the first thing that gets packed and unpacked. :)

4. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

You, sir, are exceptionally committed... to your passion, and possibly to the asylum!
    :D

Just kidding, of course... I think it's pretty amazing, I wish more people had your level of dedication to the pursuit and enjoyment of music.

May I ask, what you do that takes you around the world?

5. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

As it would be for me as well. Then again you can fit my main system in a good size suitcase..:laugh:.

6. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

My travel system fits in a 20-inch roller bag:

Schiit Asgard
    Schiit Bifrost DAC
    Sennheiser HD600
    Dell Latitude d620
    Cradlepoint wireless router
    Squeezebox Touch

I am always in hotels but refuse to give up great sound or access to my music collection!

Oliver takes the 'travel system' concept to spectacular excess!

7. I don't know whether to be jealous or impressed or both. One heck of a room.

8. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Wow, that's a killer system! :cheers:

9. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Awesome! I can relate. :D

This is what I brought for a Thanksgiving through Christmas visit to the parents and brother. It all fit in my carry-on. Not shown in the picture is a Schiit Lyr that I bought while there. I flew home with more than I brought.

Do you fly with all that gear? TSA was suspicious of my Schiit. Got the bomb residue wipe-down and hand inspection both times I went through security. I even put the amps in their own tub like you do for laptops. Still they got pulled and reinspected.

[​IMG]

10. MilesSmiles

That's a great travel system, to be fair, I don't take mine on weekend trips. ;)

11. MilesSmiles

Very nice!

12. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

I do fly with this system often. And, like you reported, I get a lot of extra scrutiny.

You should have seen me going through security with my Singlepower MPX3! Vacuum tubes, can-shaped capacitors, and point-to-point wiring create a lot of heartburn for the TSA....

13. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

Nice indeed! I am jealous of your headphones.

14. MilesSmiles

I'm not worried about the extra scrutiny but am always afraid somebody would force me to check electronics in rather than taking them on board.

15. MilesSmiles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.