Post Your Cool Rock 'n' Roll Memorabilia, Autographs, Celeb. Photos, etc. Here!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

I got Bono to sign a copy of that photo above.....

Here is a photo of him holding it, someone was nice enough to send me a copy that they took.

My website of U2 photos

Attached Files:

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

My sons and me with Dr. Demento.

Attached Files:

3. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I've got a set list from a 1986 REM concert autographed by the four original members of the band. I used to do grunt work for their shows back in the day. All signed with great warmth and appreciation. . .except for Michael Stipe. :(

4. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Wed night... Donnie VanZant and myself at a show..

Attached Files:

5. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Sir I am in awe!

I used to listen to his show every Sunday night. (Rock 103.5 in Salt Lake City). Sadly I can't pick up his program in Honolulu.

6. MrMudPuppy

MrMudPuppy Forum Resident

Probably the piece of memorabilia that means most to me is Dave Mustaine's US flag guitar that he played on his last tour. It was the guitar that he used during the encore performance of Holy Wars... The Punishment Due.

7. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Flying V

Now that is cool!
    Enjoy!
    Norm

8. MrMudPuppy

MrMudPuppy Forum Resident

Thanks Norm. I never get an opportunity to show this off to anyone, so here's a close-up.

9. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

That is a very nice Flying V! I'd never dream of selling it off.

10. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

I actually went to school with Donny Osmond for one year (in the '60s), so I couldn't pass it up when I got to meet him at a greet and meet years later. He is the nicest guy!

Attached Files:

• do.jpg
      do.jpg
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

I am a HUGE David Grisman fan. Saw him in Boulder years ago and he signed every one of my CD booklets. Here's one you'll enjoy:

Attached Files:

• dg.jpg
      dg.jpg
      File size:
      41.1 KB
      Views:
  12. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

I love wind band music, especially when conducted by Frederick Fennell. Met him and he also signed every one of my CD booklets. I didn't even think to bring my LPs! :(

I don't know if you can see it in the scan, but this disc was pressed by "Technics" in Japan.

Attached Files:

• ff.jpg
      ff.jpg
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

Here is one of my Emmylou CDs. I didn't think about asking her to sign the disc. Note the pressing.

Attached Files:

• eh.jpg
      eh.jpg
      File size:
      49 KB
      Views:
  14. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Saw him play a few times at the local bars before he released this album where he dropped "Kid" from his name but I don't care. I'll alway call him Kid Jonny Lang.
    The picture is from the inner sleeve of the pre-release of this cd.

Attached Files:

• lang.jpg
      lang.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  15. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I found a stack of press release photos recently and this was in there. Nothing of value, but I really like it. My current avatar of Taj Mahal came from that stack also.

Attached Files:

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

self edited

17. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

edited

18. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yes and no. I think when you ask for someone's autograph, the catch should be you should write someone's name down. It's less likely you're going to sell it, right? More respect?

I always thought selling an item you had an artist take the time to do is just a teensy-bit scummy. However, this one paints that kind of picture because each one of those letters took 15-20 seconds EACH for him to do. He had to make rehersals (just to relax in wardrobe was all) but still, people were waiting for him to leave. Even people who didn't want him to.

I really felt like an ass asking, but he willingly did it. After watching the Ozbournes, I know now. He steadfastly respected the fans. Rare an artist does that.

Sure, I'd love to make some money. But the artist deserves respect. That's why this was my first and last ever autograph.

Celebrities are amazing people, but they're just doing their gig. I'd rather have coffee with someone than get an autograph and "proof". Too many people are "big fans" and it wears on some people. Most HATE promotional tours and book signings.

19. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

My only related item:

20. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

Some cool stuff showing up here!

I realized I've been ignoring the thread topic: not all of my stuff is R n' R. But I hope this is one our country music maven cbsolson will appreciate.

Attached Files:

• jb.jpg
      jb.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
  21. the 801

the 801 New Member

Moe Tucker was doing an in-store at Brass City Records, Waterbury CT a few years back...she was obviously irked when I asked her to autograph the booklet of this grey-area Italian CD...

22. the 801

the 801 New Member

Oh, yeah...the picture would be nice:

Attached Files:

23. the 801

the 801 New Member

Toad's Place, New Haven CT 1992 -- Richard Lloyd was kind enough to act as the intermediary for this complete set of Television signatures post-gig...

Attached Files:

• tv.jpg
      tv.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  24. the 801

the 801 New Member

Buzzcocks, anyone? 1989 The Livingroom, Providence RI -- first US show of the 'Telling Friends' reunion tour...

Attached Files:

25. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Man! I have that exact same CD autographed by Junior. I will post it this weekend. Amazing performer in concert. I told him he reminds me of Danny Gatton and he seemed sincerely flattered. Should be; the guy's amazing
    I am loving this thread~!
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.