Post Your Cool Rock 'n' Roll Memorabilia, Autographs, Celeb. Photos, etc. Here!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

And last but not least a wrist sweat band that I caught from Dave Murray from Iron Maiden.

Attached Files:

2. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I always thought this one was funny. "The Monkees" were playing at the Golden Banana (an infamous strip club in Peabody, MA) back in the '70's when they were doing the Dolenz, Jones, Boyce & Hart tour and my brother asked Davy Jones for an autograph to give to me. Apparently he thought I was a girl...

Attached Files:

3. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Met my favorite drummer during the 2001 Allstarr Band tour in NYC at a meet/greet. He was very nice, shook hands and exchanged pleasantries while signing.

Attached Files:

4. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Sorry above is so big but I'm struggling with my scanner.
    Anyway, in 1998 a friend of mine invited me to a function for the release of Imagination in NYC. Could not converse with him because he was so quiet and reserved but his lovely wife Melinda did all the talking for him. Regardless, he signed a few things for me which was great and was a tremendous honor to meet him.

Attached Files:

5. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

Last one. Went to this years Beatles con. Met Mark Hudson and spoke about Ringo's albums & the Hudson Brothers works and TV shows. My first con in about 4 years due to traveling, etc. If I can recommend those who get the chance later this year, go, as not only Mark but Donovan, Larry Kane, Dennis (You Know My Name Look Up the Number) O'Dell, Bruce Spizer, Andy Babiuk, Paul Saltzman and many more in Chicago Aug 15-17.
    Donovan and Mark perform by the way.
    Mark signed a promo 45 for me and the Ringorama cd.

Attached Files:

6. tradergoatee

tradergoatee Forum Resident

In 1980 I saw the Stageplay of THE ELEPHANT MAN (Before the movie was made) in Chicago.
    After the show while walking to our car we ran into David Bowie coming out the back door and we got him to sign our playbills.
    He was very classy, signed for everyone and was quite the personable sort.
    I since gave this item to a friend in Liverpool who let me crash at his house during a vacation.

A few weeks later we went to see it again with some friends who could not go the first time and after the show we waited around to see if Lightning would indeed strike twice.

Alas when the back door opened out stepped not DB but ROY ORBISON!

The most amazing part of this was that out of about 30-40 people in the crowd I was the only person who knew who he was!
    I mean sheesh..he had his all black w/ sunglasses thing going so it wasnt like he was incognito or anything.

So I followed him out of the crowd and near his car I asked."youre Roy Orbison are'nt you"?
    his answer.........
    Yup.
    I told him that I was a big fan (not the most original thing I Know) and he seemed quite pleased that anyone would care. Remember this was WAAAAY before Blue Velvet,Wilburys etc.

Anyway All I had for him to sign was the playbill from the show and...
    here it is.

Attached Files:

7. tradergoatee

tradergoatee Forum Resident

A few years ago when they blew up Market Square Arena in Indianapolis there was a smal but fervant movement to save it as it was the last venue Elvis Presley ever played live.

I saw Bruce Springsteen there on the Anniversary of EP's death and he did a version of Can't Help falling in love that had me close to tears with the hairs on my arm standing straight north!
    I also saw many basketball games there including one where Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller got into a punching match.
    Not to mention all the other shows I had seen there Cheap Trick,Blue Oyster Cult,Graham Parker,The Police,Paul McCartney,Public Image Lmtd, AC/DC (W/Bon Scott),ELO,Aerosmith,The Monkees + my very first concert as an adult (well 15,close enough) Kiss,Bob Seger and Artful Dodger and it was $5.50!

Anyway the sentimental folks lost the battle and the structure was brought to the ground in a most impressive fashion.
    A local TV studio put cameras at every angle and inside and the footage was quite breathtaking.
    The whole town was warned that the taking of momentos was STRICTLY VERBOTEN and the grounds were fenced off long before the actual implosion day.

But anyone who knows me will tell you that I do stupid stuff all the time if it gets me what I want and I wanted a piece of history!!!

So the day after it was brought down I wondered downtown parked my car and walked the perimeter of the building looking for my chance.

One of the cement stairwells was still standing and I found that no one could see me from the street if I ducked behind it.

This is of course the stupid part as it was no longer actually attached to the structure that had been holding it up and if it fell I most surely would not be typing this now.

And Oh Yea... I was trespassing on a posted site..like I said ..I want...brain stop.

Anyway I crawled under the fence next to the stairwell and gathered up a large ziplock bag of chunks.
    Then I got the hell out of dodge!!!

To this day I am the only person I know who did this and I still have about 10-15 chunks.

Anyone interested I'm willing to entertain some trades for a few of them.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.