Post your record collection pics

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zippy, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippy

zippy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi,

I thought i would start a thread because i would love to see pics of peoples record/cd collections. Hopefully i will be able to upload a picture of my small collection soon.

So any pics?

Crimson Witch likes this.
  2. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

SOUNDS FUN! And welcome to the forum. I'd like to post some pics of my collection, but I need to file away the dorky titles sitting around the room and pull out the Velvets, Big Star and Stooges LPs first so it looks much cooler. :shh:

:D

Paully, 3Dman and scott palmiter like this.
  3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Hallo,

Greetings from sunny Sydney. A big welcome to the forum from me too. I'd love to see other peoples collections as well - probably much more nicely stored than mine are (in boxes on the floor!). Maybe I'll upload and give everyone here a laff :)

4. jorgeluiz

jorgeluiz Forum Resident

no. i'm ashamed to show the mess around here. :)

5. newanvil

newanvil Member

I may have posted this before, but the call came in

Approx. 2,400 UK Apples, Blue Notes, Impulses, ECMs, tri-color Reprises and other assorted and sundry first pressings, hard-to-finds and secret loves. It's taken me 25 years and untold dollars, but I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with it.

Attached Files:

6. Wergeland

Wergeland Formerly spanishjohnny

Here's the cds. These shelves holds 2000 cds are completely full now.

[​IMG]

Closed doors:
    [​IMG]

Vinyl:
    [​IMG]
    There's another 50cm or so of vinyl to the left of the speaker.

7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

newanvil: That's a lot of records!!!

Wergeland: That's a lot of cds!!! nice to see you use jewel cases.

8. zippy

Some great collections so far. Im so jealous.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Im a big fan of music but only started collecting vinyl/cds 6 years ago when i was in college.I hopefully want to start to build a great music library , so its cool to see how people display their collections:righton:

9. Jazzis

Jazzis Forum Resident

Oh well here is a small portion of mine:

Attached Files:

10. zippy

I'm gobsmacked! i think thats the best CD collection i have ever ever ever seen:eek:

Tim 2 likes this.
  11. newanvil

newanvil Member

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself when I'm carting home another 20 or 30 from a record store--I already *have* a lot of records! Plus, my shelving units aren't expandable, which means that for every new record I put into the [main] collection, one has to go into storage somewhere. :cry:

12. Jazzis

Jazzis Forum Resident

It might not be the biggest (only about 30,000) but it is certainly the BEST IMHO :laugh:

You can actulally browse it here:

http://www.adambaruch.com/records.asp

Long Live Analog likes this.
  13. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Congratulations!!

14. leshafunk

leshafunk Forum Resident

may I 'borrow' your idea? this is about my size...

15. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

This is an older pic I shot when I first bought my Expedit a few years ago:

[​IMG]

That used to be my whole collection, now that's only A-P. :shake: The weight of all those albums actually cracked the floor in my living room. :yikes:

I had to move them out of the living room and find somewhere else to store them. They ended up in a spare bedroom for about a month:

[​IMG]

They covered the entire floor. :laugh: They are back in the Expedit where they belong, in a spare bedroom.

My CD collection:

[​IMG]

I bought that CD rack when I moved out of my parents house ten years ago. That was the first piece of furniture I bought. I bought it before I bought a couch, table, etc... :biglaugh: When I bought it, I thought it would take me forever to fill it. Now it holds about 3/4 of what I have. I have more on bookcases in another room.

I also have a few 45 cases (Platterpaks) that I started to collect. I need to find somewhere to display these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

joshm2286, DPM, ex_mixer and 7 others like this.
  16. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I think we had a similar thread in the hardware section, I posted a few pictures, but I really need to take some better ones, just a case of moving all the overspill, for now here's a single artist/producer.

Attached Files:

17. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

Just my record collection here. A few thousand cd's are in another room.

18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Where do you guys get these nice looking shelves? I had to make my own record shelf modifying some Closetmaid 8 cube shelf thingies I bought at Target (which, of course, the one model I need has been discontinued). Wifey only lets me keep my stuff in my little man cave, so I'm always running out of space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got lots more records in milk crates in the laundry room and i even still some lingering back at my parents house (although nothing That essential!). I need more shelves. Never enough room!

klockwerk likes this.
  19. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

I hear ya. :laugh:

Still I keep buying more. :agree:

20. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Updated picture, eagerly awaiting the Beatles boxed set to fill in the hole on the top right shelf.

[​IMG]

21. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

Most of my records are in storage boxes currently, in a room, and not as nicely organized as these.

22. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

That's what I do right now. My wife oly allowed me the bottom bookshelf Which holds about 500) for my records, its perfect for records. I am hoping to move up to the next shelf soon cause the rest of my records are down cellar.

I have about 1000 cd's , but only 500 upstairs and I have do do the same with those. I have a shelf and tower for my favs.

23. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

WOW!!! :righton:

24. bizmopeen

bizmopeen Senior Member

Ditto.

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

"only about 30,000" !
    :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.