Power Cord Shoot-Out: 16 Power Cords Reviewed

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by markl, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Sand Cable

Black Sand Cable New Member

My bad :sigh: ..........I could have made it in Black which would have made the color contrast not so dramatic.

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Good to see a manufacturer here. Welcome to the forum; I hope we don't frighten you away.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Agreed! Welcome, Black Sand Cable! :)

4. emkay

emkay Senior Member

I'm probably in a bit over my head here, but does anybody have a specific recommendation for Rotel equipment? If anybody is using a PC that is working particularly well with the RCD-1072, I'd like to know about it.

-mk

5. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Off-topic, but get the DVD-A!

6. Metralla

Maybe not. Check his profile:

7. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

What is the cost of this cable?

8. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Mark,

Have you heard the Golden Reference yet?

9. intlplby

intlplby New Member

btw, you can buy the Jellyfish powercords direct from Quail (the manufacturer) for about $10 each.....$50 minimum order.

i was thinking of buying 5

10. luckyman

luckyman Forum Resident

Welcome to the forum, John!
    Good to have you here!

11. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Bump for any updates.

12. Metralla

wow - that's a 6 year old grave you dug up.

13. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Having a hard time finding a link to possibly buy one of the Jelly Fish cables.

14. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

I'm aware of that. Like i said, just asking if there are any updates.

15. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Geez, obviously forum rules have changed a lot since this old thread. Doesnt the forum no longer allow Advertising, or veiled attempts at advertising, under the guise of "Hey guess what I just bought", or "Hey everyone needs to hear this" type threads?

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Metralla

As I said in 2006:

"Good to see a manufacturer here. Welcome to the forum; I hope we don't frighten you away."

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

18. ElizabethH

ElizabethH Forum Resident

For a thread with a pile of power cables, old or not, I would add Pangea Power cables.
    They are pretty low priced, rare to see any used for sale. And are exclusive to Audio Advisor.
    I was a basic non-believer in power cords making a difference, though I tried a few Audio Asylum home made designs (did nothing)
    My first Pangea was due to it being as cheap (intro low price 2 meter was $59 ) as i could make a powercord!
    So I stuck it on my amp and I was turned into a believer. i could really hear the amp making deeper. better base with the cord, and it went away without the cord. (Forte' 4a amp)
    So then I bought a few more Pangea AC9 and some AC14 and some AC14SE.
    After i revamped my entire system with retirement money, i still used the Pangea. But finally added a few Pangea AC9SE and sold off the AC14 as far less useful.

Now one point is i use power conditioners, which seem to tighten up the bass, but also make it 'less' so the cords may be just allowing the natural sound to occur, as if no power conditioner were in the line. So the cords undo the negative bass situation the powerconditioners create? Though I love the increased clearity the conditioners give in the overall sound. So they stay. This is an explanation if perhaps why I could notice such a distinct change with without the Pangea???

The variouos Pangea cords changed the sound slightly with different ones in different appications.
    The biggest shocker was sticking it as the cord into my Forman REF20I conditioner. a totaly added clarity from that one spot.
    Then tuning the various AC9. AC9SE and AC14SE.
    I finally settled on the regular AC9 to the amp, the AC9SE to the Bryston Preamp, and a AC9SE tothe VAC Standard preamp i use as a digital buffer. All of these were to enhance the bass output to best sounding, from my Magnepan 3.6s

So all in all I am very happy I have some useful nice powercords, which stay well withing my self imposed 10% of system cost rule. I like long cords.. So most of my Pangea powercords are 4 meter long. Only a few 3 or 2 meter ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.