"Powers", a Crackle (Sony-owned) original series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Taurus, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm now watching the sixth episode of this gritty/rather violent series based on a graphic novel & recommend it to other fans of the genre. The Crackle description page for Powers says:
    FYI: the website & the Crackle channel on my Roku both say after the pilot, the rest of the series is only viewable via a Playstation, so I passed on watching this show for about a month after installing that channel. But I've been watching the series with no problems via that same Crackle channel: last week after clicking on the pilot episode's icon, out of curiosity I clicked the "About the show" button and on the following page was a "Watch more episodes" button, so I clicked on that.....and the rest of the series was listed.

Shows via Crackle are free to view so you have to watch some commercials, but usually most of the time there are just 2-3 in a row, and sometimes just one or two, so for me that's not a problem.

BTW while I enjoy Powers, it will probably be the last of its kind for me. That's for two reasons: one, I'm getting burned out on superhero/comic stories in general and two, the realistic and "gritty" category of superhero stories are not really my cup of tea.* Personally I enjoy superhero stories that are more positive and with sharper lines between the good guys & the bad guys and should end on a (mostly) good note ----> superhero comics are an escape for me from the real world, so I'd rather not have that same world depicted in those particular stories.

* Daredevil, one of my favorite TV series this decade, is also realistic/gritty but IMO isn't really a superhero story, so I can deal with that realism/grittiness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.