"PP Arnold’s Lost Sessions With Eric Clapton, Derek & The Dominos, Barry Gibb For October Release"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by revolution_vanderbilt, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Beeb Fader

Beeb Fader Forum Resident

I saw PP Arnold as part of the Sandy Denny tribute concerts 5 years ago. Even in that excellent company she absolutely raised the roof. A stunning performance which lives in the memory. `Old Fashioned Waltz' , `I'm A Dreamer' and `take Me away' i think it was. She filled the Bridgewater Hall with that glorious voice.

2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

3. pghmusiclover

The latest from Pat's Facebook page:

Hey Everybody, It's so good to be back. Hope that you're all well and keeping a positive, hopeful outlook while having to digest the emotional pain of all the recent horrific tragedies and the total chaos of the politics everywhere. We have to stay positive as we pass through this time of upheaval and change and hold on to our dreams and each other regardless of our race, creed, sex and religious beliefs. We've come a long way, but we've still got a long way to go. I've been a very busy bee under the radar finishing my book, putting my new Heritage album 'The Turning Tide' together with my manager Sally Cradock and the help of Steve Cradock, the support of Paul Weller giving us the use of his Black Barn Studios and the assistance of his engineer Charles Rees, who did the final mixes that began at the Sensible Studios with Jon Moon engineering. It's been quite a journey that thanks to Dick Ashby, Bill Levenson, Jeff Allen and Simon Long who all got the ball rolling this music will finally see the light of day. Steve Cradock has also been producing my new album which we're all very excited about that will be released in the spring of 2018. My new webpage at www.pparnold.com is under construction and should be totally finished by the end of this week, but here's the fall tour dates for the 'live' shows. http://www.pparnold.com/tour-dates/. God Bless and keep you all safe and secure. Love, 'Light', Peace, Joy, Happiness and Music

Hep Alien, e.s., TeddyB and 3 others like this.
  4. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

Is there going to be a vinyl release? I hope so.

5. pghmusiclover

Yes -- see post #27 above!

andybeau likes this.
  6. rediffusion

Sorry missed that – thanks!

pghmusiclover likes this.
  7. pghmusiclover

The album cover:

[​IMG]

8. smallworld

smallworld Forum Resident

It would be nice to include the single mixes of "Bury Me Down by the River" and "Give a Hand, Take a Hand" as bonus tracks.

JeffMo likes this.
  9. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Was "The First Cut Is The Deepest" mono mix ever issued on CD?

10. smallworld

It's in mono on the Immediate Singles Collection from 2000, on Sequel. I have no idea if that's "the" mono mix, a fold etc.

11. pghmusiclover

12. rediffusion

I thought they could also add the "Likely Piece of Work" single which was released in 1970 although it was produced by Jack Good rather than Gibb/Clapton...

P.P. Arnold - A Likely Piece Of Work

13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Keith Emerson's band "The Nice" were at one time P.P. Arnold’s backing band among others.

14. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident Thread Starter

On one hand, it's a shame that she never achieved the fame and success that her peers did. On the other hand, she's never rested on her laurels and at 70 years old seems as hungry and willing to prove herself as ever.

15. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Really great news!

16. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Yes they would be nice to have, but aren't those tracks from Catch My Soul? The new reissue is meant to be more of an unreleased album than a compilation.

17. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

The two released Gibb produced tracks had nothing to do with Catch My Soul.

18. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Right, I conflated the two posts. I thought we were talking about the Jack Good productions.

19. gazebo

gazebo Active Member

I almost fell off my sofa when this was the opening number on the Jools Holland show a few weeks back, PP and Madeleine Bell on backing vocals

e.s., rediffusion and andybeau like this.
  20. pghmusiclover

21. smallworld

The album sampler sounds great. It's a shame they're going with such crappy cover art. The font is a terrible job - squashed on one plane, elongated on the other. I realise projects like these are done on a budget but the album artwork is the first thing people see.

There are much better, full colour images out there that could be easily cropped. Of course, such images would need to be licenced and may be more expensive than the one chosen but you only get one chance to make a first impression...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even a rejig of the cover for this budget label compilation would be an improvement:

[​IMG]

22. smallworld

The German picture sleeve for "Bury Me Down by the River" could also be adapted to serve as the album cover.

[​IMG]

rediffusion likes this.
  23. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I completely missed this news. Just sat down to read the new edition of Mojo magazine (Oct 2017, D.Grohl cover,) and read about this. Intrigued on the Clapton/Dominos connection.

I'm away on vacation at present. Can anyone verify if these sessions are listed in the Marc Roberty Clapton books? I thought the All Things Must Pass sessions were the first with the Dominos.

Off to pre-order now. Looks intriguing.

24. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

25. pghmusiclover