Preacher - New Season 3 Discussion & Popcorn

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Cass is one of the most interesting charachters. Aside from not growing old and healing better than other people, he is the opposite of this generation's archetypal vampire and a Twilight vampire could defeat him with a quick jab or a bottle of whisky.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  2. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

Yeah, Cassidy was originally created by Garth Ennis to make fun of the Bram Stoker, Stephen King, Ann Rice mythologies, making Cass what a vampire would really be like if one was bored with life and didn't have much to do but roam around.

Under Ennis' premise, a vampire would retain much of their personality when they we're alive, at the same time they would discover they could get away with a lot of things that they couldn't while living. I mean, who wouldn't?

That said, Cass is also a young vampire, and the series has hinted that not only is there an organization dedicated to killing vampires, but also that Cass answers to another vampire. It's all in the show. There's no telling how much the show will delve into all that, though.

If they touched on everything in the comic the show would be at least 10 seasons.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

We should be so lucky.......:p

4. Joey The Lemur

Joey The Lemur Forum Resident

Mrs. Lemur and I have watched since the beginning and are baffled as to why it hasn't gotten more attention. It's gonzo.

vince and marmalade166 like this.
  5. vince

I'm kinda torn...
    Stuff like this (and "The Venture Bros") makes me feel like 'I'm in' on a little piece of TV especially MADE for a small hand-full of 'weirdos' like me! Reminds me of my youth, when there was 'underground music'...until it turned into 'college/alternative'.....
    As long as they can keep making them, with out anyone complaining, I'll be happy.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  6. EVOLVIST

Hey Vince...you should check out this (if you haven't already).

Tarantula (TV series) - Wikipedia

7. vince

Did you all noice that each season's opening theme song has a different dominant instrument :
    Season 1: Harmonica
    Season 2: Trumpet
    Season 3: Accordion

8. vince

Nice....
    HOWEVER, I felt that the 'Cassidy-meets-that-"Anne Rice-esque"-vampire' coulda used a bit more comedy!
    I don't about you, but when Cassidy was flying, I was just WAITING to hear "The Man In Me"!!!
    The 'bank scene' reminded me of that 'action-scene' in "Breaking Bad", when Mike walked into that warehouse, and the music, and his one-man bad-assery gave you an entirely different 'feel' from the rest of the show!

9. vince

...AND, I'm sure we can all assume the All Father is based on THIS!:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  10. EVOLVIST

Nice.

Yeah, the last episode was great. Not that the other seasons weren't good - they were - but this season has truly found a voice of it's own.

Personally, I don't see that the comedy is lacking this season. I think it's just more subtle. Yeah, obviously there are moments where they ham it up (see, "The Devil), but with tighter plot lines it doesn't leave us much time hanging for laughs. It's on to a new scene pretty quick.

11. vince

That's a shame.... 'cuz, as I said during last season's thread....I only wish we could see a more 'happy-go-party' Cassidy, before he's goes straight...

12. vince

-"What's a genesis?"
    -"A BAND!"

EVOLVIST and marmalade166 like this.
  13. EVOLVIST

This was a solid episode. It was definitely a setup episode for the rest of the season.

They tend to do that at least twice a season.

I really liked that trick that Grandma did to Herr Starr's shoe.

14. vince

I'm kinda happy about the 'twist', when it comes to the 'Anne Rice-esque' vampire!

15. vince

Now, THAT'S what I like!
    -Exploding Humpadoos!
    -Bad "sexual Harassment-in-the-workplace" play
    -Grandma & The Devil
    This show has it all!

Kyhl, EVOLVIST and forthlin like this.
  16. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

"You're gonna run out of humperdoos." :laugh:

I'm thinking of ways to incorporate this phrase in daily usage.:agree:

EVOLVIST, marmalade166 and vince like this.
  17. vince

Gonna take a nap, so I can be fresh and awake when this one airs!

forthlin likes this.
  18. vince

So......., THAT happened!
    You know...I expected a bit more of All Father, if you know what I mean.....
    Do you think it was a 'budget thing', or a 'standard & practices' thing?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    marmalade166 likes this.
  19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I find myself laughing more and more while watching, but I'm undecided if this is a good thing!

20. EVOLVIST

I think they are compressing time in the show. What a brilliant twist when Jessie let all of the Humperdoos go, so that nobody knows which is the real messiah.

Preacher really is one of the best popcorn shows of all-time. It's not for everyone, but this season is killing it!

Kyhl likes this.
  21. vince

Let's hope it all comes together.....I'm getting a little concerned Cass won't 'team up' with the gang by this 'season finale'.....

22. vince

BIG FINALE TONIGHT! (for the three of us here who actually watch the show)!!!!
    It looks like it spill over to the :22 mark on the schedule , so I'll be napping around 3 in the afternoon to stay up!

EVOLVIST and marmalade166 like this.
  23. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

Is it the actual last episode or will there be another season?

24. vince

I assume there'll be another season....
    When you've got all that Seth Rogan money, it doesn't matter how popular a show is, I guess...
    I CAN'T end with all that's happened last night, that's for sure!

25. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I wanted to compare, but it looked almost like a recreation on the flying scene from the first Superman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.