Predator reboot in the works further proof that Hollywood is desperate...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Del Toro has had some really bad luck in the last few years, with several movies announced, then the deal falls apart. He's a very talented filmmaker who deserves more success.

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Filmmaker? I think you have your Del Toros mixed up. :)

Plan9 and alexpop like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I think with the CHE actor it was a case of budget concerns,Fox went the el cheapo route from mega bucks production to literally 50 cents(actor), truly shameful for Predator fans. I'll not be surprised if the film is cancelled.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Too many Del Toros! Guillermo Del Toro vs. Benicio Del Toro -- I know the difference.

Encuentro likes this.
  5. alexpop

Will the real Del Toro stand up please. :)

Encuentro and Vidiot like this.
  6. alexpop

Very easily done if you live in Mexico.:)

Encuentro likes this.
  7. alexpop

Just occurred to me, don't know why they never choose John Travolta ...his Battlefield Earth had the whole Pred shtick down to a tee, with his natty dred thing..impressive make up. Something to chew on this weekend if your bored. :)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. alexpop

To date.
    I checked IMDb.
    The Predator is scheduled for 2018.
    C ~list cast.
    Deserves much better.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. alexpop

Why does it take over a year for a film to released Shane Black's The Predator wrapped shooting last month. Supposed to have a theatrical run August 2018. Is that the norm for movies per se ?

melstapler likes this.
  10. alexpop

Shane Black's The Predator
    Supposed to be a (R) rating.
    Gary Busey's son is in it.
    Not a sequel, but in the sane tine range.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

It depends on the project, they may have to do pick up shots still, editing, post production effects, etc. other films may already be on the schedule they also want to keep certain projects clear of other blockbusters. To insure success, a studio will do whatever they can even for films that they don't have a lot of confidence in. While The Good Guys didn't do well in theaters, it got good reviews and Shane is still pretty well respected as a writer and script doctor.

salary? he has been tabloid fodder for the last couple of years. Unfortunately, he made some poor career decisions on roles he chose over the last couple of years. He doesn't have the box office clout he had before but he can get some b-movie styled films green lit. He certainly is on the outs when it comes to A lister actors.

As far as the cast goes, you've got to go with what you have the budget for and, perhaps, Shane sees this as an opportunity to help the careers of some of the actors in it. It also comes down to the actors they can attract with the role and whether or not they are available around the time of the shooting schedule. Sometimes it's a bit complicated.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  12. wayneklein

Del Toro has had his challenges since The Hobbit project. He had cleared a la the part of his schedule to direct that a couple of years back. He had some,of his projects shot down prior to that (including At The Mountains of Madness where Prometheus stole its thunder so to speak and Universal was wary of producing an R rates horror movie based on the budget). If I were Del Toro I would go the Rodriguez route and put together a series of successful smaller budgeted films with actors that as t to work with him. Luckily, the Pacific Rim sequel looks like it well do welland he's shepherding thwt project (although not directing) to the screen. With the right project, Del Toro is pretty bankable and with the right budget as well. If His gothic thriller Crimson Peak had done better, I suspect this would be a different story for him now.

Vidiot and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

Must admit I liked Crimson Peak( could have been a lot scarier ).

14. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Why not just make a movie about reboots and call it...reboots!!!

15. alexpop

Hope this bodes well for Shane.
    Only 370 days to go. :)

16. wayneklein

Me too.

17. alexpop

Pity he missed out on The Predator.
    Admittedly Predator is the star, still..his involvement would have gave the film more gravitas.

18. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

Careful with that talk man, Jason Friedburg and Aaron Seltzer could be lurking around here and you just gave them the lightbulb for Reboot Movie.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. alexpop

Still miffed Benicio Del Toro bowed out of The Predator ( 2018), due to either contractual reasons/money/scheduling.
    A missed opportunity.

20. alexpop

Original Predator 30th anniversary this year.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. alexpop

Shane Black's "The Predator " delayed a month, out mid-September now.
    August original schedule date too much competition apparently.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. alexpop

Another reason for The Predator delay is the production team are doing a 2-3 week reshoot Feb/ march ...talk / speculation of Arnie getting involved, cameo.

melstapler likes this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And incredibly, Guillermo Del Toro is just about at the top of his career now, with an astonishing 13 Oscar nominations for The Shape of Water. He's doing extremely well right now.

24. alexpop

The Predator ( film out September, 2018) DVD /Blu Ray December 2018.

25. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

The Predator cast photo from 2018
    [​IMG]

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.