Predicting the Movie Hits and Bombs of 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

It’s still such a great film though. What wonderful acting, and a very smart script. That can cover up a lot of other issues for me!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Probably won't be a big hit (because American audiences struggle with reading subtitles -- unless all subtitles are 120 characters are less :doh:), but this looks kind of interesting:

The Guilty - Movie Trailers - iTunes

3. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

"Flashdance" had a script? :p

Ghostworld likes this.
  4. SandAndGlass

Disney has been doing the merchandising thing since the mouse came into this world.

I don't think this formula holds up, when the movie is not a "kiddie" movie.

5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Well, maybe no script.... but a lot of SWEATPANTS!

Here's a make-me-shutter "Flashdance" moment: One of Joe Dante's bad gremlins in "Gremlins" doing the "Flashdance" moves in knee socks. Nooooooooo!!!!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. SandAndGlass

It's fun to play "What a feeeeeling..." really loud.

This would be for people who have no comprehension of what real audio can do.

Jrr and Ghostworld like this.
  7. SandAndGlass

See, I don't mind that dated things "LOOK" dated.

8. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Not sure it's been mentioned yet, maybe it has but I'll betcha Aquaman bombs. The trailers so far pique no interest and his role in JL didn't do the character any favors.

sunspot42 likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The Meg.
    Had it staying power at the box office, or hook, line and sinker ?

10. alexpop

The Predator(2018).
    How will Shane Black's Predator fair at the box office next month ?

11. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Christopher Robin, a two thumbs up from me!

SandAndGlass and eeglug like this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Lots of competition on Dec 21, I think it will do well in week #1, word of mouth will sustain or kill it going forward. The trailer is getting a lot of views, reactions are positive for the most part.

13. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

That surprises me. Hope it's actually a good movie and does well then.

14. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

So, Disney's Nutcracker movie; based on the new trailer, I think I should name the corpses rolling around in their graves; E.T.A Hoffmann, Alexandre Dumas, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Marius Petipa & Lev Ivanov and George Balanchine.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I really really enjoy when they get it wrong...judging, slamming it even before the movie is released !aHAHAHHAHA

16. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

That album on vinyl is phenomenal quality, really loud!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

What do you think?

18. alexpop

I'm throwing out those questions to the forum cinemaphiles, that leaves us out of the debate. :D

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

Oh, Mile 22 is not looking good...

'Mile 22' is one of the worst-reviewed movies of the summer, and Mark Wahlberg's career: 'The movie equivalent of being shouted at by your drunk ex-Army dad'

I gotta say, I ain't getting either the hip/cool "Deadpool" vibe or the happening/fun "Marvel" vibe, nor do I get the star-making success feeling I saw with all the "Wonder Woman" trailers. I think Warner Bros. is flailing.

20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's terrible. The prior 3 Wahl/Berg movies were very good, but this one is an incoherent mess. It cuts every 1/8th of a second (seemingly) and throws in every Paul Greengrass "Bourne" visual cliche you can find.

It takes a simple story and muddles it beyond comprehension - literally, as it's next to impossible to follow.

All that and an ending that wraps up nothing - it just points toward a sequel! :rolleyes:

21. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I saw The Meg the other day. Kind of a silly premise, but was actually a pretty entertaining movie.

22. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Are you kidding me? Sounds like potential to be really loud for the neighbors as well. Nothing wrong with that in my book, however!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  23. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I just read that Christopher Nolan is going to remake his own movie from 2000, Memento?
    Why in the world...? It was an interesting and well done low budget movie for him as he was starting out. I don't get this at all.

24. McLover

McLover Senior Member

And a good thing the supply of Grainger County, Tennessee Rotten Tomato Missiles is very ample this year. And there's quite a few bombs in this list, up there with Fat Man and Little Boy in destructive payload to studio chiefs and their career hopes. One of them is best parodied this time as "A Star's A Bomb"

25. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

This is how I feel watching Rampage.

sunspot42 and Vidiot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.