Present-day pull comic books.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by WLL, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

Right now, as far as my account af my Local Comics Shop (Atlantis Fantasyworld, SC), I am taking six titles in my box, one of which is most of a month away from hitting the racks.
    I am taking:
    Action Comics
    Looney Toons
    Doomday Clock - all DC, Doomsday Clock is the " Watchmen sequel meets the post-Rebirth DC universe " mini-series that isn't out yet.
    Your Pal, Archie
    Marvel Comics Digest - both published by Archie, the " MCD " is a digest- sized comic of Marvel reprints that Marvel has, obviously, farmed out to Archie to get something out to the K-Mart and Rite Aid racks that (I assume) the Archie digests are still carried on.
    Venom - Marvel.
    That's all the pulls now, but I tend to want to walk out of a comics shop with something I wasn't thinking of when I walked in, so there will doubtless be more!:confused::agree:

PhantomStranger likes this.
  2. I've been enjoying Super Sons, the team-up DC book with Superboy and Robin together. I am so happy we finally have a Superboy back in DC Comics at least related to Clark Kent. It's light entertainment that helps fill out the interior family life of the Bat and Super families without injecting huge crossovers.

Red Hood and the Outlaws has been a surprisingly fun read with its strange team-up of Jason Todd, Artemis and Bizarro. You really don't have to particularly like those characters to enjoy the book.

Ethan B likes this.
  3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

What's a 'pull' comic book??

Vidiot likes this.
  4. It's the list of monthly comics a person subscribes to at their local comic book shops. You order your favorites in advance to secure yourself a copy each month. As the retail comic book market shrinks, stores aren't generally ordering a huge amount of excess copies each month for random store customers walking in that don't have the book on their pull lists.

Johnny66 and Deesky like this.
  5. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

You have exactly the same taste as my daughter.

6. WLL

...Yes, that's what it is, I decided to use the terminology, if someone else didn't know, they asked and they found out.
    I've spent so much of my life at least partially ensconsced in this subculture, I might as well use its lingo - It's " mine ", after all.

ntomStranger, post: 17491280, member: 13496"]It's the list of monthly comics a person subscribes to at their local comic book shops. You order your favorites in advance to secure yourself a copy each month. As the retail comic book market shrinks, stores aren't generally ordering a huge amount of excess copies each month for random store customers walking in that don't have the book on their pull lists.[/QUOTE]

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Thanks.
    That's me, formerly completely clueless! :)

8. WLL

...I also, the last LCS visit before this last one, put in an order for the comic The Creeps, from a small publisher, a single-issue order for issue #12. It' s a comic that just trys to recreate Warren's old Creepy, etc., b&w horror comics - note the name, & the cover (in color) design/" trade dress "/logo bite the classic Warren look, and they have, besides stories by newer creators as well, as many stories as they can by surviving Warren creators - Everything's new, no Warren reprints.
    They even somehow found a Frank Frazetta painting for the cover of the new issue I've ordered! I suppose it might be in the next Wednesday-week* I go in. It's considerably less expensive than imagined it would be, too! The company apparently got Barnes and Noble to carry it, too, they're on Facebook...

*-Okay, I will explain this one. Comics shops in North America universally set out the new releases on Wednesday...

9. She has impeccable tastes.:D

Ethan B likes this.
  10. WLL

...I added The Creeps to my list too.
    I ordered and received this novelty one-shot Not Brand Ecch #14 from Marvel - and lots of other stuff that was not an order or a pull, so I'm not mentioning it here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.