Pretenders multi-disc deluxe reissues on Edsel

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mshare, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mshare

mshare Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dont see a thread on these yet - any more info on the mastering?

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/pretenders-multi-disc-deluxe-reissues-and-limited-box-set/

The eight Pretenders albums released by Warner Bros. in the twenty years between 1979 and 1999 are to be reissued by Edsel Records as deluxe 2CD+DVD digipaks in February next year.

The albums in question are Pretenders, Pretenders II, Learning To Crawl, Get Close, Packed!, Last of the Independents, Isle of View and Viva El Amor! and the three-disc sets (two are CD+DVD) will be available individually or together packaged in a smart 22-disc box set.

[​IMG]
    First 500 boxes ordered from official store come with a personalised poster

These will boast an enormous amount of bonus material (full track listings below) including b-sides, live tracks, remixes, songs for soundtracks, demos and alternate versions. Across all the DVDs alone you will find 30 rare BBC TV appearances, 21 promo videos and the full 18-track Isle of Viewperformance.

Both box and individual releases will be available from the usual places, but if you choose to purchase the box set from the Official Pretenders Store, the first 500 ordered get a free A3 Lyric poster of Brass In Pocket with their name on it.

The Pretenders reissues and box set will be released on 16 February 2015

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Hmm...

The link seems to indicate that this is not available through the "Pretenders Store" web site for US customers. :(

3. Bruce

Bruce Senior Member

I am interested,but How do I order it?

4. Muzyck

Best I can tell is that you need to order the individual titles from Amazon UK. :realmad: I have put pre orders in and after adjustment to reduce VAT and add shipping it comes out to around £109.00 to the U.S.

Based on my past experience with Amazon U.K. my biggest concern is that they will get destroyed in transit. Packaging is really piss poor.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  5. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Tempting.

Jack and dee like this.
  6. dee

dee Senior Member

Something to keep an ear open for!

7. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Things start to get spotty after Get Close.

8. amcaudio

amcaudio Forum Resident

I think you are being too generous

9. mshare

mshare Forum Resident Thread Starter

Agreed - first three and Isle of View are essential though.

10. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

Packed! has some great tunes (Sense of Purpose might be my favorite Pretenders song) and Last of the Independents is at least as good as Learning To Crawl or Get Close. JMO of course.

dino77 likes this.
  11. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Who's brilliant idea was it to not make this available to U.S. customers?

melstapler likes this.
  12. Muzyck

Probably the people that hold the rights for Pretenders releases in the US.

jsayers, mestreech and eelkiller like this.
  13. INSW

INSW Senior Member

They're dopes.

14. Muzyck

Yeah, I can't understand why Rhino would would block this. Sometimes you would think these companies go into business just to make money. How silly. :rolleyes:

eelkiller likes this.
  15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Keep in mind some of the Edsel product has not been forum approved. The Robert Palmer scandal comes to mind.

Naughty Chord likes this.
  16. I'm interested in the sets not already issued as deluxe/expanded editions from Rhino. The boxed set covers most of the bonus tracks included in this boxed set.

melstapler and JimC like this.
  17. skybluestoday

skybluestoday Forum Resident

Glad to see some props for Sense of Purpose. I purchased Packed! when it was first released and was so disappointed; it just seemed like such a dry, anemic record -- with the exception of that song, which jumped out at me instantly. (and also with the exception of another cool Hendrix cover -- I have always maintained that Hynde & Co. cover Jimi better than anyone)

I probably haven't spun that CD in 20 years, but recently I revisited a few of the tunes (on a compilation) and liked them quite a bit better. I guess I have mellowed in middle age.

Say It Right, dino77 and davers like this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I would love to see what tracks are on here that aren't already covered by the Pirate Radio box, the Pretenders Greatest Hits DVD and the previous expanded sets for the first 4 records.

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Comment in the link supplied. :)

"I would be all over this if the price was right, and the CDs weren’t brickwalled"

Is it February already? Time flies.

jupiter8, davers and Muzyck like this.
  20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

this

21. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

bummed out that we won't be able to get this. 2cd 1 dvd for every album sounds like a treasure trove of goodies.

22. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Will Edsel follow this up with an lp reissue box like some of their earlier releases? I hope so, would love to hear Independents on lp.

23. stevepafford

stevepafford Well-Known Member

I've always loved the sometimes not easy to find Bond theme If There Was A Man, sadly relegated to the end credits of The Living Daylights. Be good to have it more widely available.

Say It Right likes this.
  24. Muzyck

I would have been nice if they included the video on the "Get Close" set, but it isn't happening. The video for "Windows Of The World" is also missing. Would have been a better choice than those "Don't Get Me Wrong" BBC vids. I hope those aren't lip synched, but I am not too optimistic. Perhaps the fact that "Windows Of The World" & "If There Was A Man" are soundtrack releases creates a hurdle preventing the inclusion of those videos.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  25. stevepafford

stevepafford Well-Known Member

Is is just clips from the TLK film or performance based?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.