Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semka

semka Forum Resident

Yep, as long as the coupon will still work...

2. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Yep, keeping my fingers crossed. So far, so good.

3. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

A postscript to my blowitouttahere return experience. It took almost a month since the original shipping date but I finally received a replacement for my damaged box. BIOH sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label for the return so I didn't have to eat any additional shipping costs. The replacement box arrived safely and all is now right with the world.

BIOH did OK with this one. The process could have gone more smoothly (they asked for photos and sometimes take days to respond to emails if they respond at all) but I'm satisfied with the end result. Would I buy a big ticket item from them again? Maybe if the price was right. :faint:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Thought I'd give an update on this, for those who may consider deepdiscount for similar purchases in the future. I went to their website and filled out a form thusly on Sept 15th:
    I received the 14LP "Beatles in Mono" on 9/11. Having looked over the set over the weekend, I have *ONE* defective LP in the set ("The Beatles" aka "The White Album") which has a clear manufacturing problem on disc one. I would be happy to provide a picture, if that's helpful. How can I go about getting this *ONE* defective album replaced? It does not make sense to return the entire 20lb package. Can you send me just a replacement "White Album"?​
    No response.

So I filled out the form again, stating I had not received a response and copied my statement above on Sept 18th. No response. So I sent them an email on Sept 22nd with my above statement prefaced with this comment:
    Is your website not working? I submitted a form via your website about a defective item I received and have not heard back. I submitted the following message on 9/15 and again on 9/18. Why no response?​
    The next day I got this:
    Hi, [misspelled customer name]
    We have submitted a Warehouse Check and as soon as we receive a responce, we will contact you with the information.
    Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.​
    I never heard back, so I sent them this on October 1st (with all the previous communications attached):
    It's now been over a week since you promised a response to my email and, remarkably, SIXTEEN DAYS since I first logged an issue with your site. Do you intend on responding, or should I simply dispute this charge with my credit card company due to your inactivity?​
    After receiving no response to that, I finally resorted to calling them today - I had really wanted to keep all our communications in writing. The (unhelpful) associate I spoke with said I had not provided them with a reason or details on what was wrong with my set. I told her I had done so, specifically, FIVE TIMES, and could she reference any of the communications I had sent. She said no, the person who had received my email was not in today, so she could not get it. "You did not say what the problem is - was the box damaged in shipment?" "No, it was a manufacturing defect and I will send you a picture, if I have to..." And on it went.

So I'm shipping the whole thing back and getting a full refund - no replacement. Given the anemic sales this thing had, I'm gonna take my chances that I get a cheaper set down the road.

FYI: here's a post with a pic of my defective LP:
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...-numbers-new-mono.379909/page-7#post-11052449

lightbulb and Naughty Chord like this.
  5. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Ouch. Makes my experience with BIOH look pretty good in comparison. Noted for future reference.

But are you sure you don't just want to buy another White Album and have done with it? I mean if all the other discs are OK there's nothing to say you won't have other issues with the next set.

dudley07726 likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I don't really want to shell out another $50 or whatever for another White album, because that sort of defeats the purpose of getting a "deal" on the boxed set. I also don't want to do a switcheroo with say, amazon, and send them back the defective one (not that you were suggesting that, but some would). I was genuinely shocked by the reports that the box set only sold about 2300 copies its first week. Given that there are 40000 copies of the box (and lots more of the individual albums), I'm now confident the whole thing can probably be had for $200 or less if I'm patient. And waiting a full four weeks to even have an exchange with DeepDiscount about a replacement has certainly made me patient. ;)

Naughty Chord likes this.
  7. semka

semka Forum Resident

Meanwhile, bundle #3 is available at popmarket. Two albums: TWA and MMT for $44.19 after the coupon popmarket15.

8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Those are fantastic prices (on argueably the two best titles)!!

9. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

WAKE UP EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodie:
    the beave's been doing some snooping and found the Mono Box for you who are still looking for a deal.
    How does $224 hit you?? :bigeek:

I just got the 'CCMusic' (Collectors Choice) magazine and their running not only a sale on almost everything, but
    they also have a Promo Code good for a whoppin 25% off! The Box is going for $299 and after the promo code it's
    $224. They do have a charge for shipping, which is a kinda steep $18 for the box, bringing it to about $242.
    But I just bought the Mono Masters 3LP/MMTour/and The White Album for $89.14 including for those three LP's
    sets, $8.95. Just duplicating the Popmarket Bundle #3 it would be a few bucks less than them.
    The Promo Code is: 'oct1425' again: OCT1425. This is a reputable firm that deals in Oldies and they've been around
    for quite a while. So the Box for around $242 and the Mono Masters for $41!!!!! :uhhuh:
    Merry Christmas early.
    the beave
    oh here's the link:

http://www.ccmusic.com/Search/grp/4285862337/Beatles-Mono-Vinyl

your welcome:goodie:

10. Peter Pyle

Peter Pyle Forum Resident

I may have to buy a third box!! Oh my goodness....

11. The Beave

While I was at it I added Sgt. Peppers, the shipping stayed at $8.95 so no tax and the total for the four lp's breaks down as follows:
    The White Album: an astonishing $23.23 :righton:
    Sgt Peppers $14.23 :righton:
    Mono Masters 3LP $41.98 (Holy S**t!) :yikes:
    MMTour $14.98 :righton:
    Shipping $8.95 :oops:
    total: $103.37 :pineapple:
    So now I'll have all the 'must have' Mono lp's for a bit over $100. :goodie:
    Merry Christmas to US!!
    tha beave

dlokazip and Mr. H like this.
  12. The Beave

don't feel so bad Peter, I bought three of the Japanese Mono CD boxes! Listening to Mono Masters off of it right now.
    the beave

13. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Beave, thanks, you ended up costing me more than just the price of the mono box since there were several other items I decided I should buy now at the 25% off prices...:thumbsup:

14. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Many thanks, Beave! Picked up the last 4 singles I needed for $65!!

15. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Collectors Choice Music is a subsidiary of IMPORT CDS.

Oh, and my catalog only offered a 15% discount on orders over $125.:cussing:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  16. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

So grateful for this, man. I had already decided to pull the trigger today and this just made it so much sweeter.

17. The Beave

That's why I gave you My Promo Code. Now go and BUY THE BEATLES MANNNNNNNN.
    the beave

18. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I WILL MANNNNNN! THANKS!!!
    the v-buff

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  19. The Beave

Shoot. Just picked up Hank Williams 'Mothers Best' which originally went for $299 and now on Amazon and Time Life $149.......for .......$89.
    Hanks a Rolling Stone as far as I'm concerned and dang if dat ain't a dog nuts good price!
    I also picked up Dylans 'Complete Basement Tapes' for $89.
    C'mon Dawgs, Pick Up yo nuts and chicka chicka that cc on some dole dang good music!
    the beave.
    $300 today, boy is the wife going to KILL ME
    lol......when she finds out i'll already have the goods..........
    the beave x2

ya can't take it wit ya, so you better enjoy while you can.............

20. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

AlienRendel likes this.
  21. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I initially ordered the box from CC Music but cancelled it soon after. It was a great price as mentioned above ($242 delivered). I don't even have a turntable anymore. The mono cd's sound good to me. I was going to purchase the Project Carbon Debut turntable to play the lp's and then I thought, what am I crazy? And then I cancelled it. The days are gone where I purchased everything Beatle no matter what. Years ago, I sold my MF box, Sgt. Pepper UHQR, and sealed blue box. I still have tons of Beatle records in boxes in the closet. I had to break the habit. What I have digitally sounds quite good on my Oppo 105. But, Thesmellofvinyl made me think if it becomes much cheaper than the $225' then I guess I will jump in again as long as I still have a job.

22. Dave Garrett likes this.
  23. DavidFell

DavidFell Forum Resident

That's good for all orders over $50. So as I already own the mono box, I decided to stop waiting for HD downloads and I bought George's Apple Years box, for $89.19 including shipping and Illinois sales tax. Thank you!

24. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

I sincerely hope it goes down even more for Black Friday.

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  25. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Got a really strange phone call from CCMusic earlier asking me to call them back at their 800 number -- which is legit, according to their website. After waiting a long time, they asked me for my bank's "phone number" and my credit card number. There was a lot of confusion between the floor supervisor and the "warehouse" supervisor. Anyway, I didn't feel comfortable with that so I didn't give them any info; I've already been charged anyway. Anybody else get a weird phone call after placing your order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.