Price Watch: Rolling Stones Mono vinyl box

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lennonfan1, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I ordered mine a little over a week ago.I paid by paypal and my order went through but so far I haven`t received a shipping notification.

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I emailed Music Vaultz (on their help section) and they responded noting that the tracking showed the package was available for pickup at the post office.

So I was able to call the local post office (just googled "xxxxx post office" xxxxx=zip code) and give them my name/address/phone number.

They found the package and called me. I asked them to deliver it tomorrow. (since their packages had already gone out today)

Seems like I'll get the package tomorrow. :agree::righton:

mur and lightbulb like this.
  3. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I went to the post office today to try to get it but they wouldn't release it to me even with ID and tracking number. They said I need to speak to a supervisor but I couldn't contact anyone yet. I don't know what to do in this situation. They said they don't know where it is but judging by how the woman was asking another worker "what should I do" I think for certain it was sitting there. I really want the item and I hope it's not mailed back. Still says "delivery status not updated" in tracking. What a headache.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  4. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

FWIW, Mine had no street address on the outside mailing label, but, on the inside of the package there was a packing slip and that had my street address on it.

If your package is there, but they won't release it because of the lack of an address, maybe they can open it to verify it in the packing slip?

Good luck...

5. Dusty Ol'Rekkids

Dusty Ol'Rekkids Forum Resident

I got lucky. There was no address on mine either, but I order a lot of records, so the post office just knew where to bring it.:D

Tjazz, mrjinks and oldjollymon like this.
  6. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Is there a packing slip slipped inside plastic on the outside at all? That would help if they could look inside but I have a feeling they would end up damaging it. Never was able to reach any supervisors.

7. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Unfortunately no. It was just a slip of paper tucked in the top. It would require opening the package. It's pretty secure in there however, in a fitted foam package all around.

Dusty Ol'Rekkids likes this.
  8. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Does anyone get any other message besides "Your package has arrived in a foreign country". Right now that's all my tracking has been showing since 12/29. The bar keeps moving but it hasn't said anything else. Thoughts?

9. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Change your tracking to USPS. It sounds like your using Canada Post tracking.

10. Twinsfan007

Thanks for the suggestion. It says now that it should be delivered by thursday but it is in the valley as of yesterday. I don't know if I should go down to the Post Office tomorrow and try to find the package or just hope that it's delivered tomorrow and if not go try and hunt it down.

11. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I had to pick mine up at the post office. I called once I saw the notice online that it was delivered to locale PO. So far the set is near perfect with just a few pop over the first 8 LP before cleaning. This is one great sounding box set so far, really enjoying it. Goodluck to those who have their box set in postal limbo.

12. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Id go to the post office to ensure you get it. If nothing else they can take your phone number and tracking and keep an eye out for it.

13. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Looks like mine has arrived at the post office as of 2am this morning and it's marked return to sender. Hoping I can intercept it in time for them to release it to me before they send it back. Ugh!

14. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I was able to get my Stones box from my local post office when they opened this morning. What a great deal, but also a huge mess from Musicvaultz! Otherwise, they did a great job packing it, shipping box had some damage but the box set was fine at least on the outside. Haven't been able to examine the vinyl and sleeves yet.

Thanks to all who mentioned this stellar deal and also the shipping issue. It certainly would have gone back to Canada if not for the reporting here. Hope everyone else having problems is able to work it out as well.

lightbulb and The Beave like this.
  15. Twinsfan007

So I had the whole fiasco of the package not being delivered as well. Called the PO and they found the package. It's still at the post office. The guy I talked to said the only thing on the package was my name, city and zip. Someone at Musicvaultz screwed up big time. At least I found it. Going to pick it up soon!!

Rekkerds and The Beave like this.
  16. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

My plan didn't work as my package went through the system and went to undeliverable status. I was able to drive down to the post office and pick it up though. Hope MusicVaultz fixed their problem so this doesn't happen again. Thanks for the heads up otherwise I wouldn't have known about the address problem.

17. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

I just posted on the Beatles Mono thread, but it seemed that they screwed up the shipping labels on orders placed (at least) over the course of 6 days. How does that happen? :rolleyes:

18. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Same here, except that my apartment number was also listed on the shipping label. No street address, though, like everyone else.

19. R Newcomb

R Newcomb New Member

MusicVaultz : On Dec 24, the tracking info stated that a delivery to my house was attempted but "nobody was there to sign for it" so it was sent back to Canada. My wife and I were both home all day and there was no delivery made, period. Then, just recently I called my post office and gave them the tracking number and he said they received it on Dec 23rd but had to return it because the label was unreadable! So they lied about an attempted delivery and they won't respond to my emails either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
  20. Twinsfan007

Just took mine out of the shipping package. Not the greatest packaging as one of the corners is smooshed(SP?) in but I got it for such a good deal that I'm not really complaining.

21. R Newcomb

R Newcomb New Member

Does anyone know if there is a secret customer service phone # for MusicVaultz since they don't respond to e-mail messages?

22. Twinsfan007

Used the download code and it got about half way and just stopped. Now it won't open the zip file. Im pissed :realmad:

23. Twinsfan007

So I ended up just having to redownload it again.

24. Twinsfan007

I heard that if you want to get a quick response your best bet is to message them on their facebook page.

25. R Newcomb

R Newcomb New Member

Thank you, I'll try that. I did post a few comments earlier on fb, but not a direct question to them. Good luck in getting your item!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.