Prince takes his ball and goes home

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris DeVoe, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

Everybody needs a break from the internet now and again.

2. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

Really? A lot of adults care about Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce, Kanye. Why wouldn't at least some of them care about Prince, whose average song is better than anything any of those 4 have ever done?

groovelocked and Scott222C like this.
  3. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Doesn't Prince have a new album out? A great time to leave social media!

Jason points at Prince and says, "Ha, this guy...."

4. Abbey Road

Abbey Road Well-Known Member

5. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

I, too, thought it might be about a cancellation of possible upcoming releases, and I was also suckered. The point of this thread is self-promotion, isn't it?

groovelocked likes this.
  6. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Oh no, not that. :help: Maybe social media isn't for him. After all, the term "social media" is a bit of an oxymoron.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. Go put on some of his music and enjoy it.

7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

As a person who deliberately has avoided Facebook and Twitter I can only applaud this decision. It's amazing how many 'celebrities' have got themselves into difficulty through postings on social media and some should best keep away.

8. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I listened to Prince's music a lot in my life, but I never felt the need to check out his Facebook or Twitter sites. But then again I have accounts on neither myself and probably totally underestimate how important they are to a musician. I just listen to his albums, I'm weird that way. That's why I can't really be bothered by all his kooky stunts either.

BTW, Shylock wanting his piece of flesh isn't about justice or what is or isn't right, but about revenge. People who know how to hold a grudge like the OP should understand that.

Scott222C likes this.
  9. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Perhaps Jon Bream still had some beef with him.

10. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Yeah, Crystal Ball is a bit of a long story. I'm sure there are some people here who could tell you their experience.

groovelocked likes this.
  11. moops

moops Senior Member

Right now Prince is jamming with his all-girl band in his own studio .......... you're so right, he's clueless.

12. jukes

jukes Forum Resident

I think it's all too much asked that entertainers do also so-called social media on a daily basis. From where do they get time needed to read & write?

And on(in?) the internet there's nothing as sad as three (or nine or whatever) years old home pages that were last updated two years and six months ago. Seriously.

The best situation would be that (a) fan sites take care of the gossiping & such, and (b) record companies or management (or both) provide an artist page on their home site in order to inform of the coming activities of the artist/entertainer/performer. They have the proper resources to keep the page fresh.

starduster likes this.
  13. pablorkcz, PHILLYQ and jukes like this.
  14. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

I had the same experience. It was still worth it, and still a bold move at the time.

15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

[​IMG]

.....but cloud had been deleted.......

16. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

He's right. It's all become too much. Overkill. It's much better for an artist to create a distance between himself and his public. I just wish he would make some good music again.

Lonson likes this.
  17. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

So what you are really saying is, that in your opinion every person who chooses to exercise his given rights in this world is being a jerk ? And you are saying the legal system is something that is optional ? Unless you are the victim, then you would start stalker slander threads around here and cry wolf ..... got it

groovelocked and Lonson like this.
  18. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

And I just checked, he is on Spotify - that is more sane and allowing people to check out his tunes than some self aggrandizing "cover" version on YT or greedy corporate "artists" that pull their songs from Spotify, to save a buck, but are all over FB or Twitter brown nosing themselves to the public.

groovelocked and Lonson like this.
  19. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. -Mahatma Gandhi

20. So, you're confused by Facebook and unfamiliar with how it works, eh?

21. bobfrombob

bobfrombob Forum Resident

Trying to catch up here....

Prince has left the internet? That's old news. He's left before. He's probably closed down a dozen websites. He'll be back.

Prince is enforcing his copyright? Old news as well. He's been more vigilant about this than Metallica. He clearly cares not about his peers.

Anything else?

EasterEverywhere, DJ LX and PHILLYQ like this.
  22. ricks

ricks Senior Member

I think many are confusing being clueless with being a d****bag. Important to make the distinction that just because to some he may in opinion be the latter does not automatically make Prince/Squiggly symbol the former.

So to sum up; moops is correct being a d****bag does not mean one is clueless - regardless of who they are.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    moops likes this.
  23. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

This thread is like one of those sad-sack people who thinks they're getting secret messages from a pop star's songs and needs to bust into the compound to discuss it with their love/hate object over a cup of cocoa at 4 a.m.

groovelocked likes this.
  24. moops

moops Senior Member

Ha ! ...... thanks ricks, Prince bashing threads always make me chuckle.
    I actually am a fan of the guy, couldn't care less what he wants to to with his music or his time, he lives in "Prince World", things appear different there.

PHILLYQ likes this.
  25. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

EasterEverywhere likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.