Pro-ject debut carbon DC issue?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheGlycerinHero, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGlycerinHero

TheGlycerinHero New Member Thread Starter

I decided to get myself the Pro-ject debut carbon DC (USA 60hz) to use for a while until I upgrade the rest of my equipment. I was going to go with the Esprit since I wanted an acrylic platter anyways, but they didn't have one or know when they were getting more.

I also picked up the pro-ject speedbox s to add push button speed change. I have the 18v power from the wall to the speedbox and the wire from the box to the turntable. I had the belt on the larger pulley but it was playing my LPs too fast and when I press the speed change to 45 I don't hear a difference. Right now I have the belt on the smaller pulley and it plays my LPs fine, but when I press the button to change to 45 I don't hear a difference. I don't have a 45 yet to test it fully.

I also wanted to upgrade the cartridge from the red 2m to a om30, but they said it wouldn't work with that arm. Did I buy from the wrong shop?

2. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

To say the OM30 won't work with that arm doesn't seem to make any sense. You might need a lighter counterweight, but it would work with that arm.

3. russk

russk Forum Resident

If its playing 33.3 and you change it to 45 it should sound like the chipmunks singing if it works

4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

change the belt to the bottom rung (the 45 position). it should be set to 45 full time and the speed back essentially slows it down to 33.

5. TheGlycerinHero

TheGlycerinHero New Member Thread Starter

Looks like they finally updated their website. The DC model isn't compatible with the speedbox s. So I returned everything and ended up with a Music Hall 5.1 with a cruise control. Hopefully it was a worthwhile upgrade.

Dennis0675 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.