Problem With Insound

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rockin_since_58, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have purchased many times from Insound without any trouble. I even received a few warped LP's in the past and they took care of the problem right away. About a month ago I purchased Foghat Live and Hackamore Brick One Kiss Leads To Another both on vinyl and the Hackamore Brick was severely warped upon receipt. I sent a help ticket 10 days ago which is the only way to communicate with them. Got the automated response saying they would respond within 1 business day or less. After a week of no response I sent another and still no response. Fortunately I use Amex for online purchases and they took care of it by refunding the cost of the 1 LP.

Just curious if anyone else has had any problems with Insound recently.

2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I've ordered from them many times without an issue, until now. I ordered two LPs from them a week ago, and both appeared—and still appear to be—in stock. One record arrived in a week, but it looks like the other hasn’t even shipped yet. I’ve contacted them via the form on their site, but they haven’t responded. Sounds like their customer service is nonexistent. I have no idea what is going on.

3. rockin_since_58

I have received several records from them that were severely warped including 180 gram releases and always got them replaced with no problem. This time I disputed with Amex and got my money back. Strange thing is, several weeks later I received a replacement and included with that shipment were 2 additional records that had already been replaced. I think their system probably works fine for automated orders but as soon as there is an issue, their system falls apart.

4. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Finally got a hold of someone via Facebook this morning who says they're looking into it.

rockin_since_58 likes this.
  5. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Now they're trying to tell me that it's on backorder, when it's still listed as being in stock on their site. Lesson learned: Do not trust insound.com.

6. rockin_since_58

You should not be charged for it if it did not ship yet.

7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Fortunately they only charged me for the item that shipped. The one I haven't received yet (Neil Young's Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere) has finally been pulled from the site. But not until I pointed out to them today that it was still up and listed as in stock. Must've been some mix up; who knows how many they've sold that aren't getting shipped anytime soon. I typically trust that something listed as in stock on a website these days is actually in stock. Never had an issue like this before.

8. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Now they've stopped responding to my emails, so I can't cancel; and since I ordered with a debit card, I can't block them from charging it. Needless to say, I'm done with Insound. Horrible customer service.

9. rockin_since_58

You should be able to dispute a debit card purchase. I always use Amex for web purchases because they really protect their customers.

10. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

I have had to contact them via Facebook for resolution to any problem. I received a box that was heavily damaged and, unfortunately, there was damage to the records and box set inside. I requested a replacement on the records and a discount on the boxset as it was out of stock. They offered a very small discount, so I asked for more and they obliged. I don't think their customer sevice is the best and they are slow to respond, but they have come through for me. I do get frustrated with the large number of cancelled orders. They tend to oversell their stock way too often and for me that is worse than the mediocre customer service.

11. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

That's how I was able to get them to respond to my issue initially, but since feeding me varying excuses as to why my order has yet to ship, they've stopped responding. So I guess I'm supposed to sit back and wait for something that may never be back in stock. It's infuriating.

12. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

That is infuriating. I hope they provide you with a satisfactory response soon. If it is truly out of stock, they should just let you know.

Dave and jason202 like this.
  13. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

Insound is a pale shadow of what they used to be. I haven't been impressed with the site or their customer service since they were acquired by the Warner Music Group years ago.

Dave Garrett likes this.
  14. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It was a struggle, but I finally got someone to admit that they ran out of stock before they could fulfill my order. They subsequently canceled it, and have made things right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.