Product Not Eligible for Further Discounts

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ls35a, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident Thread Starter

That seems to be Music Directs approach to any interesting or popular album.

Sure, they email you the '20% off this weekend on every album' but when you try to get that discount - they say no.

I think they're about to get a lesson in the elasticity of demand. I know I'm not buying many albums there any more.

So where's a good place to buy records? Soundstage Direct is nice but they take forever to ship.

2. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

acoustic sounds.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Reported for relocation to sub forum Marketplace Discussions, rather than Hardware.

4. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Elusive Disc, ship quickly, pack well and great customer service.

I dropped Music Direct after a nightmare with a cartridge, which the manufacturer had to resolve and was very sorry about the way Music Direct treated/handled it.

5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

The “Not eligible for further discount” thing is not unique to Music Direct by any means. You’ll find the same issue at Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc. I believe this policy is imposed by certain labels (MoFi, AP, Intervention). I haven’t encountered any problems with Music Direct so I still tend to order a fair amount with them due to their low threshold for free shipping ($49) and quick shipping.

More and more I find myself ordering these non discountable records from Amazon who ship free regardless to prime members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.