QRP releasing Beatles Red, Blue, Love, and 1 on 180g vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Billy Budapest, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy Budapest

Billy Budapest Forum "Member" Thread Starter

So, I wonder if analog masters will be used? Don't know if that is possible for Love. I wonder, too, if they will use the original single masters for the three comps. Any ideas?

2. Billy Budapest

Street date December 9, 2014, for those of you who didn't get the Acoustic Sounds mailer.

3. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

QRP? I'm in for the Red and Blue which is madness as I have several copies of both of these already, I have no need for '1' on vinyl and I have a mint UK original of 'Love' which I can't see being bettered... (i'm sure it'll be a fine re-issue however).

Bingo Bongo and Clanceman like this.
  4. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

All 2-LP sets, I assume. I'll definitely want all four titles... I hope that they retain the deluxe packaging for the "1" album (the four individual portraits, the huge poster, the custom inner sleeves, etc.)

Any word yet on suggested retail price?

5. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I highly doubt it. The mono box was designed to cater to a very specific type of fan, therefore they went to the extra effort. The Red, Blue, 1, and Love compilations are all designed for more general fans, most of whom don't care about an all-analog chain (as long as the end product sounds good). If they don't use the digital masters as their sources, I'll be shocked.

Keith V and Shak Cohen like this.
  6. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Answering my own question here: Looks like $36 each for three of the titles and $48 for the "Love" album. Not sure why that title would cost so much more, as they are all 2-disc releases...

7. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

8. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

Will there be any difference between the original Love LP released in 2007 and this new release?

9. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

If we've got the recent Mono vinyl pressing, have we not got all the tracks on the Red and Blue albums already in the best possible format?

10. boots

boots Chokma!

I'd like to get the Love LP but have to pass on the rest of it.

11. somedude

somedude Forum Resident

no, the mono set still lacks tracks from Let It Be and various singles. some notable omissions include Hey Jude, Long and Winding Road, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and All My Loving She Loves You. but yes there's still going to be a ton of overlap

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

QRP? Wow!

This has me intrigued

Coricama likes this.
  13. paulisme

paulisme I’m being sarcastic

I'll definitely be picking up Love. I've contemplated buying the currently available pressing for a while now, so I guess I'll wait.

14. culabula

culabula Unread author.

QRP?

Paulwalrus and ponkine like this.
  15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Mono set doesn't have Hey Jude, I Want To Hold Your Hand, She Loves You? Mine certainly does.

16. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Is there a link to the announcement?

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Very interesting Col. Klink

[​IMG]

Sean likes this.
  18. John

John Senior Member

19. Billy Budapest

Tommyboy likes this.
  20. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

The mono box is missing "The Ballad of John and Yoko" / "Old Brown Shoe" single, the "Abbey Road" album and the "Let It Be" single and album. The last nine tracks of the blue album would be from these. But of course the red and blue albums are all stereo except presumably the first four tracks.

21. Billy Budapest

I can't seem to be able to upload graphic files anymore, only links to images. :( If I could, I would post the announcement graphic here.

22. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Wonder if QRP will use the Original 1973 Masters for the "Red" and "Blue" Albums,or the 2009 Remixed ones?

ponkine likes this.
  23. rpd

rpd Senior Member

No way these are analogue. But for those of you that buy digital records, I bet these would be quality releases...

24. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

If they are going to reissue any album on high quality vinyl and remastered, it damned well should be Live at the Hollywood Bowl!!!!

25. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.