Quadio Chicago BluRay Box Set announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Apr 28, 2016.

1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Not with mass produced physical media. Sorry.

2. Yes, owning hundreds of Chicago Quadio box sets - because we all know there's a massive, pent-up demand for quad mixes of a band that - let's face it - is fading from the collective memory (and I say this as a fan) on physical discs - is a sure-fire way to retiring early.

JediJoker, fsutall, Bill Mac and 3 others like this.
  3. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

That's not too far from the truth in some rooms if you just make it all Gold Records, Guitars, Record Store Displays, Pinball Machines and Stereo Equipment.

4. audiomixer

Plus, the people that want(ed) more than likely already have it, so who are the buyers? It's a small audience for the Quad box.

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. audiomixer

What he just said! :thumbsup:

6. Billion$Baby

Have been retired since 2009. They certainly wont decline in value especially when almost half of them were free of charge.

7. audiomixer

It's your compulsion, not mass compulsion.

8. audiomixer

Be proud! Very, very proud! :whistle:

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Wow! I guess we should all feel blessed to be in your presence here on SH ;). I know a few multimillionaires through an earlier business and from where I live. None of them are as full of themselves as you are. Those that normally need to spout off about their net value usually aren't that rich and or a complete bore. Get over yourself man :rolleyes:!

10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Listening to CTA in quad what an excellent sounding album :)!

Ed Hughes, formu_la and PineBark like this.
  11. Billion$Baby

One of the boxes I just got from Italy has a different number on the bottom of the sticker. That's the only difference I see from my other sets. And if that's the determining factor of 1st run vs 2nd run then I just got 1st and 2nd run boxes in the same shipment from Amazon Italy.

Thanks for the compliment Bill. Obviously I must be a bore then if it has to be 1 of the 2 choices.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Cheaper than wallpapering your house, I suppose. Stack those boxes up enough and it's "drywall? What drywall?"

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The Chicago quad box is still available from standard wholesale channels, at standard prices. I've no idea what all this "sold out" talk is about.

Bill Mac and lukpac like this.
  14. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

The difference is that in Europe they use the UPC as the product's selection number.

15. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

How the H did you get in my bedroom???

16. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

This picture reminds me of the reality TV show called "Hoarders." Do you also need some professional help for compulsively hoarding things?

17. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

No, but my family basically had me put all my albums, cds, dvds, guns, knives, books, Suzuki 1980 GS1000 motorcylce tank I must re-galvanize, etc. in my bedroom-it is not pretty. I'm still sleeping on the couch but at least have a path to the stereo carved out as I go through my crates of albums to downsize.

Now, so this isn't a thread crap...somewhere in that room I have the Greatest Hits from this Quad release...I hope to find it and wouldn't mind having II and one or two others, don't have enough interest for the whole set.

18. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Ship the whole set to my address please....

19. Billion$Baby

More than happy to send you a Free copy of "II" from the set...cause Im such a ______ (Insert any of the above compliments here). Just give me your addy.

20. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

never had it, only GH from a busted-up set...

21. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

Maybe you should sell some of those "FREE" box sets and get a camera that will do close focus! :)

22. Would someone please tell me which titles were repressed and replaced due to issues? Thank you in advance.

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Chicago II and GH. I settled for one copy of each.

24. I think I received my replacements back when, about a year ago. Wasn't one because it was in mono or some such and I can't recall the other issue.

25. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

The tracks from side 2 of the second album were mono.