Quadio Chicago BluRay Box Set announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Yeah, but all you guys who got replacements, when was this? Was it back in 2016 when the set came out or more recently? I'm wondering if Rhino is still sending out replacements. I agree that contacting amazon would be pointless because they wouldn't know a replacement set from the original - otherwise they would have sent the replacement set out in the first place.

2. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I'm not sure it has ever been confirmed that there was a corrected set, only individual replacement discs. Unless this box has been re-pressed?

3. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm not sure when it was that I contacted Dr. Rhino or when the replacement discs arrived. The best option is to contact Dr. Rhino and then you'll know first hand what the situation is.

Contact Us

JediJoker and JamesD1957 like this.
  4. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

I recall including the purchase receipt in my email, Rhino might require that.

JediJoker likes this.
  5. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

There was a lot of back and forth earlier in the thread but I think you are right, I don't think there was confirmation that ANY of the sets have the repaired discs included.

marcb, Bill Mac and JediJoker like this.
  6. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

3 months ago

JediJoker and JamesD1957 like this.
  7. steve722

steve722 Forum Resident

Purchased mine from Amazon first week in April this year. Emailed Dr. Rhino and waited at least a couple of weeks for a response.
    After emailing my receipt I had my 2 replacement discs about 3 to 4 weeks later. Takes awhile but they eventually come through.

Simon A, scobb and JediJoker like this.
  8. Trainspotting

Well, I can't email a receipt. I pay for it with my amazon credit card and they don't send paper. I don't even get an itemized bill every month - they just tell me when it's time to pay.

9. Hymie the Robot

From Amazon? Go to your history of orders and get a copy of the invoice.

longdist01, jlf, JediJoker and 3 others like this.
  10. :laugh:

11. Trainspotting

Well, I received my replacement discs for Chicago 2 and 9 today. Put Chicago 2 on the Oppo and played the stereo layer, and whadya know? It's the same mono folddown on side two of the album as before. I don't know what to do now. Do I contact Dr Rhino yet again and complain, or just live with it? And what exactly are the fold downs on Chicago 9?

12. Hymie the Robot

Ouch! I never bothered to open the replacement disc package.

Just crank the QUAD...You are the first person to acknowledge a problem with the replacements I have seen, here, there, or anywhere.

13. Trainspotting

Yeah, you're probably right. I bought it for the quads anyway.

14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Contact them again, I got good replacements but I bought the box on release date.

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Do the replacement discs have the same numbers as the original discs? I received the replacement discs and if I recall the numbers were different than the original discs. That information was probably posted earlier in the thread.

JediJoker likes this.
  16. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

They corrected ones have different matrix info.

17. What are the correct metrix if you happen to have em handy?

18. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

JediJoker and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  19. Trainspotting

So what does that mean, exactly? What numbers am I supposed to see on the corrected blu ray, and where do I find them?

20. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Forum Resident

You can find the Matrix numbers on the playing data side of the Blu-ray. They are written in a circle near the center hole.
    There had been two manufacturing runs for corrected disks for Chicago (II). The correct disks have either for the first corrected pressing run
    (590044) 3.2.553946V2.F.2 01S
    or for the second corrected pressing run
    (590044) 3.2.553946V2.F.2 02S

For Chicago Greatest Hits the corrected disk has the Matrix
    (590040) 3.2.553946V2.FE.8 01S

For comparison:
    The faulty US pressings of Chicago (II) had 4/5/2016 [Logo] 3 553946.2.A VD01
    The faulty EU pressings of Chicago (II) had [Logo] S1 0349788066B/1 V01 DOJ

The faulty US pressings of Chicago Greatest Hits had 4/6/2016 [Logo] 3 553946.8.A VD01
    The faulty EU pressings of Chicago Greatest Hits had [Logo] S1 0349788066H/1 V01 XMB

On the stereo part of Chicago (II) the tracks Wake Up Sunshine and the complete Suite Ballet For A Girl in Buchannon were incorrectly mastered as mono folddown instead of stereo.
    On the stereo part of 'Chicago IX - Chicago's Greatest Hits '69-'74' the track Color My World is incorrectly mastered as mono folddown instead of stereo.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    agentalbert, Shawn, Bill Mac and 6 others like this.
  21. Trainspotting

Well, I'm holding the disc up and by 'the playing side' I assume you mean the side with no color or words, just a silver disc. There are some letters/numbers near the center but they're so small that even with my glasses I couldn't possibly read them without a magnifying glass. Guess they don't really want you to read them.

Oh well, I've put as much effort into this as I care to. It's no longer interesting me. I'll just keep them as is.

22. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

Just to be clear, the non-stereo tracks are not folded down, they are the result of the left channel appearing in the right as well.

JonUrban, Shawn, JediJoker and 2 others like this.
  23. IndyLions

IndyLions Forum Resident

Well...I just checked the Matrix on my replacements and they are bad as well. I bought my set very early - and then it took literally 6 months for the replacement discs to come after I requested them. Looks like when they finally came they were the wrong ones ! (both replacement matrix ended in VD01)...

Hymie the Robot and JediJoker like this.
  24. Trainspotting

I don't know how you guys even read those matrix numbers.

25. IndyLions

IndyLions Forum Resident

How do we read in any small print / low light situation? It’s the modern version of the Sherlock Holmes-era magnifying glass - the cell phone camera with digital zoom.

scobb, longdist01 and JonUrban like this.