Quality Records Has Improved Over the Years -- Is Now REALLY "Quality"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by feinstei9415, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I had purchased the first 10 records in the RCA Red Seal Living Stereo collection that were being issued by Chad Kassem's Quality Records. The vinyl was noisy, full of clicks and pops and was just generally awful.

Last week, I ordered about 20 of the later RCA Red Seal reissues including "The Royal Ballet" deluxe album and a bunch of the Red Seal-that-were-recorded-by-Decca issues. They are absolutely superb, the vinyl being noise free and totally free of the clicks and pops found on the first of these reissues.

Since I was previously vehement in my criticism of the poor quality of the Quality Records RCA Red Seal pressings, I felt that I should post about how happy I am with these latest efforts.

ssmith3046, bruce2, Sax-son and 2 others like this.
  2. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Good man!

feinstei9415 likes this.
  3. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

As much as this forum can be an essential resource for warnings of QC problems, it sometimes lags badly in granting reprieves when quality control improves. My impression too is that QRP has made great strides in licking past issues.

feinstei9415 likes this.
  4. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I know it's a bit off topic but I just want to add that I have purchased a bunch of APs Living Stereo and Decca SACDs and they are uniformly excellent!

feinstei9415 likes this.
  5. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

You put your money where your mouth is and were justified in criticizing the product. How else were they going to learn that they had problems.

Now you are praising their products which is great encouragement to be sure!

JG

6. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

Or, perhaps...Big Vinyl got to him.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  7. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

[​IMG]

Joseph LeVie likes this.
  8. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

They might have improved but they still have issues. The AP releases are expensive in Europe. Mastering always top notch and the sleeves as well. The best! However, several times I have received vinyl with quality issues (ticks all over) which I do not expect when I pay that premium price. Really annoying since it is a hassle to return records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.