Quantico...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stuguy, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Watched the pilot episode on Sunday night. Lots of plot, back stories and confusion. Definitely tests the limits of believeability. Probably has some potential.

2. It was a very slick, ambitious pilot. It did lose me in some way with all of the reveals in the final ten minutes. It was made well enough that I will continue watching.

stuguy likes this.
  3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I was really digging the first episode until near the end where some of the plot twists seemed to be a bit over the top but I am intrigued!!

stuguy likes this.
  4. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I gave up halfway through it.

5. fiendish_thingy

fiendish_thingy Forum Resident

It felt a little bit... Shonda. Ought to call it "Feds Anatomy."

6. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes. It definitely seemed like there were too many plot reveals and twists towards the end.

7. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I haven't given up on it but had higher hopes for it based on pre-pilot hype.

stuguy likes this.
  8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Felt crowed but will watch a few more to see how to goes.

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Too many friggin' fast edits to get to know the characters. I know it's a pilot, but slooooooooooooooooow it down.

timztunz likes this.
  10. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I liked it until they fast forwarded to the future/present time. I wanted to watch them going through the academy, but it looks like they're into the future. Too much fast forward, come back etc. I'll watch the next episode to see where they take it.

forthlin likes this.
  11. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I liked it. Ms Chopra sure is a beauty and I love her voice. I guess I've become used to the fast forward/backstory/multiple viewpoint narrating of modern TV (and some earlier and current novels) so that hasn't bothered me. I think we'll see more of the first weeks and current "flight" passages going forward.

12. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

That's a great way of putting it!

13. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

All the cast young, beautiful, in great shape. Unrealistic to say the least.

14. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Maybe the beautiful part. However the great shape isn't really that much of a stretch as most are just out of the academy and young. To make it through that kind of training you can't really be a fatty.....they've got the rest of their career to let themselves go. :laugh:

15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

This thread needs pics

16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree.
    [​IMG]

17. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I really enjoyed it, looking forward for the next episode.

18. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I liked it quite a bit, but as others have said, too much bouncing around between past & present. At least, I *think* that's what was happening.

audiomixer likes this.
  19. shokhead

I want to like it but it's so flawed it very hard to watch.

20. I'm trying to like it but they sure do want to get a lot of plots going. And does every character have to have a secret? And I'm still not sure what the deal with the twins is because it flashed by so quickly.

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I don't mind the narrative structure of every episode cutting between the training at Quantico [where apparently the conspiracy(ies) started] and then to the terrorist bombing, investigation and pursuit months later. However, like a lot of other tv series, this seems like a good idea for a 2 hour movie which has been stretched over the expected lifespan of a series. And in the latest aired [2nd?] episode I think the main character gave a time line of a 24 hour investigation to clear her name; so, can this idea really work past one season? My biggest problem with the show [despite many realistic flaws, but I usually don't mind suspending my disbelief if the story is good] is the main character [Alex Parris] played by Priyanka Chopra. Attractive ... yes, but she simply does not believably project the character who is suppose to be the best at everything she does - from running a ten mile hike to hand-to-hand combat to being the most intelligent, best investigator. I don't even mind all of little mysteries and deceptions, as long as they're explained and eventually woven logically into the narrative.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  22. shokhead

It really bugged me that she got to watch the video from the store because the FBI just hadn't gotten around to it yet and the bag of stuff with a gun they found by a car I think. Well of course it's hers. Hell, open it because we don't need to finger print any of the stuff inside because we just know it's hers. :shake:

Dubmart likes this.
  23. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

The fast-cut editing is still driving me nuts. Trying to be too clever.

shokhead likes this.
  24. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Totally with you on those points, especially when the agent in charge just takes the driving licences out of the bag with his ungloved hands, talk about contaminating evidence, also funny how not only did all the agents leave her apartment, a crime scene, but also none had noticed the hole leading to the next building.

25. shokhead

Don't expect it to be perfect but those things are just, come on! Lazy writing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.