Queen 40th Anniversary remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

2. jymy

jymy Senior Member

Looks like a pirate disc to me.

3. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

It really does. They love to put all kinds of audiophile attributes at once on those.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

QUEEN - Greatest Hits Albums Released As HD Sound Files In Japan

Rarities

Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 17:24:43 EST

The 2011 remastered versions of QUEEN's both Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits II albums are released today in Japan by e-onkyo and Universal Music Japan – for the first time as high-definition downloadable sound files, delivered by US mastering engineer Bob Ludwig. The albums and the individual songs are all available as 96 kHz/24-bit lossless audio files. The bonus tracks contained in the 2011 Japanese CD issues area also included.

5. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

yes, you're right however if the Greatest hits are a different master originally i think it would sound as good as the albums tracks.

6. Smiths22

wouldn't

7. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

Just checked the currency conversion on those...$73 US for the pair? No thanks...

8. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

:biglaugh:

Is there, at least, some kind of self-printable OBI? :winkgrin:

9. botley

botley Forum Resident

Why is that so outlandish? People regularly pay as much if not more to import SHM-SACDs from Japan (which are sometimes derived from exactly the same masters as their much-cheaper domestic counterparts). This release offers a guaranteed upgrade in sound quality, plus one track that isn't available remastered anywhere else in "I Was Born To Love You".

If I could navigate the checkout in Japanese, I'd gladly drop that much money to get 'em. It works out to about $2 per song... certainly comparable with HDtracks and other high-def download retailers' price points.

10. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

I hate the thought of spending more than $20 on a download with no physical media/packaging/tangible object involved...but that might just be me.

11. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

1) I live in a bit different country, where montly incomes are an order of magnitude lower than both in Canada and Japan. And, I'm afraid, I'm not alone here. Still, I'm ready to buy a legal product and even pay some reasonable extra for higher resolution.

2) Prices on Japanese SACDs usually grow up, i.e. we can re-sell them. The re-sell price of this download will drop to zero immediately after purchase.

12. Smiths22

I agree, too expensive for a bunch of files....

Exactly!

13. Peterr

Peterr Forum Resident

And those files end up always on usenet...
    So one pays honest money, for the cd`s or files, and another can....get it free :(

Al the 24bit release`s from Steely Dan to whatever I`ve seen coming through..(but that is another kind of topic )
    I also like to have something phisical if i pay for music.

grt Peterr

14. Smiths22

Strange a day at the races sound louder using my stereo period. But when listening through my ipod at low volume sounds pretty nice...

15. Smiths22

Well maybe not loud parts too low and loud parts too louder each song has a different treatment in my opinion some sound good but others not

16. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

17. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

18. Smiths22

:righton:

19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Just saw this news on Facebook , usa would be cool , but not if they don't sound that great ....

They are also taking votes for the fan designed 40th anniverasry shirt ........some cool designs !

http://www.talenthouse.com/queen-anniversary-design-a-t-shirt

20. Smiths22

yes, old news this was already posted above. thanks anyway.

21. chriss71

chriss71 Active Member

Anybody knows if the 2011 SHM-CD have the same mastering as the 2011 by Bob Ludwig?

22. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

23. pencilchewer

pencilchewer Active Member

:laugh: why, you can only take just so much Queen?

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

what are the next 5?

25. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

The next 5 albums to be released. These remasters are coming in 3 waves of 5 discs each. The next 5 are:
    News Of The World
    Jazz
    Flash
    The Game
    Hot Space

The 5 after that are:
    The Works
    A Kind Of Magic
    The Miracle
    Innuendo
    Made In Heaven.

The next 5 will be out in June, followed by the rest about September if I remember correctly. Apparently these will be followed by the remastered live albums next year.

Im still waiting to hear what the bonus tracks are for the next tranch of releases.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.