Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" The Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lwh1, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Where'd you read that's happening?

2. juanmanuel

juanmanuel Forum Resident

Hot Space is a tasteful good album and Freddie and John were the responsible people.

Carlox, Jarleboy, pantofis and 5 others like this.
  3. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Thanks for this insight, I learned a lot. The editing of some of the tracks seem pretty questionable. I see some missed opportunities in the S/T.

1. Please stop reusing the same live cuts already widely available.
    2. If you're gonna go on a chopping spree (tm pending) how about remixing BoRhap and other tunes specifically for this release?
    3. Who Wants to Live Forever- Freddie on the first verse, it exists, use it.
    4. Throw in a never before heard demo of one of these hits.

sathvyre, Jarleboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Too many Brian May songs, he shouldn't have been involved in the production.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

What's the significance of using Fat Bottomed Girls over some of the other [bigger] hits?
    And why is Who Wants To Live Forever in there if the movie timeline finishes in mid-1985?

Carlox, andrewskyDE and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

In UK cinemas, the pre-show adverts have a theme called Asteroid and have done for decades.

Queen have recorded a version for this release, so expect them to have done the 20th Century Fox Fanfare as well.

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

More like the Brian May version. Not the elongated piece, either.

8. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Sad.

9. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

It's pretty good.

tmtomh, longaway, danielbravo and 2 others like this.
  10. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

How's the bass on this? Can't buy it in stores around here (yea, thanks, Best Buy and Target) so I'll probably go with the download.

11. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

The CD is very loud, not brickwalled, but a little too close for comfort...I can't turn up the volume that high and my ears didn't appreciate when I tried too. The volume level is a problem on this CD...anyone else notice this?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Yes it's too loud. I've heard worse but I've heard much better.

13. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I don't know, but I can guess.

Im guessing FBG appears in a scene revolving around the infamous Jazz album release party in New Orleans.
    It is a rock and roll movie, Im assuming we'll get more than a couple party scenes.

Ok, this is a movie released to tell an entertaining story, its going to take certain liberties.
    Its shouldnt be taken as a documentary thats looking to be ironclad factual.

If you're looking to watch this movie with your brain looking for mistakes, you probably wont enjoy it.
    You go in, with no preconceptions, suspend your cynicism, you maybe pleasantly surprised.

While most are going to judge Malek on the well known famous performance pieces,
    I'm more curious to see how he plays him off stage, since Freddie was notoriously such a private person.
    Im sure itll be highly sanitized and darker areas maybe only hinted at.
    I believe that was one of the first initial issues with this project, when Baron-Cohen was playing Freddie.

14. NightGoatToCairo

Apparently Fat Bottomed Girls features during a 1974 concert [Back To The Future]:doh:

Efus and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Yeah, thats a big miss, if true.
    Bad enough if its a party scene after a 74 show, but to feature it as being played during that time period?
    Itd be surprising if they were that stupid.

I will say this, if Im remember it right, FBG is early in that tracklist on the soundtrack, so......

16. NightGoatToCairo

Ok, this is a movie released to tell an entertaining story, its going to take certain liberties.
    Its shouldnt be taken as a documentary thats looking to be ironclad factual.

If you're looking to watch this movie with your brain looking for mistakes, you probably wont enjoy it.
    You go in, with no preconceptions, suspend your cynicism, you maybe pleasantly surprised. ;)

Jarleboy likes this.
  17. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Probably the same reason Freddie is shown recording We Will Rock You with a mustache...

Carlox and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. NightGoatToCairo

You think he'd have used a microphone...

19. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Yeah, if its a full blown stage performance piece of FBG set in '74, its worth getting bananas about.
    If its playing in the background for 30 seconds in a scene in an hour and 45 minute movie, Ill probably be able to swallow my outrage just fine while wondering why they did that.

I will say this, I saw the trailer on tv for the first time yesterday. (Its good, got me all pumped, lol)
    After it finished, I said to the wife, now thats a movie Id like to see.
    She laughed.

Jarleboy likes this.
  20. Zach Johnson

:sigh:

21. NightGoatToCairo

I'm laughing. You're obviously not aware of the other liberties they have taken. I'll say no more - enjoy the film!

Efus likes this.
  22. Zach Johnson

As cool as the opening track is, is that now officially the final Queen song? :ignore:

And any chance the missing Live Aid tracks make it to the vinyl edition? Because that's the only way I'm buying it.

mc7t and Man at C&A like this.
  23. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I think there's no chance. There are minor technical problems during the missing songs, which don't spoil watching it and seeing Freddie being totally fabulous, but would be more evident on an audio only release. I taped the Live Aid set from the radio live back in the day and the issues (high pitched feedback) were very audible on that tape.

24. Zach Johnson

Hmmm, that's true. It's just such a short set that missing tracks really stand out.

Man at C&A likes this.
  25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

You mean the Fanfare? It would be great if Brian and Roger are keen to dig out more unused/unreleased and interesting stuff from the vaults and make something cool by recording new sounds over it, similar as Made In Heaven.
    I'm still bit disappointed that 'Let Me In Your Heart Again' was just added in front of a love songs related compilation few years ago. The song deserves to be on a Made In Heaven 2.0 album IMO.

Man at C&A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.