Queen catalogue released in UK through Hachette, not deagostini

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by starchilduk, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starchilduk

starchilduk Forum Resident Thread Starter

Funally the UK gets this subscription based release of their catalogue.
    I got a couple of the deagostini jap releases, I am glad its getting a release in the UK.
    Hopefully they will be as good as The Beatles set. Sadly no boxes are being made for this set.

anybody else signed up?
    Home | Queen The Vinyl Collection

2. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Any idea of when it's starting

3. starchilduk

No, there are no dates On the website but I have signed up, so only time will tell.

4. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

That's curious, I couldn't see Greatest Hits II or Live Magic...

unless I am missing something?

EDIT : GHII is there, I just missed it when scrolling.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  5. starchilduk

GH 2 is there but no live magic. Looking forward to live at the bowl. I already have the jap of wembley which is great. But yes good spot about live magic.

6. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Oh yeah, it is in there! That's what happens when you scroll down too quickly. Surprised about Live Magic though.

Pianoman99 likes this.
  7. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Nice. I’ll be in for some of those at least (all the live albums and maybe Innuendo and Made in Heaven since they’re the only ones I don’t have copies of already...)

8. starchilduk

Had a confirmation of order email today, expect to ship within 28 days. Whats this 1985? Lol

Former Scientist likes this.
  9. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Excellent. Been waiting for this. The DeAgostini postage prices on ebay are ridiculous. Cost more than the LP! Only looking at half a dozen though.

10. LivingForever

Can’t decide whether to subscribe or not...

I only need about a third of the titles, but it’s almost worth subscribing just to make sure I get those!

KAJ1971 likes this.
  11. KAJ1971

Can't decide whether too either. Want the non-studio LP's. See if I can pick them up in supermarkets maybe.

12. the_redgrin

the_redgrin Forum Resident

It isn't that smart imo, also, thr live albums from Queen are worthless to me, they are just a mess of overdubs, going with bootlegs is 10 times better...
    Even the BBC "live" has some issues, on Its Late there's an annoying edit, go listen to it on Youtube, it's dreadful

Man at C&A likes this.
  13. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I’ll be subscribing. For the studio albums are these the same half speed masters that were used in the box set? I’m assuming they will be.

I never got round to getting the box and I’ve only got A Night At The Opera and Greatest Hits on vinyl

14. LivingForever

I’ve subscribed now. It’ll be worth it to me for the live albums and the few studios I don’t have an original copy of.

I can flog the rest if I don’t want them!

15. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I’ve subscribed but not had any confirmation yet. Did it take a few days for anyone else?

16. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Any idea of when they will go on sale in newsagents as I only want the live albums
    I don't want to subscribe as I have the studio album's

17. LivingForever

Yep, took a few days for my confirmation email to come through. And it told me I'd signed up to start with issue 1 (actually I selected issue 4..)

A good start :D

18. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Had my confirmation this morning and they have put a totally wrong address so will have to call them to sort out

19. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I think that edit might be from the original session.

the_redgrin likes this.
  20. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Great news! Hopefully these will be available in shops or Hatchette will be a lot more organised than DeAgostini were with the jazz albums.

I'm definitely in for the On Fire, Montreal, Hammersmith and BBC, possibly Wembley too but I have the original of that. These will complete my Queen vinyl collection.

21. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

Decided to subscribe. In the past I haven't been much of a Queen fan, got a bit burnt out on the big hits etc., but recently have become more interested in the band.

In the Hachette confirmation email they got the right name and address but for some reason the letters LTD have been put before my name. I'm probably being a bit thick, but what's that about? I'm not a Ltd company, as far as I know.

22. biilyedwards

biilyedwards Todd Browning's freak

So say you just buy issue one for £10 - do you get Kind of Magic and A Night at the Opera both?

23. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Think you have to subscribe to get that deal

24. KAJ1971

Asked in WHSmith but they hadn't even heard of it. Hopefully it'll be around sooner or later. Subscribing would cost about the same as picking up the live ones & Innuendo (for the unedited versions) online so I might just do that and flog the ones I don't want. Or maybe see what turns up on ebay. There's plenty of them selling in Italy but they're charging the same for postage as the LP itself so they can stick that!

Albiegator and Man at C&A like this.
  25. the_redgrin

the_redgrin Forum Resident

It's probable, they should have tried to fix that in some original way tho... Maybe covering it, I don't know... The BBC one isn't that cheap, it should have been better... Also, they ruined the only "Fairy Feller's Master Stroke" live version ever recorded: seems the original one got so worn out there's none now... My question is, if you have a unique analog source, of one hell of a rarity, why in the first place, did you make one copy, and than autotuned the **** out of it? I hope it's just a rumor and they own the original, otherwise this gotta be crazy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.