Queen recording info sought...were their albums tracked to a click or done live?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

There is a click track on the video of Live at Pompei during the dark side session's.

2. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Would the alarm clock employed on "A Day In The Life" count as a metronome? :D

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Try to synchronize it to a click or metronome and report back here with the results...

...it didn't work, did it? :D

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They were looped from the multitracks. Music ontop was mixed so the listener never thinks about it.

I would imagine that oldtime metronomes were used in recording sessions going back decades.

As for Queen, The 80's records must have also features gated drums/bass which is better with a click track.

5. Dansk

Dansk rational romantic mystic cynical idealist

I don't know why everyone seems to think a click track is such a recent invention. It's just a metronome put to tape, it doesn't matter whether it was created digitally or not, and metronomes have been around forever.

6. ashulman

ashulman Forum Resident

If I recall, Anthology has footage of him rehearsing the song in the studio with his foot tapping away.

7. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

:laugh:

This should be in Songfiction, not Songfacts.

8. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yeah, that's one of the craziest things I've ever read! :crazy: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=157

How could anyone believe that it would be possible to put a series of scratches on a master tape that are perfectly in sync with every downbeat of a song? It would be absolutely impossible and the tape would be unplayable. :magoo: I'm going to have to watch "The Compleat Beatles" again, 'cause I don't remember that being said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.