question about JRiver media center... user friendly?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mindblanking, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I use it to get rid of long gaps between the last track and a hidden track. I also use it to create a new track for hidden tracks. 5 minutes of silence before a hidden track starts is pretty boring in my book.

2. Vocalpoint

Vocalpoint Forum Resident

For those few albums in my collection with "hidden tracks" - I rip the tracks to wav, stick them into Wavelab and edit out any useless space. Then convert to FLAC and upload to our main library.

My directive is to have every track in the library perform exactly as any other. Dead space has no place in my listening room :)

VP

3. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I have 1 album with 13 minutes of dead space before the hidden track. It was incredibly annoying when I still listened to it on CD. Especially since the hidden track is good.

4. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

Well I saw the feature referenced a number of years ago in an article on how to get free ringtones on your iPhone - I'm not even sure if that works any longer. And that's not what I was looking for.

Charles Rosen's seminal work, "The Classical Style" quotes brief passages from the works of Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven - anywhere from 2 to say 30 bars. While I can read music, following multi-part music presented on two staves is not easy for me - maybe because I don't play piano. I have recordings of many of the works and would like to isolate the relevant musical quotations and listen as I read the explanatory text.

5. Doctorcilantro

Doctorcilantro Forum Resident

J. River does have a Scheduler IIRC. good for alarm clock I guess? Exercise or dance routine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.