Questions about black CD-Rs.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by KeithH, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Same here. I cannot tell the difference from any other type of CD-R as far as jitter is concerned.

Burning speed has more to do with jtter on CD-R.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I used to have the link on my old PC, but I can't even recall the name now. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because, as I do remember, the site hadn't been updated in many years. Things change.

3. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I use Samsung blacks (and colored ones). The black ones look *very* cool.

I once did a test... I burned a high quality re-master (Alan Parsons' I Robot) on a TDK Azio SuperBlue disc and a Samsung black one. I couldn't detect any difference at all... except that the Samsung looked great.

4. Ere

Ere Senior Member

The Verbatim mini-LP CD-Rs are the only ones I've used so far that the finicky factory CD player in my car likes consistently. It chokes on the Memorex blacks and Golds. It does OK with the Mem. CD-R music-only discs. All of them play fine on every other player in the house and sound fine to me.

And I agree w Javier, the black ones look very cool!

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

Ed, the ten-pack of Memorex black CD-Rs I saw at CompUSA states that the discs can be used either in computer burners or hi-fi component burners. Frankly, this is the first CD-R I have seen that makes this claim. Note that these CD-Rs aren't the cheapest out there. A ten-pack sells for $20 at CompUSA. The discs come in slimline jewel cases.

The 50-disc spindle pack of Memorex black CD-Rs at CompUSA is only for computer burners.

6. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

"Ed, the ten-pack of Memorex black CD-Rs I saw at CompUSA states that the discs can be used either in computer burners or hi-fi component burners. Frankly, this is the first CD-R I have seen that makes this claim. Note that these CD-Rs aren't the cheapest out there. A ten-pack sells for $20 at CompUSA. The discs come in slimline jewel cases."

Keith,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to make a trip to CompUSA and pick up a pack to try out.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.